Thread: Do you wear a watch?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    Judgers like knowing the time better than perceivers though. I have no idea why we should fixate on some detail like the definition of Ni and use that to tell how much someome likes watches rather than the group of traits as a whole. Also, you don't come across as EII at all, based on people I've type as "definitely EII". I think you're some sort of Gamma, probably SEE.
    No. Ni polr worry about time because it's their polr and they watch time the actual watch or the clock but they don't like it when someone tries to make them more timely. NiTe types are like bossy bossy about people being places in time so they will interrupt their lunch or rush a person, reminding them that they have a 9 o'clock with a client or a dentist and will manage time and timely affairs for someone. LSE have hits and misses with time but mostly they show up early early or late. They don't really manage time well.

You just made a stereotype without knowing the facts. OMG you're crazy. Please stop typing
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    Well, you've never wanted to go anywhere without carrying some disgustingly overcomplicated and somewhat suspicious device with you, but still know what time it is? I mean, I have a fairly decent internal clock, and it's weird how it works, but when it comes to appointments and keeping a schedule it's still nice to have a watch.
    I always have my phone on me so the only point to me having a watch would be fashion basically

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would like to throw my phone in the water especially when I'm with someone I love and not look at it. I just want to listen to someone I care about talk about deep stuff.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

No.

I've tried wearing watches in the past, but it inevitably ends up with the watch being carried around in my pocket, and then the strap somehow breaks despite me not wearing it. I tend to time my actions quite precisely, and do not tend to need to refer to the time so much (especially if it is visible out in the open in many places).

With something like a watch or a ring, they feel rather like nooses around the neck or chains around the hands and legs: rather unnatural feeling. It is also likely that any watch would fall apart or be worn away. The appeal of wearing such a thing as a matter of routine seems unappealing to me.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I didn't think people actually still wore watches to tell the time. I wear them strictly as an accessory. I've never even wound this one up, lol ..but my god it's beautiful.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    If I could afford a rolex I would wear a watch. I didn't think people wore watches for the time anymore; they seem more like pieces of jewelry and status symbols
    It may be that only people my age (30s) and older wear them to tell the time, lol
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12