Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: If I post a video, will people type me?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    Sure. When I think, I do not do it systematically.. Things just sort of come to me as I think. A lot of the time I will pause and my brain is basically working like you see your computer.. You know it is calculating things but you are not quite sure what exactly. Like I said in the video how when I think it is both a little compulsive and impulsive. I don't have control over what I think about but given time a pattern is soon to emerge and I usually act on that premonition. There is often a lot of things going on in my brain at once. As I type this I am both searching intuitively on what I am going to write next while a song is running through my head. My foot keeps the beat of the tempo of the song when I am at rest and thinking about what I am going to write. I don't know what I am going to write until I get the next word gets into my mind - sometimes it comes in ideas and concepts. I am not someone who can memorize well, instead I leave my reasoning skills to do most of the work for me. I do a lot of thought challenging, meaning I will think of something and then rethink it to see if it is true, if it is really true, if it is false or how true it actually is. I try to let my reasoning dictate all that I do and I feel it is based on intuition that I come to a realization rather than strict logical conclusion of a domino type way of thinking. I imagine I could be pretty good at chess if I could understand the dynamics of how the game is played. This would require me to spend a good deal of time playing the game since my intuition works much slower than logical thinking. For my intuition to work, I have to be deeply intimate with the system I am working with, but once I have it down to a certain degree, it gets immensely easier for me to calculate very quickly what the correct play to do is. I also spend a lot of time thinking about my thoughts. I am trying to understand the way in which my mind works and it comes in different waves and different flavors. As example of this, during the course of this thread I went from thinking I was Si, for a very short time, to thinking I was Ti, then I have settled on Ni. I will likely change my mind again because I believe that there is always room for improvement in understand yourself - there is always another level to reach - another plane of consciousness. I realize that I don't really make inner judgements or only do after I have thought about the subject very in depthly. I don't typically think about things in categories or compartmentalize much. I don't think in "right" and "wrong" I simply think about what seems most natural without putting expectations on anything.
    Sounds like Ti-Ne to me. Esp. the bolded. The unsureness stuff in the rest seems like devalued Se.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, I do have to put you on ignore. I'm sorry you can't be reasoned with.
    He's one of only 2 people I have on ignore for the same reason. Take a look at ILE btw and see what you think. (I didn't watch video, and have just been skimming, so take it as suggestion rather than anything deeply considered)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    He's one of only 2 people I have on ignore for the same reason. Take a look at ILE btw and see what you think. (I didn't watch video, and have just been skimming, so take it as suggestion rather than anything deeply considered)
    I'll take a look at it squark.

Thanks.
    I struggle with motivation, apathy and sticking to goals.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess the world will never know the answer to this thread title

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did another video because some people wanted me to follow up to some questions they had for me. Anyone interested in me posting it here?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This video was actually extremely informative despite being so short. Did you use a questionnaire?

I didn't read most of the thread but I would advise against using VI—it will often give you very contradictory conclusions coming from different people. The fundamental basis here is behavioral patterns and motivations.

Here are my observations:

-saw that the classes were easy but didn't realize the school had easier classes. Sort of ambiguous but this seems like weak logic to me.
    -very changeable mood. chooses to talk about moods (+ the external manifestation of an internal state!), sees them as very telling. This is all Fe.
    -suffers from detachment from the external world, easily gets lost inside his own head and imagination (all Ni), ignoring external demands of immediate experience (Se). sometimes paces back and forth thinking about things. (again, very much intuitive and Ni in particular)
    -internally emotional but external affect is rather serious. this is pretty common among Fe ego types, especially IEIs and to a lesser extent SEIs.
    -calm demeanor but has problems getting stressed out. Basically what this says is that you seem to be better at Si than you actually are - so probably an intuitive introvert.
    -likes a calm environment without a lot going on. ok, at face value this says that you value Si. However, often we identify with our role function and leave our suggestive function neglected. So this suggests that maybe your Se is something you could get in tune with better.
    -gets interested in things sometimes (Ne) but quickly retreats into a more detached state (Ni)
    -very in tune with his own thought process, can describe the process of getting and thinking about ideas in extreme detail. again suggests very strong Ni.
    -conclusions are never final
    -thinks a lot about his own experience and what he's going through (more NiFe, introversion)
    -thanks people for watching the video even though it's boring - this shows attentiveness to Fe, the emotional impact

The main recurring theme here is that you are very much inside your own head. I imagine you would appreciate the help of someone who could snap you out of this sometimes so you can experience life more fully.

"I've been trying to find my type and who I am and how I fit into this world since I was born"

The search for identity is a classic expression of NiFe. The bit about how you fit into the world would be Ti. Overall it is very easy to see you as a Beta and IEI in particular.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    -saw that the classes were easy but didn't realize the school had easier classes. Sort of ambiguous but this seems like weak logic to me.
    Ambiguous

-very changeable mood. chooses to talk about moods (+ the external manifestation of an internal state!), sees them as very telling. This is all Fe.
    Fe, sure.

