Thread: Relax.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default .

Last edited by kimuchuu; 10-17-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nature, sitting alone in church. Basically only things that take the edge off.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Be alone, simply.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

being alone and thinking feels relaxing but i don't know if it is relaxing. i think my muscles are like always tense and i don't notice. relaxation isn't important to me - but i am way too stressed out all the time, but that's usually because i have a bunch of stuff that really needs to be accomplished and i feel like i can never do it. inertia sucks.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long showers as well
    music - witchhouse, chillstep, trapwave, dark wave, drum and bass, good piano music, dark ambient
    researching/doing my hobbies
    hanging out with people that don't have social expectations of me
    sometimes tv shows/movies and/or video games
    and SLEEP because it's hard to get enough in the military
    good bye

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hiking, weightlifting, yoga, video games, reading, movies/tv, listening to music, driving, whisky, sex, smoking a blunt.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that full relaxation is what i accustomed to do.
    But not the energy in body.
    Sometimes think, do something, sometimes have a rest.
    More relaxation maybe only when sleeping.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

guided meditation cds... being alone also helps a lot, but I am rarely truly alone by myself because I always sense the presence of other people and I live in an area where the houses are close together and esp if I'm in the house alone with somebody, even if they aren't talking- it doesn't feel like being truly free. (I think I would be orgasmically happy in the woods all by myself lol)

On the flipside though, other people are like this burden that is good for you I think. Darkness is freeing, but the light binds us together. I mean, a lot of sociopaths feel incredibly calm and relaxed when eating your innards so I think there's a point where wanting too much relaxation becomes narcissistic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Skyrim, bubble baths, creepy youtube videos.
    Didn't like Fallout 4? Most people I know that did Skyrim a lot moved on to that.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are different types of relaxation for me. Like there's peace, where I feel internally stable; I'm not tense about whatever is happening. Then there's "being in the zone" where everything is flowing freely and effectively, particularly mentally; there's perhaps an effort or energy expenditure (for example maybe I'm working out) but also an ease and smoothness of action and my brain and body are in sync (having this happen PLUS being aware of it is an achievement that takes focus). There's relational/social comfort where I have complete assurance and rest in being myself with no expectations to perform. Then there's physical relaxation where my body is in a good state, particularly the muscles. And so on.

Probably what you're asking about is some amalgamation of the above.

I often feel most relaxed when I've had a lot of time available to me to do whatever I want, and then during that time I do pleasant and nourishing things. One of my favorite things is to have a "nothing Saturday" wherein I sleep until I want to get up, do something physical like workout, meditate (I've found endorphins with meditation are a pleasant combination), take a long shower/bath, nibble on various assortments of healthy food, create a cozy environment with candles / music / woodstove / blankets / etc., then read / paint / watch a show / surf the interwebs / play with my dog until I get tired and go to bed. There's a park right across from where I live and I like to spend my time near a big window that faces it. All of this ideally alone or with a non-demanding person. By the end of a "nothing Saturday" I feel quite relaxed and refreshed.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

being alone/ googling random stuff to see where social legitimacy resides/stems from and how other ppl experience reality (reddit is good for that. also quora etc)

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post
    being alone/ googling random stuff to see where social legitimacy resides/stems from and how other ppl experience reality (reddit is good for that. also quora etc)
    This is what i do.
    Last edited by Contra; 02-04-2016 at 04:17 AM.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I have Si dual seeking and I experience that as stretching myself way too thin with demanding activities. What I really need is peaceful and relaxing time to charge up, but by myself I tend to choose very energy consuming activities.

What I do to relax: Play video games, read books, learn new things, watch TV series, hang out with friends, use intoxicants...

What I would really need to do to actually relax: Cook, take a walk outside, exercise, meditate, go for a swim, listen to music, just sit and do nothing for once

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like listening to music, playing video games or just watching some random stuff.

If I'm angry and I want to calm down/relax, I'll probably just stuff my head into a pillow and try to sleep.