Thread: Help typing my guy friend! Possible ESTp

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help typing my guy friend! Possible ESTp

Hi, I am an INFp as typed by members of this forum awhile ago (: I'm trying to type my current friend/friend with benefits.
    I am positive that he is a Sensor and probably Extrovert; he is charming and charismatic and uses those skills in the sales job he has. He is a grounded person in general and good with money, though he has a messy house (this is normal though because he is in his early 20s and has a roommate.)
    Overall he is not too complex of a thinker and compared to me he isn't 'deep', nor is he prone to overthinking things the way that I do. My first instinct after reading descriptions is to type him as an ESTp but I feel like he isn't my dual because we don't have a special *spark* and can be awkward around each other. The awkwardness mostly stems from me being kind of shy or not knowing how to react to his affections. I feel like because he is about 4 years older than me and more experienced with life I tend to take on a childlike/ditzy role (not really purposely, it's just how I am sometimes), which he generally finds cute. I don't think he is my conflictor (ESTj) either because we do get along really well! We are completely different and have different ways of thinking yet we come to the same conclusions about things.
    I would like maybe some suggestions as to his type or some more questions I can answer as clarifications
    Thank youu!

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

You can be duals and have no spark in the story.
    Also, not enough information to type.
    But your mention about him being not too complex of a thinker made me smile, such a shortcut.
    Just that you know, it's not type related and a sensor can be brilliant and a deep thinker

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ENTp?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lesfleursdumal View Post
    Hi, I am an INFp as typed by members of this forum awhile ago (: I'm trying to type my current friend/friend with benefits.
    I am positive that he is a Sensor and probably Extrovert; he is charming and charismatic and uses those skills in the sales job he has. He is a grounded person in general and good with money, though he has a messy house (this is normal though because he is in his early 20s and has a roommate.)
    Overall he is not too complex of a thinker and compared to me he isn't 'deep', nor is he prone to overthinking things the way that I do. My first instinct after reading descriptions is to type him as an ESTp but I feel like he isn't my dual because we don't have a special *spark* and can be awkward around each other. The awkwardness mostly stems from me being kind of shy or not knowing how to react to his affections. I feel like because he is about 4 years older than me and more experienced with life I tend to take on a childlike/ditzy role (not really purposely, it's just how I am sometimes), which he generally finds cute. I don't think he is my conflictor (ESTj) either because we do get along really well! We are completely different and have different ways of thinking yet we come to the same conclusions about things.
    I would like maybe some suggestions as to his type or some more questions I can answer as clarifications
    Thank youu!

from this vague useless description, SLE without enough hormones / ILE is the most probable type.

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    from this vague useless description, SLE without enough hormones / ILE is the most probable type.
    I know the description sucks which is why I specifically asked for any clarification questions that would make it easier for you guys to get a handle on his type

TIM
    IEI 4w3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More stuff about him though:
    His interests are mainly sports, his job, drinking with friends, and he wants to travel to several places. He is talented at math, he doesn't read much, he is emotionally closed off but outwardly a friendly open person. He is not particularly judgemental and is a 'live and let live' person but he does have a lot of opinions on things (not as many as me but I have an opinion on everything haha). I get the impression that he is not very introspective and he tends to concentrate on the world outside of himself. He likes to be extra nice to people at restaraunts to get free food/drinks but he says that he isn't being nice just for the free stuff, but because he likes to be nice. He once told me that it's very easy for him to manipulate people esp at his job.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi it's hard to type someone like that but would you be able to write down some of the things that he says? I would like you to please ask him to describe a scenic and favorite place that he's been and remeber to report back the response in detail. Thank you
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Any type can be messy
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html