TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What are the norms of Se?

Enlighten me SEE and SLE.

Because, I have 1-D Se and according to the theory of dimensionality of functions, I only have the experience dimension. The norm dimension only shows up in 2-D or greater functions.

What are the norms of Se? I don't even know.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

..?..

Se is not about "norms", it is about pure perception (of force/strength/confidence/objective sensory stimuli). Ti and Fi are (and EJs to a certain extent).

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LIIbrarian View Post

Neither do I.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Norms youd need to talk to a EN**.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because, I have 1-D Se and according to the theory of dimensionality of functions, I only have the experience dimension. The norm dimension only shows up in 2-D or greater functions.

grunting. cavemen behavior. :/ (unfortunately I'm kind of serious).

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Apparently...

"Normative perceptions on Se

–Safety - a must. Need to protect yourself, loved ones, your home, your home from attack.
    –Attack - a necessity. Need to attack, to not attack you on the first (best defense - attack).
    –Discipline - is required.
    –Show wanton aggression - badly.
    –Need to eliminate the cause of the pressure.
    –"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."
    –"Self comes first"
    –Subordination of junior senior.
    –"Who does not feed its own army will feed someone else."
    –"Speed humps do not beat."
    –No excess protection.
    –The right of the owner - the owner of the rights to their territory.
    –Brothers must protect and care (material) of each other.
    –The husband has the right to his wife (wives accountability).
    –A man must protect his wife (family).
    –A man should be able to support his family.
    –A real man does not show weakness.
    –This man has to serve in the army."

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Normative (FALSE) perceptions on Se

–Safety - a must. Need to protect yourself, loved ones, your home, your home from attack. yes
    –Attack - a necessity. Need to attack, to not attack you on the first (best defense - attack). it may look like it
    –Discipline - is required. for Se base ...really?!
    –Need to eliminate the cause of the pressure. yes.
    –"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." yes.
    –"Self comes first" yes - but in FiSe it may be easier said than done when it comes to close ppl.
    –Subordination of junior senior. ?!
    –"Who does not feed its own army will feed someone else." crap quote
    –"Speed humps do not beat." wtf
    –No excess protection. it depends - not in Beta ST
    –The right of the owner - the owner of the rights to their territory. yadda-yadda
    –Brothers must protect and care (material) of each other. nope.
    –The husband has the right to his wife (wives accountability). = abuse, bdsm or what.
    –A man must protect his wife (family). gender bias (and BS)
    –A man should be able to support his family. blah
    –A real man does not show weakness. see false gender distinctions again
    –This man has to serve in the army." and vote for republicans or smth. perhaps ...

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This 'normative ', if it's even , is referring to for those who have it as a 2-dimensional function so, ENxps. With dimensionality of functions, the weaker it is the more basic-like.

Parameter is norms is present for all functions except one-dimensional ones.

Two-dimensional functions are the 3rd ("social norms") and the 6th ("individual norms"). These functions are invariant to the parameters of situation and time, so they are inflexible, and in any situation they seek to use conventional methods and rules (f. 3), honed by the individual's norms and standards in processing information (f. 6).

Norms are often fixed in proverbs and sayings, rules, regulations.

In society, there are generally accepted rules of behavior (relations), ways to express one's emotions, evaluations of quality (standards), logical conclusions, evaluations of capabilities, assessing perception of changes, standard methods of defense and of creating comfort.

The following are examples of some common (normative) conceptions (statements). It should be noted that these norms are not absolute – they vary by country and region, their diversity of traditions and "unwritten rules", cultures and communities in which they exist. One should not designate a function as normative, if one encounters a proverb or a stable expression in text. We must remember that the parameter of norms is also applicable to three- and four-dimensional functions. During the typing process information should be seen "as a whole." These citations are provided to illustrate normative thinking.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    "Normative (FALSE) perceptions on Se

–Safety - a must. Need to protect yourself, loved ones, your home, your home from attack. yes
    –Attack - a necessity. Need to attack, to not attack you on the first (best defense - attack). it may look like it
    –Discipline - is required. for Se base ...really?!
    –Need to eliminate the cause of the pressure. yes.
    –"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." yes.
    –"Self comes first" yes - but in FiSe it may be easier said than done when it comes to close ppl.
    –Subordination of junior senior. ?!
    –"Who does not feed its own army will feed someone else." crap quote
    –"Speed humps do not beat." wtf
    –No excess protection. it depends - not in Beta ST
    –The right of the owner - the owner of the rights to their territory. yadda-yadda
    –Brothers must protect and care (material) of each other. nope.
    –The husband has the right to his wife (wives accountability). = abuse, bdsm or what.
    –A man must protect his wife (family). gender bias (and BS)
    –A man should be able to support his family. blah
    –A real man does not show weakness. see false gender distinctions again
    –This man has to serve in the army." and vote for republicans or smth. perhaps ...
    Amen
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

i think you need to revisit the meaning of all the functions because you have it ass backwards. Please refer to my signature for the list
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks like some of you all aren't familiar with dimensionality of functions... For the record, I don't necessarily associate Se with all that E8 shit but homie doesn't have anything backwards as far as his opening post goes referring to dimensionality and it seems many who's posted took norms literally, not in regards to dimensionality.