View Poll Results: What type is Angelina Jolie?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • (ILE) ENTp

1 4.55%
  • (SEI) ISFp

3 13.64%
  • (ESE) ESFj

0 0%
  • (LII) INTj

0 0%
  • (SLE) ESTp

4 18.18%
  • (IEI) INFp

0 0%
  • (EIE) ENFj

3 13.64%
  • (LSI) ISTj

1 4.55%
  • (SEE) ESFp

0 0%
  • (ILI) INTp

1 4.55%
  • (LIE) ENTj

0 0%
  • (ESI) ISFj

4 18.18%
  • (IEE) ENFp

0 0%
  • (SLI) ISTp

3 13.64%
  • (LSE) ESTj

0 0%
  • (EII) INFj

2 9.09%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Angelina Jolie

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Deltas are boring therefore anyone that is boring is delta. Brillant.

(Idk her type).
    works for me.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Can I have some crack?
    I don't think that's legal, persephone.
    Last edited by Contra; 12-31-2015 at 01:14 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Tattoos have nothing to do with type. My EII sister has tons of tattoos, and me the Beta, has none.
    There's not a causal relationship, of course, but I think tattoos can be used as an unreliable indicator of Se-valuing over Si-valuing. My Si-base wife very strongly dislikes tattoos. It's hard for Si valuing people in general to justify going through the pain of getting a tattoo just to look different. Also, there's the aspect of naturality in Si, which goes against tattoos. I would also use silicon boobs and lips as Se-valuing indicator for the same reasons.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

My own experience also demonstrates no link between Si/Se and tattoos. It would be an extremely unreliable (pointless) indicator.

I do know two Se leads otoh with tattoos i think are overly impulsive (my SEE sister in law getting my brothers name in big letters and my other brother, SLE, getting a drunk homemade tattoo and then working long hours at a roofing job for the next week and ruining it in the sun). I know an IEE and an IEI who both got tattoos to commemorate a significant other that were symbolic enough to be just a pretty picture or have some other meaning.

Like anything else, looking at the how and why will yield much better insights.

SLI. Looks like she'd tilt her head euphorically watching Ne shenanigans tssk tssk tssk

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She is such a weirdo phony, a completely different person now from when she was young. Old Angie = Fi base martyr, young Angie = ILI or SEE or some shit. She's probably just borderline. Can't stand her and her smug face.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she might be LSE. EII is possible but she sounds too authoritative.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that sounds like IEI lol

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think she's SLE.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reminds me of a friend who is IEE-Fi. My friend is outspoken about her beliefs whether they are popular or not, cares a lot about her kids, has kids to more than one father, has been married twice, is diagnosed with Bipolar not that that is a bad thing, looks like Angelina and talks a bit like her, I see a lot of Fi in her actions, in the films she makes and stories she's attracted to (Unbroken for example, and the one set in Serbia), plus Brad Pitt seems to have the SEI swagger and semi duals would make sense for their relationship.
    Last edited by Guillaine; 06-20-2018 at 03:49 AM.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed my mind for my friend. I think they are both ESE-Fe

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If she is not SEI then she must be ESE. Brad Pitt fyi is LSI.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE

TIM
    (PiTi)TeNe5w4(14)p/x
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE...

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-N

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angelina Jolie is crazy, but that doesn't make her EIE. She is SLE.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethical + Intuitive. Delta. EII.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

in now time inclined to EIE for her

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I typed her EIE>SEE before,
    but in the Big Five, she's probably high in openness to experience, very low in conscientiousness, high in neuroticism, difficult to determine for agreeableness (I can see arguments for both middling, and for low), and probably lean introversion, although I thought extrovert before. So I probably lean "INFP">"INTP"/"ENFP".

This is highly irrational ("low conscientiousness") behaviour, and quite a bleak outsider punk goth introverted outsider type personality. It sounds like something in The Addams Family or a Tim Burton movie. It also shows some signs of low agreeableness (drug-taking not feel a connection with others):
    Jolie first attended Beverly Hills High School, where she felt isolated among the children of some of the area's affluent families because her mother had a more modest income. She was teased by other students, who targeted her for being extremely thin and for wearing glasses and braces.[15] Her early attempts at modeling, at her mother's insistence, proved unsuccessful.[18][19] She transferred to Moreno High School, an alternative school, where she became a "punk outsider",[18] wearing all-black clothing, going out moshing, and engaging in knife play with her live-in boyfriend.[15] She dropped out of her acting classes and aspired to become a funeral director,[16] taking at-home courses on embalming.[20] At age 16, after the relationship had ended, Jolie graduated from high school and rented her own apartment before returning to theater studies,[13][18] though in 2004 she referred to this period with the observation, "I am still at heart—and always will be—just a punk kid with tattoos."[21]

