Thread: Insight would be great (80q)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Insight would be great (80q)

Not interested in doing a video at this point, thanks!

***Block I***

**General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?**
    General to specific is starting from the large, generalisation of an object/subject to breaking it down into components. It provides a thorough understanding of the general subject/object. Specific to general is finding the common denominator of certain objects/subjects, to build an idea into a concise statement.

**What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?**
    Logical means to make sense of things through certain rules/parameters that show how and why things *ought* to work. I think these parameters are universal rather than arbitrary, so it should be the common view.

**How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?**
    They are portions or sections to display the time or how much time has passed. I've always seen a clock face cut up into quarters.

**What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?**
    A rule is a boundary or an understanding of how something needs to be to maintain functionality/order. Rules should be followed for means of safety/prevention (laws), but if they infringe on someone's safety/wellbeing then yeah, break it. Some rules (laws of nature) cannot help but be followed, unless tampered with artificially.

**What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?**
    Hierarchy is a system based on importance, like a chain of command. Where one is in a higher position of power and those below them are less so. I see it as a method of regulation. I guess if you have a job, then you'd have to follow the hierarchy.

**What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?**
    I don't have an opinion on instructions. I treat them as a guide, I guess. I only refer to them when needing to because I do relatively fine without them. I think I could write an instruction manual about putting furniture together or on how to work a program of some sort.

**Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?**
    I suppose it's saying there is freedom in staying within set bounds, and stepping outside of it/not complying, would result in consequences that could likely restrict this freedom or a complete loss of it. If relating to Government, I agree on the premise that the laws have been agreed upon by vote. Otherwise it wouldn't be a democracy, rather a ruling under dictatorship.

**Tell us how about consistent you are?**
    I'm pretty consistent with eating and workout habits. The latter took some practice.

**What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?**
    A standard is a measurement of what is acceptable or expected. It's applied for the purpose of assuring adequate performance, quality or results.

**You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?**
    Hm I wouldn't feel dread or anything. It might even be satisfying. I'd categorise it by genre and then arrange them alphabetically (by author) within each genre section.

***Block II***

**What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?**
    Work is a/are task(s) (that are) done for the purpose of attaining results, in exchange for monetary/personal gain. People work to pay bills and to survive, usually. Some associate work with a goal or vision. Ability is a standard that can distinguish whether someone is capable of work. Further training can also introduce or strengthen someone's set of skills.

**Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?**
    Generally, yeah. The more of the product produced, the less attention to specifics resulting in lower quality to saturate high demands due to lower pricing. Higher quality products may sell slowly (driving up its price to compensate profit) but it will be better made.

**How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?**
    I think there's the consensus that higher price means a well made product. There are variables that may negate this but it's a rule that works ok. I measure quality on whether it delivers its purpose, durability, longevity, how often it'll be used and price range. I'm not a stickler for such things, but I can distinguish quality of purchase fine.

**How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?**
    If I haven't finished it, then it means it wasn't a priority. It happens every now and again. I have a few unfinished manuscripts and business plans. I lose interest and find something new and shiny to focus on. I'm a bit of a hobby whore ha.

**What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.**
    Interesting work to me is research relating to a plethora of subject areas. If I could make a living just researching things, I'd be pretty content. Writing is pretty cool, if I could just finish a manuscript that would be uh great.

**You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?**
    I weigh it by what it actually produces/delivers, what it's *suppose* to produce/deliver and the price range of the same product by other companies.

**When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?**
    I ask why and see if their reasoning is valid. If it is, then I take their tips onboard. Maybe alter it slightly and improve upon it. Otherwise I ignore their input and do it they way I think is best.

**There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?**
    Admire it, probably compete a little. If I couldn't out do them, I'd have to hand it to them. I don't really feel anything, just a thumbs up 'cool.'

**When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?**
    I only do it if it's necessary. I try and figure things out myself. Otherwise I don't care as long as whatever needs to be done is done correctly.

**You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?**
    Research the structure and procedures likely done. Id alter and modernise the means of how to build it while keeping to the structure, making sure the pyramid was as it was in Egypt. But I would try and sneak in some alterations that could better it. If I could get away with it. So maybe not an *exact* duplicate.

***Block III***

**What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion. What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?**
    Beauty is what an individual finds aesthetically appealing and therefore subjective, to an extent. There is a conventional agreement on what is considered beautiful, based on what I've observed in fashion, design etc. My opinion of beauty changes. I don't think my sense of beauty is very conventional, though.

**Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?**
    I don't pay attention to clothing really. But I think a beautifully dressed person is elegant and modest. Unique too. I'd describe beauty as something someone finds appealing and probably relate it to comfort and harmony.

**Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?**
    I guess so? Hm.

**What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?**
    My idea of comfort and coziness would likely be a warm atmosphere, whether amongst others or alone. With others - good food, laughter and conversation. Alone - good book/movie, food. I don't think I'm known for creating comfort and coziness. But I admit to attempting. It's a hit or miss, I'm guessing.

**How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?**
    I choose comfortability and cost as the most important factors. When I was in my teens, I didn't follow fashion in the slightest (dressed rather boyish). But as I've gotten older, I've become more compliant and open to fashion. So long as it's comfortable and modest. Lol no I don't know how to select clothes for others.

**How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?**
    I think I'm a good cook and most would agree. I use recipes as a guideline and mostly improvise. It works well.

**Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?**
    I think I'm average at this, but I enjoy attempting and trying my hand at it.

**If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?**
    I tend to take this advice openly because I don't think I'm very fashionable. If I think the person knows what they're talking about and has good taste, then yeah I'd agree.

**Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?**
    I'd follow a rustic or minimalist design. I'd like my input and trust someone else to do it because I can't be screwed. I'd rather delegate.

**How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?**
    If they're donning leopard print regularly, then likely we don't have the same taste. I seek consensus when it comes to aesthetic appeal, yes. I'm open to guidance.

**Block IV**

**Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use?**
    I do okay leading and delegating. I think I just push forth to get what needs to get done.

**Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?**
    I think can if I need to, I can.

**What is incursion? How do you deal with this?**Incursion is an attack. I get defensive if someone tries to invade my space.

**Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?**
    Yes. If I need to.

**What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?**
    I don't own people, so I never see people as 'mine.' I don't think I trust myself to make the 'my people' and 'strangers' judgement.

**Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?**
    Yeah there are strategies and I can use them. It's justified in times of life endangerment and defending your position wherever that may be.

**Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?**
    Yeah, in defence and for the safety of others.

**What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?**
    I guess there has to be a drive or a purpose for volitional force to occur. It's most effective when needing to meet a goal.

**How do you protect yourself and your interests?**
    Learn self defence tactics or buy a weapon. Keep personal details private such as credit cards, bank details etc. Have a savings account in place incase of emergencies.

**Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?**
    I don't really use force, I just stand my ground. Stubbornly. If confronted, I meet the confrontational person with the same intensity.

**Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?**
    I've been told I'm a strong person a number of times. I think people just see me as rather gutsy. I speak my mind without a filter usually. Thing is, it's unintentional. I don't realise I'm being blunt. I think I am clever enough to get myself out of predicaments, so I'm adaptable. I think that's a strength.

**How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person?**
    People who are enduring are strong, I think.

**What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?**
    Drive and will, are the core of force. I think people who are consistent are more apt to delegate, making people listen. Those who lack consistency are probably the least likely to be good leaders.

Block V

**What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?**
    Rudeness. I think it correlates with the general understanding. I have no idea how I would explain it to a 10 year old or an adult. Boorishness is sometimes justified yeah?

**How would you improve the moral of the society?**
    Uhh...

**Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?**
    Yeah, I think I can justify someone's bad behaviour if the sequence of events that lead to the choices make sense. Causality is a valid enough reason, I think.

**Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?**
    I've actually struggled to define love in the past but I think I've come to understand that love is a choice. It's not a feeling. Discipline related to boundaries for children are necessary for good parenting, so yeah you can 'punish' and love. But if punish in this context means abuse then, no.

**Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.**
    I don't know much about southern hospitality. I don't think either one is correct, really.

**What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?**
    Sympathy is feeling sorry for someone. I express it when I think it's expected. It's advised not to when the issue is trivial or when someone would be insulted by it.

**Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?**
    I think there are norms. I guess being polite and considerate are norms I try to stick to...because don't be an asshole? And reasons.

**How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?**
    If it's an endangerment to others, it's wrong. What's right, however? Well...that's contextual. It depends.

**What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?**
    *blank stare*

**Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?**
    I'd want to know why they had the negative attitude. I'd prefer for it to just be said point blank, because I won't pick up on nuances related to motive. I don't do the silent treatment. I usually don't have a negative attitude toward others but I try to remain civil regardless. If it's bothersome enough, I'll bring it up. Otherwise, I get over it. I move on from issues quickly, so I guess you could say I forgive easily. No use in dwelling on it.

