I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Default voice tone

so randomly somehow i found some video about voice tones, and approval seeking and shit (real pua type focus)

and how people raise their voice at the end of a sentence if they want approval, and lower it if they don't, and keep mid if they're normal.

i've always kind of disliked questions, and uncertainy, and other approval-seeking type behaviour. and yet i find myself sometimes doing it a little now days.

but i also see how going down can make some people difficult.

so anyway - how much attention do other people pay to things like tone? (tone going up there)

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i'm also thinking this is probably why sometimes i use hand gestures as open signals rather than voice. (open hand tends to get peopple to talk more, hand down tends to make them talk less) although it doesn't make any difference with people who talk through others, and it's usually best to physically push them out of space.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I pay a lot of attention to tone of voice. It is the difference between me responding to a request or ignoring it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I pay a lot of attention to tone of voice. It is the difference between me responding to a request or ignoring it.
    i want to change tone that other people use, rather than myself.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    You already do.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tone can reveal someone's emotions, better than what they say sometimes can. It's easy to say one thing, but if they actually mean what they say, tone in addition to body language accomplishes that.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Se is great with tones of voice and body language. They can pick up on fairness or unspoken aspects of language well. This is why SEE are great actors and why they often need to face the person while talking to them in order to get perceptual information. @April And it is also why mimicking the tones that ESE and LSE do sound so right on. I'm not good at this. What comes through with me is the person's word. The meaning behind what they say. They can say it screaming or in a blunt way as my duals do but it won't affect me as much. SEE are sensitive with regards to that and shriek back. I just ignore it and focus on what's being said. For example, one might say "hurry up" like "HURRY up!!!" To me it's "alright, he wants me to get my ass moving" it's not "he's always screaming at me and whatever." It is also why I am so good with LSE and people who generally have a short temper @spritelite
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    If people respond to your tone with a unique tone, how is changing yours any different than changing theirs?

methinks that's what Aylen means by "you already do".
    good bye