Thread: Help a lifelong Democrat become more Aristocratic

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaphoriac View Post
    Can one try to be more Aristocratic? I'm trying to become Aristocratic. For instance, instead of having the same "I'm trying to convert you without coming right out and saying it until the end" conversation with, for example, 100 door-to-door salespeople, most of which result in the same threats at the end of the conversation, I might as well just skip the conversation and assume the threats. Saves time, same conclusion. Write off the whole group for the purposes of this specific type of conversation. That would be Aristocratic, right? I find it very hard to do this, as a lifelong Democratic person (lol, not a political Democrat though).

Anyway... Can one of y'all Betas/Deltas help an Alpha become more Aristocratic?
    It's 110 degrees outside, you have guests coming visit the next day, and your air conditioner just broke. Do you call a plumber, an electrician, an A/C repairman, or do you try and fix it yourself?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd call the guests, obviously. To tell them my air conditioner broke and we are meeting at $awesome_local_restaurant instead. ETA: Then I'd call the restaurant and make reservations.
    They're staying the night for a week and going to important meetings during the day. They are from a distant state. All hotels are booked.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Why? I wouldn't let people stay in my house for a week if they're on business, and I don't invite people from distant areas.
    Too bad. Them's the options you're presented. Pick.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I choose homicide. I'd kill the guests. I can store them in the basement and feast off them for weeks.
    You just killed off all unwanted guests. Congratulations. You're now ready to deal with solicitors.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone has something actually constructive to say, please post. Is there a way to remove this Jeremy idiot from my thread?
    Constructive? You either exert force to maintain your rights to say "no thank you" when a solicitor shows up at your door, you hide, or you listen to long blabbering by solicitors only to be forced into the defensive at the end. Those are your only realistic options. The other one, which you are currently using, is to live in a fantasy world that refuses to accept the commonalities amongst solicitors.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judge people. It's actually really simple.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Put a sign outside your yard about how obama is the anti-christ and hang up a confederate flag.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm democratic, and just resolve it by being completely uninterested.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why do you want to become more aristocratic? Why do you think it would benefit you?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Constructive? You either exert force to maintain your rights to say "no thank you" when a solicitor shows up at your door, you hide, or you listen to long blabbering by solicitors only to be forced into the defensive at the end. Those are your only realistic options. The other one, which you are currently using, is to live in a fantasy world that refuses to accept the commonalities amongst solicitors.
    lol, my EII friend was very proud of herself this weekend bc when she answered the door to a high school kid selling desserts to raise money for a band trip, she told him no. Her usual MO is to either not go to the door or cave and buy whatever pverpriced hood they are selling. Se PoLR
    Last edited by SongOfSapphire; 02-01-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can one try to be more Aristocratic? I'm trying to become Aristocratic. For instance, instead of having the same "I'm trying to convert you without coming right out and saying it until the end" conversation with, for example, 100 door-to-door salespeople, most of which result in the same threats at the end of the conversation, I might as well just skip the conversation and assume the threats. Saves time, same conclusion. Write off the whole group for the purposes of this specific type of conversation. That would be Aristocratic, right? I find it very hard to do this, as a lifelong Democratic person (lol, not a political Democrat though).

Anyway... Can one of y'all Betas/Deltas help an Alpha become more Aristocratic?
    What do you do instead? Do you not assume they are there for that purpose based on clues in their speech and actions + your own past experience w such people?
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra