Thread: ESFP-SEE's Romantic/Erotic Behaviour

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The above comments are very interesting. An ESI I know has parents I met briefly, who are SEE-father and IEI mother. The SEE writes music commercially from home and performs in local bands - he looks younger than he is, and the IEI-mother is a professional counsellor. They are, of course, semi-duals,
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...lity-Relations
    and seem to get along great with only one exception, which the SEE told me about. He said that he is alone all day long writing music, and when the IEI comes home from work, he wants to talk, but she just puts her hand in front of her and says Stop, because she has been talking to people all day long and wants to rest.

This, of course, is not unique to SEE and IEI, but it does illustrate that these two types can get along very, very well.

She is introverted with strong Fe and Ni. He is just a party animal. I partied pretty hard when I was in my twenties, but I think this guy could beat me hands down if we ever went out together. I don't know if that's exactly what an IEI needs. I tend to think IEI's are better off with SLE's, if they can find one who is mature and financially stable. In his studio, the SEE was super-accomplished but seemed kind of lost. I don't know if an ILI would let things go there.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    He is just a party animal. I partied pretty hard when I was in my twenties, but I think this guy could beat me hands down if we ever went out together. I don't know if that's exactly what an IEI needs. I tend to think IEI's are better off with SLE's, if they can find one who is mature and financially stable.
    There are a lot of SLE guys who party hard, especially when immature & unhealthy... Is that what you mean? That most SLE guys are just party animals when immature, but SEE will always be party animals?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    There are a lot of SLE guys who party hard, especially when immature & unhealthy... Is that what you mean? That most SLE guys are just party animals when immature, but SEE will always be party animals?
    No, that's not what I meant. But before I say what I meant, please understand that my sample size is microscopic, and so it is probably not generalizable. I have identified exactly one SEE male irl, and perhaps four or five SLE males, although I've known a couple of the SLE's for years. Here is what I think the SLE's seem to have in common.

They don't plan ahead. They have tremendous faith (or ignorance) in their abilities to get by, moment by moment. This means that they don't always end up with decent, stable jobs, because their planning horizon is so short.
    They are funny and fun to be around, at least for me. Quite a few of my friends do not like them for various reasons, but I do.
    They accept the world as it is, and don't complain (too much) when bad things happen to them. I respect that.
    They are much smarter than they at first seem. They just don't make a point of showing it.
    They seem to have a lack of curiosity about the world's possibilities, and just take things as they come. This gives them a "heavy" feeling, and could be interpreted as a kind of brutality, or a lack of understanding of what other people feel.
    A couple of them want to manipulate other people as if they were chess pieces, but do so in a crude way. (One SLE I know has a Phd in Physics, an MBA in business, makes over $100k and still likes to force secretaries to work late to exert his power, and openly laughs about it. This means his tenure at his jobs has been fairly short, but his resume looks so good that it hasn't hurt him in getting new ones yet.)
    As for heavy partying, the SLE's I know don't generally seem to go for extremes. If they party hard, it is not because they are driven to be the life of the party, but rather because they want to mentally escape their rotten jobs.
    I think the ones that would or do have kids if they could get or stay married would make fairly good fathers.

The SEE, though, is a good, reasonably stable father, has a good, self-directed artistic job, is clearly intelligent and self-aware, is extremely good looking and looks like he could drink me under the table while collecting all the babes in the room while dancing without breaking a sweat. That's my impression, at least, and I've done my share of partying. He would do all that naturally, because he is just all over other people, but without the insensitive pushiness of the SLE's. On the other hand, he doesn't give me the impression of a guy who cares too much about hard thinking, but that opinion is coming from a Te-dom.

This particular SEE has a good job and is handsome, talented, and an aggressor, and the job part was enough (with the other stuff in common with an SLE) for the IEI to accept semi-dual relations, instead of seeking dual relations with an SLE who probably would not have had as good a job.

What I meant was, the drinking and partying part is not the most relevant part for an IEI. Instead, the SLE's have a high tolerance for emotional highs and lows, which IEI's seem to crave. I don't think the SEE wants or needs that, since his dual, the ILI, is about as steady as they get. So SLE's would be more what an IEI is looking for. Unfortunately, the SLE's tend not to have good jobs, and IEI's crave financial security.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-03-2015 at 01:34 AM.