Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Default ¡¿What even?!

At the moment, I am trying to sort out my Enneagram core type. I am pretty sure that I have 3 8 and 7 in my Tritype (though, not necessarily in that order).

How do I know what my dominant type is, then middle and least? Does it go by Head Gut Heart or can it be any order? What does each type act like healthy, and under stress?

Can someone lead me to resources or help me out here? I am interested to know my trittype order.
    I do not suffer fools gladly.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit, id say a fairly decent metric is to use the same thing that is done with the instincts.

1rst is the goal
    2nd is the main means to pursue that goal.
    3rd will get dropped via a more favorable method in #2.

For me, Fostering trust in my inner circle to avoid terrible people (6) is done by being helpful and doing "good things" for those around me(2). Ill also attempt to keep people happy by maintaining peace so people arent upset all the time(9). But ill drop the peace and calm to do whats right. But even then, whats right takes a backseat to whats beneficial in the long run for those inmy inner circle.

Priorities.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Can someone lead me to resources or help me out here? I am interested to know my trittype order.
    Download and carefully read through this - http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...laudio-Naranjo. It's dense so take your time to study and introspect. If you're sure that you have 3,7,8 in your tritype then read according chapters and decide which one describes you least/most.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    What does each type act like healthy, and under stress?
    http://www.fitzel.ca/enneagram/levels.html
    ^ watching out for levels 5,6 in behavior (and posts) is a great way to narrow people's types down

TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Shit, id say a fairly decent metric is to use the same thing that is done with the instincts.

1rst is the goal

For me, Fostering trust in my inner circle to avoid terrible people (6) is done by being helpful and doing "good things" for those around me(2). Ill also attempt to keep people happy by maintaining peace so people arent upset all the time(9). But ill drop the peace and calm to do whats right. But even then, whats right takes a backseat to whats beneficial in the long run for those in my inner circle.

Priorities.
    Really? I've never tried to measure it that way before, but I guess it makes sense:

-The Goal
    -Reasoning
    -The Method?

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Download and carefully read through this - http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...laudio-Naranjo. It's dense so take your time to study and introspect. If you're sure that you have 3,7,8 in your tritype then read according chapters and decide which one describes you least/most.

^ watching out for levels 5,6 in behavior (and posts) is a great way to narrow people's types down
    Thanks very much. I will read through both those resources. I've wanted to read Naranjo's book for a long time, but have never got the chance to read it. And the health levels.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post

I always felt I had a 9 in my tritype but I cannot relate to any of the 9 levels of health, in that link, except for level 1. I can relate, in some ways, to every level of 4 and 5 (and some of the 8) though. Someone recently suggested I might actually be a 458 so I might give that some consideration. I would hate to lose the 9 since both my sisters have 9 in tritype and one is a core 9 who is all about maintaining her inner peace and sense of harmony. I wonder if I took on 9 traits because of them. This is messing with my head at the moment.

Edit: It also brings back memories of being in a group, a few years ago, where a lot of people thought I was a 9 core (and I tried to be that) except for the other 9s. I just realized I am kind of attached to my 9. This isn't happening...
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-20-2015 at 09:15 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am pretty much 5 incarnate. Everything it said about emotional restraint, love of solitude, ectomorph body composition, intellectualism, sociophobia is spot on. 9 comes second with my easy-going attitude and not rocking the boat (I sometimes override this when I integrate to 8 however ). 4 is the least immediately apparent in my outward behavior but still manifest in how who I see myself as different then most people and feeling above the crowd.

Being triple withdrawn is so awesome.
    Last edited by Muddy; 08-20-2015 at 06:41 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

After reading all this, about health levels, I honestly can't work out if my core is an 8 with a strong 7 wing, or a 7 with a strong 8 wing. Ugh...

I guess I am going to have to study Naranjo's book, and hopefully it will give me more clarity and help me decide better. That's what it's there for, after all.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post

1rst is the goal

For me, Fostering trust in my inner circle to avoid terrible people (6) is done by being helpful and doing "good things" for those around me(2). Ill also attempt to keep people happy by maintaining peace so people arent upset all the time(9). But ill drop the peace and calm to do whats right. But even then, whats right takes a backseat to whats beneficial in the long run for those inmy inner circle.

Priorities.
    I never thought to look at this way before but it makes sense.

My ordering would be 5-9-3 in that case.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I always felt I had a 9 in my tritype but I cannot relate to any of the 9 levels of health, in that link, except for level 1. I can relate, in some ways, to every level of 4 and 5 (and some of the 8) though. Someone recently suggested I might actually be a 458 so I might give that some consideration. I would hate to lose the 9 since both my sisters have 9 in tritype and one is a core 9 who is all about maintaining her inner peace and sense of harmony. I wonder if I took on 9 traits because of them. This is messing with my head at the moment.

Edit: It also brings back memories of being in a group, a few years ago, where a lot of people thought I was a 9 core (and I tried to be that) except for the other 9s. I just realized I am kind of attached to my 9. This isn't happening...
    you still have that 9 i think - a kind of synthetic meditating presence to your posts instead of anger-reactive or superego-compliant 8 & 1 centres