Thread: Enneagram type 8

Hybrid View

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't rorschach be a 6? from what I remember his whole deal was about unwavering loyalty to the cause and an almost obsessive fixation on moral principle. I can't really see an 8 caring about that. 8 gut fix seems right though, probably 468.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    wouldn't rorschach be a 6? from what I remember his whole deal was about unwavering loyalty to the cause and an almost obsessive fixation on moral principle. I can't really see an 8 caring about that. 8 gut fix seems right though, probably 468.
    He was obsessed with the idea of innocence and justice, which are common central themes for 8s.
    There is also a certain fearlessness and recklessness about him that CP 6s do not really have. He's just being ruthless, and has "anger issues".
    Also, he is unable to feel "tender emotions" or allow himself to feel vulnerable emotions, which is very typical of an average to unhealthy 8.

I find the following applies well to him:

Soft and tender emotions tend to make Eights feel “weak,” and, more to the point, intimacy requires Eights to lower their defenses and thereby become vulnerable. Vulnerability, in turn, triggers the Eight’s fear of being controlled.

(...) Eights are often prone to anger, one of the few feelings they allow themselves to feel in its pure form. As mentioned, the experience of tender emotions such as compassion, love, sorrow, melancholy and pity can cause the Eight to feel vulnerable, as such emotions are caused by, and in turn cause, a feeling of ego permeability and “openness.” Anger, on the other hand, embodies a feeling of being in opposition to the world and, at least as the Eight experiences it, a sense of the importance of overcoming that opposition. In the Eight’s experience of anger, ego boundaries are consolidated, the world kept in opposition, and the Eight focused on domination.

(...) Eights are often said to have an internal sense of “justice,” and it is true that Eights are acutely aware of the ways in which power is used and abused.

(...) Unhealthy Eights, on the other hand, are the most brutal of the enneatypes. Unhealthy Eights are bullies who enjoy intimidating those whom they see as weak and who feel little compunction about walking over anyone who crosses their path. They are crude, brutal, dangerous and grotesquely insensitive to the feelings of others. An element of sadism frequently enters the picture, sadism being a clear and obvious manifestation of the attempt to attain power by means of domination and humiliation; a weakness posing as strength.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    He was obsessed with the idea of innocence and justice, which are common central themes for 8s.
    to me it seems to be too much of an ethical vendetta for it to be a gut-fix issue. ime 8s kind of blindly care about said things, and dominate accordingly; rorschach seems to know exactly where his values are in this regard.

There is also a certain fearlessness and recklessness about him that CP 6s do not really have. He's just being ruthless, and has "anger issues".
    fair enough, but it never felt to me like he was just angrily imposing himself on his environment. I could easily see a cp6 with an 8 fix doing similarly, especially in regard to the way he justifies it.

Also, he is unable to feel "tender emotions" or allow himself to feel vulnerable emotions, which is very typical of an average to unhealthy 8.
    yeah

I find the following applies well to him:
    maybe, but is it really about opposition? for me it seems like he cares more about vindication than volitional conquest, but I could be wrong.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Sounds like a very hardened 1, except he's not disintegrating to 4 so probably core 6. The clip of Watchmen I had to see was awful, and I haven't read the comics, so I can't judge much. "I can't feel anymore, waaah!" is a sort of un-self-aware 4ish tendency and depressive, so probably 4-6-1 tritype like ******, who was also mistyped as E8 earlier in the thread.