-suffers from detachment from the external world, easily gets lost inside his own head and imagination (all Ni), ignoring external demands of immediate experience (Se). sometimes paces back and forth thinking about things. (again, very much intuitive and Ni in particular)
    INxx or just strong N.

-internally emotional but external affect is rather serious. this is pretty common among Fe ego types, especially IEIs and to a lesser extent SEIs.
    Fe egos are actually not truly "rather serious"

-calm demeanor but has problems getting stressed out. Basically what this says is that you seem to be better at Si than you actually are - so probably an intuitive introvert.
    Sure

-likes a calm environment without a lot going on. ok, at face value this says that you value Si. However, often we identify with our role function and leave our suggestive function neglected. So this suggests that maybe your Se is something you could get in tune with better.
    Maybe maybe maybe

-gets interested in things sometimes (Ne) but quickly retreats into a more detached state (Ni)
    Or into detached Ti

-very in tune with his own thought process, can describe the process of getting and thinking about ideas in extreme detail. again suggests very strong Ni.
    Not necessarily but ok say 4D Ni

-conclusions are never final
    Ne valuing more likely

-thinks a lot about his own experience and what he's going through (more NiFe, introversion)
    This isn't specific to NiFe.

-thanks people for watching the video even though it's boring - this shows attentiveness to Fe, the emotional impact
    Anyone can do this.

The main recurring theme here is that you are very much inside your own head. I imagine you would appreciate the help of someone who could snap you out of this sometimes so you can experience life more fully.
    Introversion

"I've been trying to find my type and who I am and how I fit into this world since I was born"

The search for identity is a classic expression of NiFe. The bit about how you fit into the world would be Ti.
    It's a stronger Ti motivation than Fe motivation it seems to me

Overall it is very easy to see you as a Beta and IEI in particular.
    :shrug

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will you guys type me?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Ambiguous

Fe, sure.

INxx or just strong N.

Fe egos are actually not truly "rather serious"

Sure

Maybe maybe maybe

Or into detached Ti

Not necessarily but ok say 4D Ni

Ne valuing more likely

This isn't specific to NiFe.

Anyone can do this.

Introversion

It's a stronger Ti motivation than Fe motivation it seems to me

:shrug
    I tend to disagree that introversion or Ti have something to do with being detached from the world. LSIs are introverted Ti types but I would describe them as being generally engaged with the world rather than detached from it.

"Ne valuing more likely"

Yes that's perhaps the most obvious reading of it but I think an IEI could easily identify with it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so I've narrowed it down to some type of a kind of intuitive LSI and LII. I have enough tests to justify LII as a viable type for myself including an official MBTI test (I realize the type are a bit different and am aware of some of the differences). For LSI, I can only say that I highly identified with the ego block seen here.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I tend to disagree that introversion or Ti have something to do with being detached from the world. LSIs are introverted Ti types but I would describe them as being generally engaged with the world rather than detached from it.

"Ne valuing more likely"

Yes that's perhaps the most obvious reading of it but I think an IEI could easily identify with it.
    Ti with high Ni definitely is going to be like that. So, withdrawing from Ne into Ti with Ni demonstrative is a possible reading of that retreating.

Yes an IEI can identify with it too but it can't be used to support an IEI typing over LII.

OK so I've narrowed it down to some type of a kind of intuitive LSI and LII. I have enough tests to justify LII as a viable type for myself including an official MBTI test (I realize the type are a bit different and am aware of some of the differences). For LSI, I can only say that I highly identified with the ego block seen here.
    The Se part too?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The Se part too?
    Not so much. Often times I will have a theory that I have to get off my chest (the one I feel have a greater impact on the universe), but most the time its just small stuff that I forget about a day later. I think it was Lil Wayne who said "I think about more than I forget," but I feel more like "I think about... half of what I forget." There are always two parts to it: thought and implementation, and sadly I am not quite a doer in the sense of accomplishing what I want, however, strangely enough I can see myself achieving what I want out of life granted I pace myself and follow through. The real question is how far I will be able to go with my goals.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Not so much.
    That's what I thought as it's rather clear you are not Se ego overall from everything you've said/shown so far.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'd say ILI, tentatively.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seems to me that some sort of ST is the answer. I would lean towards the Delta. Hard time to see LSI. You do not come off as member of Ni/Se quadras.

Psychotic episodes. Very interesting to me because my head is a crazy place but I can handle it better than raw reality. Too much realism and I'm out.
    Like currently I think about mushroom growing on my leg and its implications from societal viewpoint after I saw a commercial about skin infection.

Could you share something about those episodes? I'm interested.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Seems to me that some sort of ST is the answer. I would lean towards the Delta. Hard time to see LSI. You do not come off as member of Ni/Se quadras.

Psychotic episodes. Very interesting to me because my head is a crazy place but I can handle it better than raw reality. Too much realism and I'm out.
    Like currently I think about mushroom growing on my leg and its implications from societal viewpoint after I saw a commercial about skin infection.

Could you share something about those episodes? I'm interested.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, my symptoms of psychosis and other psychotic symptoms are not something I like to talk about too often.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Seems to me that some sort of ST is the answer.
    What seems ST about any of this?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567