Thread: Normative Fe vs Normative Fi

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Normative Fe vs Normative Fi

Alright so I am trying to figure out which one of these I have as a normative (2D) function because I seem to be really shit with both. I know the stereotypical answer would be that role Fi tries to be polite/politically correct while Fe HA tries to respects the emotional atmosphere but it is a little more complicated then that in my case. I social situations I often overlook the importance Fi/Fe and end up accidentally offending someone, such as making inappropriate jokes. Nowadays I've learned to deal with this by simply staying quiet and out of the picture.

One instance where I might be showing normative ethics is when I play with these toxic assholes on dota 2. A lot of the others players there possess zero kindness about make these blatantly rude and hostile remarks that I would never in million years say myself. I played other games with communities considered bad such a call of duty and found it more amusing then anything else, but in dota players criticize you on on much more personal level and it really strikes my nerves sometimes. Is this Fi polr because of the painful reaction I have to these hostile venom spewing players, or Fi role because I don't do it myself? How would Fe HA be like in this scenario?

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The fact that the players saying this strikes a nerve seems Fi-polr to me, but I could be wrong. Usually, I notice in groups that Fi-polr people get extremely tense and sort of pissy when there's too much "personal" insulting humor. A good example of how this looks from the outside is roast of Donald Trump that Comedy Central did years ago. You can feel how hard it is for him to sit through it. I've seen ILEs and SLEs act exactly like that when getting ribbed excessively by non-Fi-polr types.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To decide about weak functions directly is rather hard. Better look at what valued functions witch are at your strongs. About weak is better to decide by IR - type people near and try to understand what types you like more and why.
    Last edited by Sol; 10-14-2015 at 09:43 AM.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    The fact that the players saying this strikes a nerve seems Fi-polr to me, but I could be wrong. Usually, I notice in groups that Fi-polr people get extremely tense and sort of pissy when there's too much "personal" insulting humor. A good example of how this looks from the outside is roast of Donald Trump that Comedy Central did years ago. You can feel how hard it is for him to sit through it. I've seen ILEs and SLEs act exactly like that when getting ribbed excessively by non-Fi-polr types.
    People who roast / prank / etc other people are almost assuredly NOT Fi valuers(rather Fe valuers I think). Fi being practically the manifestation of the Golden Rule prevents you from wanting to roast / prank / etc other people. Imo, I almost always see those types as ILEs or something like that.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    People who roast / prank / etc other people are almost assuredly NOT Fi valuers(rather Fe valuers I think). Fi being practically the manifestation of the Golden Rule prevents you from wanting to roast / prank / etc other people. Imo, I almost always see those types as ILEs or something like that.
    I wasn't saying that the ones doing the roasting were Fi-ego.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    I wasn't saying that the ones doing the roasting were Fi-ego.
    Neither did I say you were. I was just rambling. I hate roasting / pranks etc.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Alright so I am trying to figure out which one of these I have as a normative (2D) function because I seem to be really shit with both. I know the stereotypical answer would be that role Fi tries to be polite/politically correct while Fe HA tries to respects the emotional atmosphere but it is a little more complicated then that in my case. I social situations I often overlook the importance Fi/Fe and end up accidentally offending someone, such as making inappropriate jokes. Nowadays I've learned to deal with this by simply staying quiet and out of the picture.

One instance where I might be showing normative ethics is when I play with these toxic assholes on dota 2. A lot of the others players there possess zero kindness about make these blatantly rude and hostile remarks that I would never in million years say myself. I played other games with communities considered bad such a call of duty and found it more amusing then anything else, but in dota players criticize you on on much more personal level and it really strikes my nerves sometimes. Is this Fi polr because of the painful reaction I have to these hostile venom spewing players, or Fi role because I don't do it myself? How would Fe HA be like in this scenario?
    Dude. DoTA is like a SeTi heaven. Why even judge anything upon it-it's a horrible, horrible game(tho I'd like it if they made their bots actually fun in non cheating way{dat Viper / Sniper lol!}). Tbh MOBAs tire me great deal. After playing just an hour of them(nothing really), I feel like I've run for a few kloms lol! Meanwhile, there are games such as SWTOR, Diablo, TES etc that actually make me happy and make me WANT to play them!

