Thread: Te hypnosis

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te hypnosis

I need someone to hypnotize me into liking to do work.

like when i talk to Te people they are all like "omg the more complicated the task the more exciting! you finally get to have fun!"

meanwhile i am like, terrified, shrinking in a corner.

and the rest of the time I am just bored, my mind wanders...

somebody hire me a professional LXE hypnotist to make me a workholic work-loving SEI

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since when is "doing work"=Te? There are all kinds of different work out there..
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People like doing work?

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this doesn't sound very Te to me.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy setting my own goals and working towards them. That's about the only 'work' I really enjoy. In my experience, LSEs like physical labor for some reason. It's like it clears their head.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I need someone to hypnotize me into liking to do work.

like when i talk to Te people they are all like "omg the more complicated the task the more exciting! you finally get to have fun!"

meanwhile i am like, terrified, shrinking in a corner.

and the rest of the time I am just bored, my mind wanders...

somebody hire me a professional LXE hypnotist to make me a workholic work-loving SEI

Bake cookies, spread sunshine.

[yes, I am kidding]

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    People like doing work?
    Yeah, it's shocking but some do. From what I have seen, liking a job is less popular among the Te polr people I know. We have all just sort of stumbled into jobs that we ended up liking and keeping, or not. Some are still unemployed 'cause they can't get with the program and keep a job because they tend to do stuff that gets them fired. Like taking too many sick days because their job drains them. Seems some introverts have trouble pushing through and just doing it. :/

I feel your pain Lemontrees. I went through so many weird jobs until I found something I liked doing. I do think that many people hate the work they do but they don't have the same problems that a Te polr might have. When I was a teen finding jobs, and keeping them, was a big problem for me, and I was on my own and had to take care of myself. I would work sometimes for two weeks and never go back. Not even ask for my paycheck because I couldn't face them. I am so glad those days are over. I just want to encourage you to stay optimistic, if you can, since these things tend to work out if you are open and curious enough to go off the beaten path, sts.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell your doc you have trouble focusing. He might give you some pills. It's not hypnosis, but eyyy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI can love work when it's fun and social
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't enjoy doing tasks that require following a strict protocol, but I do enjoy owning the job I'm doing, to do it smoothly, quickly, and efficiently. Are there some types of work that you do enjoy?
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find sth you like and squeeze the most of it, there's got to be sth you enjoy and are good at/have potential to be good at enough to make do/always wanted to do but put on the shelf titled "later/maybe".
    Not everyone thinks the same way. If you don't like "work for work" (lots of people don't), then the trick is to find sth enjoyable. Then you won't think of it as "ugh, work". Sometimes it may take a while to transition, but it's worth it. Having to perform a job that goes against your instincts is not going to become magically fun no matter how hard you try to persuade yourself. You need change.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

job goes by smoother if you like what you're doing and/or the people you work with

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Te dom at my work knows all the rules and forces them on people. What are you talking about? Im the only one who defends her because I know what her deal is...

What r u talking about?
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking with some girls in the breakroom about the wonderful lack of gossip in my department and they all pointed at the Te dom. I told them "shes not gossiping, she's complaining about the lack of efficiency.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As long as it's an interesting challenge, it'll make time fly..