As a teenager, Jolie found it difficult to emotionally connect with other people, and as a result she self-harmed,[22] later commenting, "For some reason, the ritual of having cut myself and feeling the pain, maybe feeling alive, feeling some kind of release, it was somehow therapeutic to me."[23] She also struggled with insomnia and an eating disorder[20] and began using drugs; by age 20, she had used "just about every drug possible," particularly heroin.[24] Jolie had episodes of depression and planned to commit suicide twice—at age 19 and again at 22, when she attempted to hire a hitman to kill her.[16] When she was 24, she experienced a nervous breakdown and was admitted for 72 hours to UCLA Medical Center's psychiatric ward.[16] Two years later, after adopting her first child, Jolie found stability, later stating, "I knew once I committed to Maddox, I would never be self-destructive again."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelina_Jolie

This quote of hers seems more extroverted:
    I was a member of a group called the Kissy Girls. I was very sexual in kindergarten. I created a game where I would kiss the boys and give them cooties. Then we would make out and we would take our clothes off. I got in a lot of trouble!
    19 April 2007 interview with Irish Examiner
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Angelina_Jolie

Jolie committed to acting professionally at the age of 16, but initially found it difficult to pass auditions, often being told that her demeanor was "too dark."
    olie first witnessed the effects of a humanitarian crisis while filming Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) in war-torn Cambodia, an experience she later credited with having brought her a greater understanding of the world.[126] Upon her return home, Jolie contacted the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for information on international trouble spots.[125] To learn more about the conditions in these areas, she began visiting refugee camps around the world.[21] In February 2001, she went on her first field visit, an 18-day mission to Sierra Leone and Tanzania; she later expressed her shock at what she had witnessed.[125]

In the following months, Jolie returned to Cambodia for two weeks and met with Afghan refugees in Pakistan, where she donated $1 million in response to an international UNHCR emergency appeal,[127][128] the largest donation UNHCR had ever received from a private individual.[129] She covered all costs related to her missions and shared the same rudimentary working and living conditions as UNHCR field staff on all of her visits.[125] Jolie was named a UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador at UNHCR headquarters in Geneva on August 27, 2001.[130]

Over the next decade, she went on more than 40 field missions, meeting with refugees and internally displaced persons in over 30 countries.[131] In 2002, when asked what she hoped to accomplish, she stated, "Awareness of the plight of these people. I think they should be commended for what they have survived, not looked down upon."[127] To that end, her 2001–02 field visits were chronicled in her book Notes from My Travels, which was published in October 2003 in conjunction with the release of her humanitarian drama Beyond Borders.

Jolie aimed to visit what she termed "forgotten emergencies", crises that media attention had shifted away from.[132] She became noted for traveling to war zones,[133] such as Sudan's Darfur region during the Darfur conflict,[134] the Syrian-Iraqi border during the Second Gulf War,[135] where she met privately with U.S. troops and other multi-national forces,[136] and the Afghan capital Kabul during the war in Afghanistan, where three aid workers were murdered in the midst of her first visit.[133] To aid her travels, she began taking flying lessons in 2004 with the aim of ferrying aid workers and food supplies around the world. Jolie acquired a pilot license in 2004; as of May 2014, she owns a Cirrus SR22 aircraft and a Cessna 208 Caravan aircraft.[137][138]

On April 17, 2012, after more than a decade of service as a UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador, Jolie was promoted to the rank of Special Envoy to High Commissioner António Guterres, the first to take on such a position within the organization. In her expanded role, she was given authority to represent Guterres and UNHCR at the diplomatic level, with a focus on major refugee crises.[139] In the months following her promotion, she made her first visit as Special Envoy—her third over all—to Ecuador, where she met with Colombian refugees,[140] and she accompanied Guterres on a week-long tour of Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, and Iraq, to assess the situation of refugees from neighboring Syria.[141] Since then, Jolie has been on over a dozen field missions around the world to meet with refugees and undertake advocacy on their behalf.[131][142]

Jolie resigned from the ambassadorship in December 2022.[143] In her announcement, she pledged to continue to advocate for refugees.[144]
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 12-23-2023 at 03:33 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234