I am known for snapping in games such as these. This could also be related to enneagram or to outside factors. I mean, don't you just love kill stealing CMs who then proceed to feed while blaming EVERYONE that they don't know how to play(l2p garbage). Sure you do. And I can't even imagine myself in their position so I can't really sympathise with them(neither do I want to tbh). There are just some people whom I refer to as...the dregs of society. Or as worms or as filthy mongrels. They are really not worth your time.

Sorry for Fi rant-I know how you feel and I am just showing my repulsion towards them. As for the topic:

Normative Fi is acting like a normal person should and not questioning it(Ti dom / Fi role).
    Normative Fe is ... idk. Sorry. But it is Te dom / Fe role, so go from there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Normative Fi is acting like a normal person should
    Role function tends to make image to be better than normal. Fi is not exception.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dude. DoTA is like a SeTi heaven. Why even judge anything upon it-it's a horrible, horrible game(tho I'd like it if they made their bots actually fun in non cheating way{dat Viper / Sniper lol!}). Tbh MOBAs tire me great deal. After playing just an hour of them(nothing really), I feel like I've run for a few kloms lol! Meanwhile, there are games such as SWTOR, Diablo, TES etc that actually make me happy and make me WANT to play them!

I am known for snapping in games such as these. This could also be related to enneagram or to outside factors. I mean, don't you just love kill stealing CMs who then proceed to feed while blaming EVERYONE that they don't know how to play(l2p garbage). Sure you do. And I can't even imagine myself in their position so I can't really sympathise with them(neither do I want to tbh). There are just some people whom I refer to as...the dregs of society. Or as worms or as filthy mongrels. They are really not worth your time.

Sorry for Fi rant-I know how you feel and I am just showing my repulsion towards them. As for the topic:

Normative Fi is acting like a normal person should and not questioning it(Ti dom / Fi role).
    Normative Fe is ... idk. Sorry. But it is Te dom / Fe role, so go from there.

Dota 2 was not only the first moba I've ever played but also one of the first ever games I started playing on PC with. Before then I had played entirely only on consoles. I had to go through the painful experience of being a complete noob and the community was sure to point out my flaws 24/7 in the most asshole of ways. I was pretty damn bad at first, most of which was due to my lack of comfort with keyboard and mouse as opposed to a controller and not knowing the fundamentals of mobas. Luckily I am much better now than I was then but holy crap that was an ugly start. Nowadays I only get criticized when I play heroes like pudge or invoker which I am admittedly pretty shit at. I simply don't have the desire to play those heroes long enough in order to git gud with them like alot of other players do. Instead I use a very aggressive right-click strategy with heroes like ursa, juggernaut or wraith king to overpower other players and maintain a net-worth advantage. This strategy has worked well enough to get me to the very high skill bracket in some game modes.

So anyway I think its the comments with Se mixed with Fi that gives me the most troubles. I hard to say which one hits me harder though, one without the other doesn't bother me too much.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Fi role, Se PoLR works. Your reaction to Fi issues sounds like the response an introvert with better handle on Fi than PoLR would give. Incl. your er, solution to avoiding issues in social situations.

I also feel like I suck at both Fi and Fe, btw, just like you, lol

So anyway I think its the comments with Se mixed with Fi that gives me the most troubles. I hard to say which one hits me harder though, one without the other doesn't bother me too much.
    Yeah lol I'm the same way with my superego, the two superego IEs together are the worst

Though there is one thing, Fi with Se is not bad at all, it doesn't bother me much, at least I easily handle it if it does, Fi and Ne being together does bother me the most, Ne with Ti is tolerable, though not always.

Think about how this would be for you with Fi and Se as your superego functions, compare in the same manner, let me know if you get to any result from that.