Thread: Several V.I. excercises

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Several V.I. excercises

I would like to read your opinions about several V.I. cases.

First, this kind of smile. Would you attribute it to the same personality or group of personalities? I've encountered it in people who share not few behavoral and cognitive aspects:

JesúsCampos.jpgJesusCampos.png
    PabloIglesias.jpg
    PlabloIglesias2.jpg

The first guy is a former university colleage. The last guy is Spanish politician Pablo Iglesias.

I personally call it as "narcissistic smile" because that's the most visible aspect these guys share (at least from my point of view). They have this "I'm better than you" aura when interacting, sometimes in a more explicit ways, sometimes in a more subtle fashion.

I do not see it as equivalent to "arrogance" as "arrogant people" could think that they are more right than you or know more than you, but not necessarily see themselves as worthier (better) than you. This smile represents a feeling more than a rational thought, so to speak.

I am tempted to attribute an EIE correlation to this smile, but somewhat statistically, not biunivocal. When I think in EIEs I think in two kind of people who are quite different from each other. The egocentric one, which could typically manifest this smile (seems like an Fe-ish smile, anyway) and the martyr one, much more reserved and serious and full of insecurities. Maybe they could more or less correlate as Fe and Ni subtypes.

Anycase it seems like a sort of aristocratic smile. Anyone noticed the similarity with Steve Jobs's smile?

I feel the urge to punch them at their faces...

The second V.I. excercise would be about this coworker:
    MJ.jpgMJ2.jpgMJ3.jpgMJ4.jpg

She seems to me like a beta extrovert, but I'm not completely sure about which one. And here we have a similar smile again, although there are subtle differences.

She's more boisterous and straightfoward than the former cases. Too much I must say, as she is unable to stop and shut up when she should. I mean, anyone could notice that what she's saying at that given moment could be counterproductive in the long run for several reasons, but she seems oblivious to this or simply doesn't care. This could make me slightly inclined to pick SLE (Fi PoLR) over EIE, but a big component in her behavior is "abusing" her position and privileges (or better to say, the privileges she thinks she has, but reality points otherwise). Her Se is also a bit of a façade, a mask trying to project a more dominant image than what she really is and is able to do. I think she's just an unhealthy EIE, but not sure as her behavior is quite complex and contradictory (she could even be a sort of SEE-Se).

Finally, this woman:
    Marta.jpg

I could not provide too much personal info (neither other pictures) as I barely know her, but she's somewhat a shy and reserved extrovert and most likely not a Se valuer. Fi-IEE is the first thought that comes to my mind. I think she's extremely beautiful.

Thoughts?

@Sandoval, @Contra, @darya, @Pa3s, @Aylen, @Myst, @Adam Strange...

Edit: an aditional picture about my former university colleage.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 08-24-2016 at 02:08 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Honestly, I wouldn't describe any of these people as having a narcississtic smile - they look completely normal and not punchable

Does smiling widely convey arrogance to you?

you sound like adam strange if adam strange posts were full of anger and lust

first two guys look se polr ,mostly EII and second girl could be ESE

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1556 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post

What? I thought my posts WERE full of anger and lust.

It is the specific effect I'm trying for.

I guess I'll have to try harder.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    First, this kind of smile. Would you attribute it to the same personality or group of personalities? I've encountered it in people who share not few behavoral and cognitive aspects
    No. They don't seem narcissistic either, btw. Just overly happy-go-lucky of sorts. My POV anyway.

Idk about the rest, sorry. I either see something very well in VI or nothing as I dislike to speculate. Since what I see clearly is specific things in specific contexts, the latter case happens much much more often. Don't like apophenia much.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

About VI: The first guy looks EII or smthng like that (not Fe?), the girl does look an obvious EJ, can't tell which one, since many have this sort of smile.

I agree with Myst that none of them is obvious to type.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

last looks sei or iei definitely a P type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't describe any of these people as having a narcississtic smile - they look completely normal and not punchable

Does smiling widely convey arrogance to you?
    By no means. I have no problem with people expressing happiness in a wide smile. It's... this kind in particular. For me, it does not simply express natural joy but certain feeling of superiority (which I tried to differentiate from "intellectual arrogance", but this is not too relevant anyway).

It is a bit complicated to express de subtle nuances I perceive. The two guys are definitely narcissistic (first one, by personal knowledge; second one, by observation) and the first girl (coworker) sort of, although mixed with some hidden complexes (whose existence I suspected and I was able to confirm later by gathered info).

This smile has... something that causes mistrust in me. Almost all people who I have encountered that share this feeling of superiority have it.

Other forms of wide smiling does not promote this sensation in myself. For example:
    smiling-woman.jpg

It does not cause any negative sensation when I see it, but the opposite in fact.

