SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Mousse)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Mousse)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    I have NO idea. Appreciation of the emotions something arouses within one would be my current phrasing of love and beauty, but I think the standards of the two are heavily influenced by personal conditions and are in no way universal.
    What are your most important values?
    To both keep my world view alive and fluid and yet not be carried away by fallacious temptations. I appreciate logic and the ability to go against the grain - but above all I honor common sense - the balanced and moderate approach to a situation.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I never was religious, but I used to be a big New-Ager; now I see that I was very carried away by the belief and warped my sense of reality to fit IT. I am agnostic, as I can't shake the instinct that there is something larger that science hasn't yet picked up on, but I don't dwell on the possibilities as it gets me nowhere and hurts my real-life endeavors. I strongly admire Daoist philosophy as it just...clicks, and seems to fit with the universe.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    In a perfect world there would be no war.....but because s*** happens I'd like to be in a country that has a strong military. I don't really focus enough on "power" to have a philosophy on it, but to me independence is the most powerful thing.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I've had long conversations (that I have ENJOYED) that involved dissecting hidden motivations, whether it would be mine or the other person's. I love to psychoanalyze myself and everyone, though I'm well aware that I usually go overboard and dismiss the actual emotion (it doesn't fit in my little equations!) I wish I understood people better naturally. I'm interested in providing stability for myself and building financial savings so I don't have to worry about every little thing. I also am interested in frugal lifestyles, certain philosophies, statistics, quiet outdoor moments, and logical analysis to fine-tune my world view. These are my interests because with money comes independence and options, with correct thought comes greater clarity, and with nature comes tranquility and remembering myself.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Oh yes, I LOVE studying superfoods and dietary possibilities. I also like to explore odd ethnic "nomad" foods, as I have an obsession with a few central asian cultures. I love discussing new ways to improve nutritional intake, and especially appreciate when these methods are rather novel and weird.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I like keeping my house in shape. When I was younger I lived with messy unorganized parents, and I would rage over how careless and juvenile they were in the housekeeping regards, so I was messy as I saw no point in being organized in that environment. Now that I'm boss, I'm OCD over everything and love the sense of satisfaction.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I generally focus on non-fiction, but when I stumble upon something that interests me, it usually involves a single character, the outdoors, gruff trekking, and access to the character's stream of thought.

I generally avoid movies and fiction as it seems pointless and dull to me.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I don't like talking about either of these, as I feel unable to express how meaningful these experiences were, and the thing I fear most is for my emotions to be misunderstood, because I am unable to stand up for them in explaining their intensity (if that makes any sense)
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I only ever feel belonging in silence, whether that is in the woods, by the ocean, cuddling with someone. Usually I feel at one when I am alone, though I have had a few past relationships where I felt....safe? right?

I'm very nonverbal, so chances are if I'm talking I'm not being myself and not feeling connected.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My weaknesses are social. I am seen as dry and intimidatingly smart only because I don't aim to express myself and have a generally stoic face. I hate that my quiet nature is isolating. I don't dislike much about myself, but I do hate the effects of some of my traits. What I don't like I modestly try and work on.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    My strengths are my solidity (level-headedness). People are calmed when working on a project with me because they expect all will be fine, as loose ends are never a problem. I like that I push myself to improve and that I dig (even when it is painful) into my depths in order to be the most honest with myself as possible.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I would like help with liveliness. I am able to create a safe, stable, well-planned environment, but I end up stagnating in rationale. I am very uncomfortable in expressing myself, and I end up appearing stand-offish to people I would like to make a positive impression on. I also really lack authentic warmth (I can fake it for a bit, but then it becomes draining and I snap)
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Sort of. Socially I don't know how to break out of established relations, like once a stranger across the room always a stranger across the room. Outside of that I do alright.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like outgoing and warm and weird people who aren't afraid to be themselves. I dislike people blinded by social and idealogical convention, and who are really...prickly and take things personally (SJWs)

I get along with open-minded, realistic people that aren't devoted to maintaining any belief
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I love intimacy - cuddling, massages, just being close is the best thing in the world. I am highly guarded though, and only let someone in when they have earned my trust and devotion. I'm a bit asexual/graysexual though....

I like people who are domestic like me, but are more...lively and passionate. I am a sucker for passion. If said person though blew-off my all my advice in regards to their flights of fancy, they would get old pretty quick. I'm only interested in dreamers who mean it.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Manners, logic, open-mindedness, 'nuff said. I think after raising a child with a strong fundamentals I'd be a pretty lenient parent.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I can't help but lose a bit of respect. Of course I reopen my beliefs for analysis, but odds my side is more researched (arrogant, yes)

Outwardly I like to talk it out and compare our reasonings, subtly at first, and then if interested I turn it into a debate.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I don't really see/get society. People talk about systems, and I see it, yes, but I don't see the use in having such an abstract lense. I'm a libertarian, I say work hard for what you have. My beliefs allow for social darwinism and individual effort, so I'm often seen as heartless in that respect, especially since I think some people are just not cut out for real life. I avoid social problems and use the term SJW a LOT. I also admire Ayn Rand's Objectivity, even if she was a bit koo koo.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't choose 'em, they come to me. I don't actually know how I seem to them....I am very insecure about this lack of understanding....
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Reserved, overly-formal, focused on being fair and polite. Never make the first move socially.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been bouncing back and forth between LII and SLI, though I think SLI is more likely. Thoughts?

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI. You're more Delta than Alpha.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

typing without video is much uselees
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI. permeates practically every answer, your T is mostly rather than , vulnerable is quite clear in the cry/smile question, and several answers show a need for rather than a confidence in it.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like all the people I get into arguments with on reddit. Ayn rand is a bitch. Ummm type wise ISTx