TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Default Ambiversion: The Lost Personality Type

http://lonerwolf.com/ambivert/

Intresting read. I kind of relate to this article but not in the introvert/extrovert way (I'm a clear introvert). I've often felt that my personality is an almost even split between thinking and feeling, and when I do take personality tests I usually get INFp, but also often times come out with INTp. Also, as far as socionics subtypes goes, I generally classify myself as a Ni subtype, but Fe subtype also makes sense, so I think being split subtype works best for me.

Does anyone else relate?
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I am very introverted too, and I find the quote 'there's no such thing as a pure introvert or extrovert, such a person would be in an insane asylum' amusing because I've been in a mental hospital before... maybe that had a lot to do with it. I think I may come off really weird and strange to others even though I myself kind of feel very normal and boring.

Creepy-male

Well I think when you break things down gradients do exist and they are situational like the map of a terrain, there are peaks in certain areas and valleys in others. I for example would say I'm an introvert, but when I was younger I had a tendency to be a hyper child that was outgoing -- in certain situations people can activate me to be more outgoing and once I'm in that mood I can be a very pleasant extrovert. In most close relationships with people I've been extroverted on many occasions. So I can see these valleys and peaks in my life based on situation and time.

Although with a system like this it would be hard to get a clear definition of personality, so generally we average out this "terrain" and talk of extroverts and introverts, but I've always known the story was more complex. These days I'm beginning to think something deeper than get a superficial label is more useful in terms of understanding one's identity... something like a mirror that reflects back into your soul, some kind of intuitive insight into oneself and the others around you, and see how it all connects like a recurring dream that spins fate against free will.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    http://lonerwolf.com/ambivert/

Intresting read. I kind of relate to this article but not in the introvert/extrovert way (I'm a clear introvert). I've often felt that my personality is an almost even split between thinking and feeling, and when I do take personality tests I usually get INFp, but also often times come out with INTp. Also, as far as socionics subtypes goes, I generally classify myself as a Ni subtype, but Fe subtype also makes sense, so I think being split subtype works best for me.

Does anyone else relate?
    Absolutely. I relate a lot.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a way. I just don't handle intense sensory stimuli very well. I think the newest fancy acronym for it is HSP. EII creation, probably.
    Putting aside Fi sensitivity stuff I find lots of things common with it.
    I think I'm externally orientated person but I just don't work at the same plane as others.
    It gets confusing when I meet 4D Se. I'm like paralyzed then. It is so lame and overwhelming when I put it in use.

My extroversion is lazily out there. I am very much an ambivert. I think many SEIs are also ambiverts.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it their turn to mope about being poor misunderstood unique snowflakes

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

FWIW oftentimes people tend to perceive me as more extraverted than I perceive myself.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP