34 & up
    30 - 33
    0 - 29
    Autism likely
    Possible autism
    No autism

My score: 14

Creepy-bg

26 ( i wanna try it when i'm not tired, i think i may have skewed it because of that + kinda wanting to see myself as aspie/autistic at the moment )

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you people getting these scores? Lol. I've gone around specifically looking for people who seem on the ASD scale and they still score normal lol

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

A lot of the questions that lower your score are questions pertaining to social skills and EQ, which people with autism tend to have difficulties with.

And... I personally don't.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

123,123,123 * 456,456 = ?
    456,456,456 * 123,123 = ?

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I'm surprised I didn't score higher. Sometimes I actually wonder if I'm on the spectrum.
    Something I read said that people learn to cope with it and develop habits to minimize it's appearance by the time they're in adulthood, especially women, who have a societal expectation of being more empathetic. One test had you answer "true of me now," "true of me as a child," and "never true of me," due to such.

One person I know, I never realized had so many of the traits, until their child reached adolescence and displayed almost all of them, and I began noticing how extremely similar they are, but with the parent being "more of an adult."

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelict View Post
    It always unsettled me how the only stances I've seen on the disorder are "detail-oriented technician people/it's always a benefit" and "rot in hell, social retardation is the impardonable sin." No middle ground ever. And while the former stance is pretty clearly based on myth, I'd like to know how this myth originated -- what was the point of spreading it? To preserve the egos of society's most economically useless demographic?

As a sidenote, problems with "empathy" are less a matter of coldness, more a matter of being too stupid to consider anyone else's motivations, at least from what I've experienced.

I'm pretty clearly ranting into the clouds but this subject is still keeping itself alive in this subforum somehow, so what the hell.
    Well, at least it's a real subject of value

So, you consider it to be lack of understanding of relationships affecting them in the future? The person I know tends to do stuff regarding people on such a direct and immediate level that they lose sight of the fact that they are royally screwing themselves in the very near future. Also seems to lack awareness of the fact that their desires are more dependent upon others worldviews than their own. Been in a custody battle for 8 years that could have been easily solved by minor life changes, yet will sit and argue about how their own worldview of situations is right and means nothing negative, but fails to realize that most of society is in disagreement and judge doesn't care about their worldview and stances. Seems extremely easily emotionally manipulated (as in Fe'ing in their face makes them do whatever, and if it doesn't, just Fe more) and prone to be in abusive situations due to lack of awareness of the situation compared to society. Any thoughts?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkl View Post
    I disagree.

I knew an autistic person who was a nice person and well meaning. He failed at recognizing emotional cues in others and a general lack of awareness of social intricacies and ability to relax, plus a huge amount of internal tension which he was always trying to contain in order not to blow. He would attempt to emulate me in how I conducted myself socially. He was a good person, and he was easy to want to support because of this. He would work an extra approximately 4 hours a day to get things 'right' to the point of autism, which he had and received social skills training for, because he has a good dad who did everything he could to support him.

What you are describing sounds like something else.
    I didn't say the person wasn't good and well-meaning, rather that they seem oblivious unless they're directly told "this is bad," "people don't like this," "this other person's feelings are X."

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Well, at least it's a real subject of value

So, you consider it to be lack of understanding of relationships affecting them in the future? The person I know tends to do stuff regarding people on such a direct and immediate level that they lose sight of the fact that they are royally screwing themselves in the very near future.
    The latter causing the former. That's at least how it's been in my case -- a constricted, stimulus-response view of reality where nuances and politics don't exist. I strain to think why I'm always typed as an -base. Unless ILE's just forum codeword for autist.

The root of my trouble seems to be a failure of parallel processing: if I'm fully in the zone and aware of my surroundings, all my restraint and decency disappear; when I'm behaving myself, I might miss something happening right in front of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419
    Also seems to lack awareness of the fact that their desires are more dependent upon others worldviews than their own. Been in a custody battle for 8 years that could have been easily solved by minor life changes, yet will sit and argue about how their own worldview of situations is right and means nothing negative, but fails to realize that most of society is in disagreement and judge doesn't care about their worldview and stances. Seems extremely easily emotionally manipulated (as in Fe'ing in their face makes them do whatever, and if it doesn't, just Fe more) and prone to be in abusive situations due to lack of awareness of the situation compared to society. Any thoughts?
    I only became concerned with "changing" when I got so much similar treatment that it forced me out of my mental "track" of delusions. I don't know if you can make him care without seeing very tangible consequences right in front of him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelict View Post
    The latter causing the former. That's at least how it's been in my case -- a constricted, stimulus-response view of reality where nuances and politics don't exist. I strain to think why I'm always typed as an -base. Unless ILE's just forum codeword for autist.

The root of my trouble seems to be a failure of parallel processing: if I'm fully in the zone and aware of my surroundings, all my restraint and decency disappear; when I'm behaving myself, I might miss something happening right in front of me.

I only became concerned with "changing" when I got so much similar treatment that it forced me out of my mental "track" of delusions. I don't know if you can make him care without seeing very tangible consequences right in front of him.
    Does what I describe seem congruent with the disability, though?

Yeah, I dunno why Ne base , either. In Socionics terms, I basically described idiosyncratic (1D) Fi and Ni. Although, it seems like a lot of people are so negatively affected, that they can't even recognize that such is the case.

I don't feel the need to "fix it," if that is who they are. I'd just be concerned with adequately being a liaison between my understanding of them and the outer world at large. Seems more like someone I should protect and watch out for, so other's don't molest/pervert (not sexually) them into something they weren't meant to be.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've felt like I exhibit autistic-like social traits but am not autistic at the root.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I scored 29.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Huzzah! I got a score of 30, which makes me, apparently, an Aspie. Kinda fits in the end, as an ILI would essentially qualify by definition. The lead function would be served by the creative. An inhuman focus on a future goal that may or may not be totally realistic yet they loudly and proudly don't give a single fuck about that. You never know until you try after all, so why the hell not go all in and try for the happiest ending .

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)