Block VI

**"Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?**
    I have no idea what that means.

**Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.**
    Hm yeah I think it's acceptable. It's inappropriate to express emotion when it doesn't match the circumstance...

**Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?**
    I don't know?

**How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it? **
    I don't really express negative emotions. If I'm angry, I become dismissive. If there's a confrontation, I meet it with the same force. Otherwise my emotions add to the atmosphere and mirror it.

**Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?**
    I don't think there's such a thing as shallow emotions. Emotions are just that, emotions. I think the reason would provide more context as to whether those emotions make sense. Otherwise people feel what they feel, it's what they do that determines shallowness or otherwise.

**What are right or wrong emotions?
    Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?**
    I don't know about right or wrong emotions. I think I can change my emotional state depending on the context, to match those around me. I don't think I'm that effective changing others emotions as much as I try. Sometimes I succeed which is more toward the positive.

**What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen?**
    I guess it's sharing a moment of camaraderie, or venting to someone. It happens when you're comfortable with someone, or trust them.

**Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?**
    Yeah, and almost always positive.

**Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?**
    I don't know if I track my mood. I notice the mood of others more than my own.

**Block VII**

**Do you like surprises?**
    If they're good surprises. I'm tough to impress.

**How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?**
    People change yeah because there's growth in circumstance and life in general. I don't feel anything in particular. They're part of life. I don't think everyone can see the changes, no.

**Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?**
    Not always. Sometimes the result/consequence of choices are 'the best' because it's deserved. But life is unfair and sometimes your best decisions turn out for the worst and vice versa. I do think it's good to make the best of your circumstances.

What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    When I was younger horoscopes, fortune telling etc intrigued me. I took the stance as listener rather than engager. Now I think it's a bunch of bs.

**Can you forecast events? Is it even real?**
    I can predict the likelihood of circumstances..

**What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?**
    Time is a collection of moments/events. It's measured by hours and minutes. You 'feel' time measured because of those moments. If by kill, you mean stop it, then no. If by kill, you mean to occupy it until an anticipated event, then yes. You 'kill' it by staying busy.

**Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?**
    Haha no. I'm rather impatient.

**Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?**
    Nah, I do okay on my own in that regard.

Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    Yeah, I can be pretty late.

***Block VIII ***

**Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?**
    I think everyone focuses on some point in their life that provides meaning whether they realise it or not. Most people seek meaning like it's innate. Otherwise, why would there be anything outside of the basic need to survive at all? Why would there be music, science (which seeks to understand the world around us) etc etc. I don't think it's the same for everyone. It varies depending on talents, visions or goals.

**What should be done so people can be happy?**
    I think what makes people happy varies. But generally being kind and respectful to one another.

**In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?**
    I trust my own gut. I think I'm pretty nifty at figuring out the likelihood of situations and all the possible outcomes that could result from them.

**When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents?**
    I notice certain traits that may stick out, providing markers of what their potential is. I'd be a good talent scout I think. I know what they're about by the content of conversation their drawn to, how they react to certain stimuli etc. I don't think it takes long for me to pick up on someone's talents. Probably a few minutes. Sometimes I'm off, but mostly I'm on point.

**Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?**
    I had an old friend who lit up the room. Talented at making others feel at home, great cook, and conversationalist. I think an interesting person is someone who has unique traits or lifestyle that I'm not familiar with. I think I'm a fairly interesting person. I've lived a unique life (never lived in one place for too long), met some pretty cool people and have some out of the norm (atleast compared to my peers) interests. If someone called me boring I'd think they had no idea wtf they were talking about haha

**What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.**
    a) that I'm independent and smart b) that I'm uncaring toward others c) that I'm unloveable d) that I'm intimidating

**Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?**
    Yeah, I fantasise about travel. Conversations that I haven't had. I debate with others in my mind too. Heck even with myself.

**What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?**
    Adaptability to take whatever comes, drive to get what needs to be done done, wisdom/intelligence to discern what is a correct/incorrect choice and inspiration to light the fire under that booty.

**What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?**
    Laziness because very little would get done.

**What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?**
    To be a good person is successful to me. However, success is subjective and is all about individual perception. So no, a good person isn't always successful.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

LSI?

Strong logic for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    LSI?

Strong logic for sure.
    LSI is an interesting suggestions and something I haven't considered because I struggled somewhat with the Se block.. I will look into it. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I fall inline with Ti/Fe but someone on another forum suggested Te/Fi (ILI or SLI) which wasn't something I would have expected either.