Thread: Dual Relationship Behavior, What's It Look Like?

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Dual Relationship Behavior, What's It Look Like?

Just out of idle curiosity, how does each dual pair work? They have to have commonalities and if someone more knowledgeable on this subject would enlighten me it'd be greatly appreciated. Y'know, for theory confirmation reasons. If I know what it looks like I might be able to type others more accurately. Things like what they say to each other, how they present gifts, how they flirt, what they like and/or are willing to overlook, etc.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This probably isn't really relevant, but if you can, try to read some short stories written by your semi-dual. There might be an odd similarity in how they describe things, the way they describe the emotions of characters, etc. I had an experience like this.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Universally with duality, there is a lingering perception that your dual is someone that understands your motivations and goals (or lack thereof) even though you have few outward similarities.

You may initially overlook your dual as not a relate-able person, even if you've been studying Socionics for 2+ years like I have. Then you start actually talking, and hours may pass and you don't even know what happened, except that your dual "gets" you and a strong friendship/relationship has begun.

Balance is a marked result of duality. Your weaknesses are defended unconsciously both ways, while your strengths often will help your duals rectify their priorities, both ways again.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Assuming that the guy I am currently dating is SLE:

Initially I felt like he was too outgoing and popular to be interested in a girl like me. I feel very plain Jane in comparison.. The dynamic we have with one another involves a lot of playful bullying and teasing.

He's a really bratty trouble maker, looks like your typical "bad boy" but still has his dorky side to him. Me on the other hand, I am more withdrawn, "dorky?", vulnerable, and passive aggressive.

We joke that he is Bart Simpson and that I am Milhouse, lol. (Another SLE and IEI pair?)

Anyways, we are polar opposites. It sometimes feels a bit scary being with someone so different.. But somehow it just *works*.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    how does each dual pair work?
    as friends. duality is easiest for friendship

what they like
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... was that theme

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My dual tells me about stuff that needs to get done and I write it down on a calendar and remind them. They tell me to go out with friends today and I do it. I tease them from a cross the room and we make love. I listen to all the planning as they talk.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    This probably isn't really relevant, but if you can, try to read some short stories written by your semi-dual. There might be an odd similarity in how they describe things, the way they describe the emotions of characters, etc. I had an experience like this.
    I have definitely noticed this odd similarity with my semi-duals!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE ignore uncomfortable things and situations as it stresses them out and yet they make terrible comments and will say mean things. I try to either focus on other things or reassure our love and not emphasize them. You can't let it in personally they don't think before they speak as in they don't think about the other person's feelings or how each word will be received. For this reason they tend to be difficult and rude short and blunt. Unthoughtful. Best thing to do is determine the value of the relationship. How is this LSE to you. An acquaintance? A friend? Strive to educate them. "It's not nice to say that. It hurts people's feelings."
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LSE ignore uncomfortable things and situations
    ESTJ fix uncomfortable things if they can and it's resonable - similarly as any people do. First of all they do this in strong valued functions regions. More to say, exatraverts don't like to ignore but prefer to act.

they don't think about the other person's feelings
    Partly. T types think less about emotions and give less value to them, so between use in T region and feelings - 1st is chosen mostly.

For this reason they tend to be difficult and rude
    Any type is rather difficult in close relation for not a dual - as there are regions of permanent conflict. In good IR types' traits are perceived indulgently and people are easy to be managed. Friendship, when both feel good - good IR give possibility for this. While with bad IR is permanent whine about difficulties, bad emotions, behavior etc, worse IR - more attention to bad.

Best thing to do is determine the value of the relationship.
    Best thing is to find a real dual and only then write about experience of relations with them. Not only your type is wrong, but your IR with that dude are doubtful to be duality as you are accented on to much negative.

Strive to educate them. "It's not nice to say that. It hurts people's feelings."
    T types know what they do. In so direct didactical way you'll change nothing. If you can't accept basic things in other "as is", can't influence on him not so roughly, want remake the other, - you have bad relations (probably bad IR too) and don't love the other. When you love - you don't want to change the other, you want to be with other as he is.
    Recommendations you give are not typical for INFJ also, you act too openly for them in Fi region. ENFJ is the most close to style of your recommendations.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    ESTJ fix uncomfortable things if they can and it's resonable - similarly as any people do. First of all they do this in strong valued functions regions. More to say, exatraverts don't like to ignore but prefer to act.

Partly. T types think less about emotions and give less value to them, so between use in T region and feelings - 1st is chosen mostly.

Any type is rather difficult in close relation for not a dual - as there are regions of permanent conflict. In good IR types' traits are perceived indulgently and people are easy to be managed. Friendship, when both feel good - good IR give possibility for this. While with bad IR is permanent whine about difficulties, bad emotions, behavior etc, worse IR - more attention to bad.

Best thing is to find a real dual and only then write about experience of relations with them. Not only your type is wrong, but your IR with that dude are doubtful to be duality as you are accented on to much negative.

T types know what they do. In so direct didactical way you'll change nothing. If you can't accept basic things in other "as is", can't influence on him not so roughly, want remake the other, - you have bad relations (probably bad IR too) and don't love the other. When you love - you don't want to change the other, you want to be with other as he is.
    Recommendations you give are not typical for INFJ also, you act too openly for them in Fi region. ENFJ is the most close to style of your recommendations.
    You're making me feel really bad. Is that ENFj?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

sometimes a coping mechanism is to ignore. That could be individual or cultural. Overall I do feel that most LSE like a positive environment. Which was the reason why I said that. How about the things that stress them out like dealing with people's feelings. They try to cheer them up as a way of fixing them.

they don't think and give value to personal emotions of others...correct?

that's reasonable

possibly. I find support can come from other relationship not just duals. Duals are good for creating a warm environment and support too.

I don't feel that I am ENFj. I don't like non Si environment. That stressful and I really don't have a lot of energy.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericanboy View Post
    You are not ENFj, why you continue to explain yourself not only shows lack of valuing Se, but lack of common sense...

Sol is autistic.
    😳
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It looks like understated understanding.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericanboy View Post
    You are not ENFj, why you continue to explain yourself not only shows lack of valuing Se, but lack of common sense...

Sol is autistic.
    Patience for sometimes impatience you could say. Or perseverance
    -

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lots of good links on each dual pair are listed here: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...y_observations

and this is a machine translation that talks about each dyad in terms of different "forms of love" that correspond to valued IEs: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Pairs-by-Meged

Si = Eros
    Ne = Philia
    Fe = Mania
    Ti = Analita
    Se = Victoria
    Ni = Agape
    Te = Pragma
    Fi = Storge

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP, its like when you're really comfortable with someone. If you're mutually attracted you just come together and operate as a whole machine easily. Given that you've had time to get to know one another.
    edited: sometimes it doesn't take time. you just get the other one. you realize very soon that very rarely do you have to explain yourself deeply before they get it. take the most extreme personalities you know and assume all undualized people are that lopsided. now imagine that having a dual friendship cools down the personality to like an average basic normal human. Thats what duals do to each other. Sometimes they switch roles too which is cool.
    the prerequisite though is that there is mutual attraction. they both have to like each other.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I misread the OP oops