Thread: Enneagram types

Hybrid View

Default Enneagram types

enneagram 9 (SLI, SEI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Aggressive Emotion
    enneagram 8 (SLE, SEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Action and Aggressive Thought
    enneagram 7 (ILE, IEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Thought and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 6 (EII, ESI) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 5 (LII, LSI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Withdrawn Emotion
    enneagram 4 (IEI, ILI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Emotion and Approval-Seeking Thought
    enneagram 2 (ESE, EIE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Approval-Seeking Action
    enneagram 1 (LIE, LSE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Action and Aggressive Emotion
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 04-11-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 3?

Quote Originally Posted by ryoka14 View Post
    Type 3?
    I don't think there's a direct link for type 3. it seems like anytime anyone does a habitual action, they're expressing type 3. Type 3 is the conditioned self.
    Last edited by ConcreteButterfly; 04-11-2015 at 02:18 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is this your personal typing system?

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Is this your personal typing system?
    yeah. the blocked emotion etc. is from here though: http://www.enneagram.net/articles.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    enneagram 9 (SLI, SEI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Aggressive Emotion
    enneagram 8 (SLE, SEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Action and Aggressive Thought
    enneagram 7 (ILE, IEE) - Blocked Emotion with Aggressive Thought and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 6 (EII, ESI) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Withdrawn Action
    enneagram 5 (LII, LSI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Thought and Withdrawn Emotion
    enneagram 4 (IEI, ILI) - Blocked Action with Withdrawn Emotion and Approval-Seeking Thought
    enneagram 2 (ESE, EIE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Emotion and Approval-Seeking Action
    enneagram 1 (LIE, LSE) - Blocked Thinking with Approval-Seeking Action and Aggressive Emotion
    We are all dysfunctional people at the core.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    what are you trying to say?
    exactly what it sounds like, this is a possible correlation between enneagram and IE elements. not saying it's 100% true just a possible overlap, feel free to disagree.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is nowhere even close to a 1:1 correlation b/w enneagram and IEs. any attempts to make it happen have been immensely wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    there is nowhere even close to a 1:1 correlation b/w enneagram and IEs. any attempts to make it happen have been immensely wrong
    do you think the enneagram and IE's can't be correlated then?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you think the enneagram and IE's can't be correlated then?
    I've seen loose correlations. 1s are exclusively XXXj (maybe?), 2s XXFx, 4s IXFx, 5s IXTx, 7s and 8s EXXx. That's about it really.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a list of most likely Socionics types for each Enneagram type I made thinking about it a while ago:

E9: ISTp, ISFp, INFj, INTj

E8: ESTp, ESTj, ENTj, ENFj

E7: ESFj, ESFp, ENFp, ENFj

E6: INFj, INFp, ESTp, ESTj, INTj, ESFj, ENFj, INTp

E5: INTp, INTj, ISTj, ISTp, ENTp

E4: ENFj, ENFp, INFj, ESFj, INFp, ESFp (women), ESFj, ISFp

E3: ENTj, ESTj, ENFp, ENTp, ENFj, ISFp, ESFp, ESFj

E2: INFj, ISFj, ISFp, ENFp

E1: ISTj, ESTj, INTj, INTp, ISFj, ENTj

This is just a sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by Airman View Post
    Here's a list of most likely Socionics types for each Enneagram type I made thinking about it a while ago:

E9: ISTp, ISFp, INFj, INTj

E8: ESTp, ESTj, ENTj, ENFj

E7: ESFj, ESFp, ENFp, ENFj

E6: INFj, INFp, ESTp, ESTj, INTj, ESFj, ENFj, INTp

E5: INTp, INTj, ISTj, ISTp, ENTp

E4: ENFj, ENFp, INFj, ESFj, INFp, ESFp (women), ESFj, ISFp

E3: ENTj, ESTj, ENFp, ENTp, ENFj, ISFp, ESFp, ESFj

E2: INFj, ISFj, ISFp, ENFp

E1: ISTj, ESTj, INTj, INTp, ISFj, ENTj

This is just a sketch.
    Nice, what's your reasoning? I noticed for enneagram 5 you listed only 1 extrovert, entp, and practically all extroverts for enneagram 7and 8 and 3. Enneagram 378 are "aggressives" so I guess you are saying they're mostly extroverts. And introverts for enneagram 9. 594 are part of withdrawn triad so they would be likely introverts? Except enneagram 4 which is a mix. 126 are compliants, which would probably be mixed, which seems roughly true from your listing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, what's your reasoning? I noticed for enneagram 5 you listed only 1 extrovert, entp, and practically all extroverts for enneagram 7and 8 and 3. Enneagram 378 are "aggressives" so I guess you are saying they're mostly extroverts. And introverts for enneagram 9. 594 are part of withdrawn triad so they would be likely introverts? Except enneagram 4 which is a mix. 126 are compliants, which would probably be mixed, which seems roughly true from your listing.
    You're right, few E5s are Extroverts, I've only met ENTp E5s extroverts. 3, 7 and 8 are more likely Extroverts for different reasons each, with E3 you have the natural tendency of seeing oneself as the environment sees you, this is basically an extroverted attitude, furthermore all the action that they like also imply extrovert. With E7 you have a more sociable, outgoing, easygoing person who's likely an extrovert. With E8, you cannot but think of a leading Se or Te there, I think it is rare indeed that an E8 has a leading Introverted IE, even if it's Fe as in ENFj or ESFj. E4 is a mix generally feeling types. Like the E5s are generally Thinking types. With E1 rarely a Feeling type, with E2 rarely a Thinking type. With E3 both F and T types may happen, as well as with E6, E7 and E8. With E9 I see strong and or valued Si there, and a difficulty to feel emotions, though I've met some ISFp's E9s. E5 and E9 can resemble each other in their Introvertedness and apparent lack of emotions or disregard for them.