Thread: What would Ne ego raised by Si ego be like?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What would Ne ego raised by Si ego be like?

As the title asks. Would being Ne and raised by an Si dominant make one more balanced earlier in life?
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yes

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes most definitely
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Hm, the question is – balanced in what way.

My ILE-Ti E7 brother has some kind of ADHD condition. Nothing too severe, but it used to be very noticeable when he was really young.
    Some doctors have suggested for him to take medication for that in the past. My ESE-Si mother refused to give him any. (I am glad she did.)

As he has been growing up, his condition seems to have been improving gradually. He is much calmer now in comparison to several years ago. No one is exactly sure, why.
    Perhaps it truly boils down to the fact he could grow up with two Si strong parents (ESE-Si, LSE-Si).

The only downside: He still does not know how to make himself a sandwich or eat anything else besides cereal when our ESE mother does not bring him proper food, or he is not eating out at some (fast food) restaurant.

But hey, the same problem might have been the case without Si parents.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess I mean Ne being tamed by Si in a sense.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Meaning, a more family oriented ENTp, if raised by an ISFp.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But not only that either. It's really fucking hard to describe. Like never having an interest in cooking ever, yet suddenly feeling an obligation to cook or tend to details that were never attended to before. To try and get out the head and more in tune with the moment. Like a constant awareness that you'll never live in the moment, while feeling like you must, like some sort of obligation that will never be fulfilled, yet are somehow optimistic that it will happen someday and eager to make it work.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJay View Post
    Meaning, a more family oriented ENTp, if raised by an ISFp.
    Well, I can give you an example of ENTp (ILE) raised by two Si people: an LSE mother (would that be ISTj?) and an SLI father (ISTp?) He feels that his Si is actually quite strong and reliable, so he's sure of his taste in clothes and design and he cooks most meals at home (being married to an EII who hates cooking). So yes, it's nice to have parents that protect your weaker areas.

Ne doesn't get tamed by an Si environment, it gets more pronounced. It's Ne when forced to do without Si that becomes more Si-like, having to provide its own Si needs. Same with all the functions. A person tends to become more their base type around complementary people. Likewise they become more their dual-seeking type around people who ignore it, specifically people who express your role function. So an Ne base becomes most Si-like around Se doms, Si becomes most Ne-like around Ni doms, Ni becomes most Se-like around Si doms, etc.

That being said there are certainly some behaviors that overlap when you put an Ne ego and an Si ego together, one will start to imitate the behaviors of the other. But these will usually manifest most strongly when the other is holding back, in a sense.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 10-05-2015 at 12:54 AM.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    Ne doesn't get tamed by an Si environment, it gets more pronounced. It's Ne when forced to do without Si that becomes more Si-like, having to provide its own Si needs. Same with all the functions. A person tends to become more their base type around complementary people. Likewise they become more their dual-seeking type around people who ignore it, specifically people who express your role function. So an Ne base becomes most Si-like around Se doms, Si becomes most Ne-like around Ni doms, Ni becomes most Se-like around Si doms, etc.

That being said there are certainly some behaviors that overlap when you put an Ne ego and an Si ego together, one will start to imitate the behaviors of the other. But these will usually manifest most strongly when the other is holding back, in a sense.
    So, an ExI becomes more Te next to an LxI? Or vice versa(LxI becoming more Fe next to an ExI). What does that mean?

ExI begins looking for application to < blah, blah, blah > of an LxI and LxI begins looking for...fun(?) when next to an ExI(LxI gets bored / oppressed lol?)? Is this is it?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post

I'm failing to see how person A becomes more like their dual just because person B, who is dominant for person's A role function, is ignoring person A's dominant function while person B interacts with person A.

I see what you're saying, that if Si is being provided, that Ne dom has no need to develop Si on their own, that they are free to utilize Ne to their full potential. While this may be the point of socionics, I find this inherently unhealthy and one-sided. Ne users should learn to do Si things for themselves so other people don't have to be their little bitch. This should be good for the Ne dom in the long run. This is what I mean by balance and taming. Maybe its the democratic nature of alpha.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm failing to see how person A becomes more like their dual just because person B, who is dominant for person's A role function, is ignoring person A's dominant function while person B interacts with person A.

I see what you're saying, that if Si is being provided, that Ne dom has no need to develop Si on their own, that they are free to utilize Ne to their full potential. While this may be the point of socionics, I find this inherently unhealthy and one-sided. Ne users should learn to do Si things for themselves so other people don't have to be their little bitch. This should be good for the Ne dom in the long run. This is what I mean by balance and taming. Maybe its the democratic nature of alpha.
    But this is the ultimate Palpatine fantasy! You get your own servant . Why would you bother around things that don't interest you ?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    But this is the ultimate Palpatine fantasy! You get your own servant . Why would you bother around things that don't interest you ?
    For a challenge! For fun!

So, an ExI becomes more Te next to an LxI? Or vice versa(LxI becoming more Fe next to an ExI). What does that mean?

ExI begins looking for application to < blah, blah, blah > of an LxI and LxI begins looking for...fun(?) when next to an ExI(LxI gets bored / oppressed lol?)? Is this is it?
    lol not exactly, what happens is that the loss of Te for an ESI manifests as a change in their ID block FiSe, particularly Fi. This is how they change Te. When this subconscious reaction fails, their superego block TiNe triggers autonomously, which also changes Te. So they don't go suddenly looking for application to <blah, blah, blah>, but in the absence of Te they automatically become more defensive through Fi/Ti. And that attracts Te indirectly.

Likewise LSI doesn't go looking for fun, but when "fun" (Fe) isn't happening, they are automatically "tightened" via Te, becoming more efficient with their time and energy, and when that fails, their attitude to other people (Fi) gets worse and worse, until it changes Fe.

Basically the dual-seeking function improves when other people ignore it, but indirectly, through the ignoring and role functions.

I agree it's one-sided, however this is energetically favorable, and in some ways inevitable. When others/situations provide your dual seeking function, you subconsciously attach to them via your 7th function. The role function can break these attachments, and through it you can provide dual-seeking for yourself, however because the role function displaces the base function (mutually exclusive) it is difficult to express it for long.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 10-06-2015 at 06:54 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

But not only that either. It's really fucking hard to describe. Like never having an interest in cooking ever, yet suddenly feeling an obligation to cook or tend to details that were never attended to before. To try and get out the head and more in tune with the moment. Like a constant awareness that you'll never live in the moment, while feeling like you must, like some sort of obligation that will never be fulfilled, yet are somehow optimistic that it will happen someday and eager to make it work.
    That sounds more like attempt at self-dualizing :shrug

I don't find it works like that or like @ConcreteButterfly says, either.

Though with ExI-Fi's that I know well, I can become more upbeat. I don't know if I am actually more expressive too but from my perspective it does look like attempts at Fe. So that part maybe fits but I don't see myself going through Te and Fi first :shrug

And this only happens with the Fi subtypes and only the ones I know well and my sample size is small.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    That sounds more like attempt at self-dualizing :shrug

Dualasterbation?