I can even put an example of a person who most likely has to have high self-esteem, Elon Musk:
    elon-695x464.jpg

Yet I do not feel like the guy has a superiority complex looking at his smile. He looks somehow trustable to me.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 08-23-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post

Anger maybe, but why the lust? I just said the last woman is very beautiful, nothing exaggerated I think.

The first guy is nothing like Se PoLR. Mayyybe role (ILE then), but not PoLR.

The second guy, impossible. He's beta to the max, likely EIE or IEI-Fe. He thinks and behaves like a beta in any fashion you can conceive: agressive speaches, emotional promoter, attracting masses, us vs them mentality, etc. And has an ideology typically associated to betas even if it is not exclusive of them (radical left).

If there are other Spanish members here, they will confirm my observation about this politician Pablo Iglesias.

Not sure about the last girl but seems to me closer to Fi valuer than Fe.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 08-23-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    What? I thought my posts WERE full of anger and lust.

It is the specific effect I'm trying for.

I guess I'll have to try harder.

It seems the evidences we share the same type are adding up.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About VI: The first guy looks EII or smthng like that (not Fe?), the girl does look an obvious EJ, can't tell which one, since many have this sort of smile.

I agree with Myst that none of them is obvious to type.
    I don't think he's Se-PoLR. Agree she is likely J, but not completely sure as her behavior is complex.

My goal in this thread was not absolute typing per se, but more like "what do you think about this kind of smile" and offered the last girl as a contrast example (somome who I see as projecting the opposite image).

Any input is welcome anycase

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It seems the evidences we share the same type are adding up.
    There do seem to be similarities between yours and Adam's posts.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

By no means. I have no problem with people expressing happiness in a wide smile. It's... this kind in particular. For me, it does not simply express natural joy but certain feeling of superiority (which I tried to differentiate from "intellectual arrogance", but this is not too relevant anyway).

It is a bit complicated to express de subtle nuances I perceive. The two guys are definitely narcissistic (first one, by personal knowledge; second one, by observation) and the first girl (coworker) sort of, although mixed with some hidden complexes (whose existence I suspected and I was able to confirm later by gathered info).

This smile has... something that causes mistrust in me. Almost all people who I have encountered that share this feeling of superiority have it.

Other forms of wide smiling does not promote this sensation in myself. For example:
    smiling-woman.jpg

It does not cause any negative sensation when I see it, but the opposite in fact.

I can even put an example of a person who most likely has to have high self-esteem, Elon Musk:
    elon-695x464.jpg

Yet I do not feel like the guy has a superiority complex looking at his smile. He looks somehow trustable to me.
    I probably at times have the smile you're talking about and it usually doesnt bother me with other people - a healthy dose of narcississm usually doesnt -there are exceptions who are punchable though (Elon Musk for example is much worse than your other examples). It's funny, I dont trust such people either, but I dont expect to trust anyone besides the closest people, so thats not even a factor in evaluating people for me. Its more how they make me feel, if they are fun, boring, lame...nothing deeper about their character matters for vast majority of public. I might be above average shallow though lol.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

such typing data is bad

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably at times have the smile you're talking about and it usually doesnt bother me with other people - a healthy dose of narcississm usually doesnt -
    That's the key.

Its more how they make me feel, if they are fun, boring, lame...nothing deeper about their character matters for vast majority of public. I might be above average shallow though lol.
    What you're describing about youself probably applies to many people, but maybe others could consider worthy different kind of aspects than yours... Not that there are not simpleminded and shallow people by almost any standard, but I don't think it's a good idea to wear the "I'm deeper" medal too quickly.

In my experience there's a sort of statistical correlation between certain behavior and it, like it's more common in certain kind of people, so I could become a bit more... cautious. But it's not like I will reject a person a soon as I see this smile, that would be ludicrous. The same way I will not reject a person only because he/she could belong to certain type. I observe first and later decide if it goes in the line with my preovious experiences... or not.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    such typing data is bad
    LOL man. Why don't you start a "Socionics church" where everybody uses your "holy book of rules" or something like that...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have added another picture about my former university colleage.

I think this new picture makes more clear that being EII is extremely unlikely for him...

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these smiles don't look particularly creepy, but your desire to punch smiling people is creepy

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The first guy reminds me a lot of a guy I know who is into having expensive cars and material possessions for the sake of show. I would agree that type of smile is correlated with narcissism. No opinion on any of the others.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbane View Post
    these smiles don't look particularly creepy, but your desire to punch smiling people is creepy
    Not smiling people... that is, not smiling people because they're smiling, but because what I think (or better to say, "feel") their smiles mean/imply.
    If you have read my answer to darya, I already stated that there are people with a wide smile that do not project such negative sensation onto myself, even the opposite.

But fwiw, I' have still not punched anyone at his face, smiling or not
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 08-25-2016 at 08:57 AM.