View Poll Results: Can someone be uncertain about his/ her Id functions ?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 100.00%
  • no

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Can someone be insecure about his / her super - Id ?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Can someone be uncertain about his / her Id ?

Is it possible ?? If in theory this block is very strong , even though not valued (whatever that truly means ). If someone is uncertain / not veeryyy knowledgeable about what should be a demonstrative or an ignoring function , then does it mean the person is mis-typed ?

Mby I should explain better : I'm not talking about a feeling like you're not good at that stuff and you need 'help*. Instead about a feeling that you 're suspicious , you find that kind of stuff not reliable , like you assume it's fake and mis-placed .
    Last edited by Amber; 01-17-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wanted to say Id block but in a hurry . I wish I could change the title of my thread .

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I would say I am very good with Ne and Fi but not always appropriate when using either. Ne to me is just there. I don't really distinguish it from Ni because I believe all forms of intuition comes from Ni anyway and Ne is just a outward manifestation of Ni realization and knowings. I may be good at it but I am good at ignoring it instead of dwelling on all that is possible or whatever, too.

I kind of see Ne and Ni as related to the third eye chakra and the crown. My information is filtered through the crown (universal consciousness) and the third eye is there to make sense of a lot of energy and imagery and I can use it to express things to others that I seem to known on another level. I know that may sound bad. Like I feel I know more than others but that is not really what I am saying. I don't think I am ready to give a coherent answer to your question yet.

Crown Chakra - Sahasrara

If you sense a loss of meaning and identity, your Crown Chakra may be unbalanced. Sahasrara is a bridge to the cosmos, it is a spiritual connection, and through it y you can reach your higher potential. It is the energy of knowingness and enlightenment The Crown Chakra is often described as a slowly blooming Lotus flower, as the evolvement of the spirit during life.

Representing Color:

White, Violet

Location of the Chakra in the Body

: Crown of the head

Main Characteristic Associated with the Chakra

: The Crown Chakra is a door of universal energy and conscience; through it you can reach a higher state of awareness. Sahasrara leads you beyond materialism to the true nature of life which is abundant in joy, purpose and curiosity. The guidance begins outside yourself, but during this process you will find inner direction.

Crown Chakra in balance

: A balanced Crown Chakra gives you access to your subconscious, allows you to see your true nature and to accept the self as a part of the universe. Through a deep connection to Sahasrara you may fulfill your highest potential.

Crown Chakra out of balance

: An imbalance makes your road in life harder and bumpier, lacking focus and direction. You'll experience boredom, frustration and lack of joy that may result in migraines, melancholy, senility and loss of self.
    Third Eye Chakra - Anja

Third Eye Chakra is the 6th Chakra and is responsible to what we refer to as "the sixth sense". The Chakra connects us to our internal intuitions and is responsible for the sharp senses, the ability to read the future and receive non-verbal messages. Through the Third Eye we communicate with the world and can even receive messages from the past and from the future. It grants us our sense of observation.

Representing Color

: purple

Location of the Chakra in the Body

: The center of the forehead, between the eyes.

Main Characteristic Associated with the Chakra

: The Third Eye Chakra's element is light. Even though the third eye is blind, it has a deep vision because it's directed inside. Anja governs and connects the conscious and the unconscious mind.

Third Eye Chakra in balance

: When the Chakra is balanced we experience high mental ability, we are able to separate between reality and imagination and best combine logic and emotion. When we live with a balanced Third Eye chakra, we experience overall good health, clear thinking and focus. A healthy third eye chakra will encourage intuition, empathy of others and build trust in oneself.

Third Eye Chakra out of balance

: When the Chakra is unbalanced we experience fatigue, day dreaming, sleep problems, lack of assertiveness, inability to listen to others, and may even often feel disoriented. When the Chakra is over active, you may immerse in a world of fantasy and even experience hallucinations.
    Anyway this is just a connection I make between Ni and Ne and I am usually pretty balanced in my third eye and crown. Sometimes both are overactive and I have to ground myself.

I am not sure how this would work in reverse though. The idea of focusing and seeing what is outside of myself first, when it comes to intuition, is kind of weird to me. In relation to chakras the information is supposed to be coming from a higher source outside of me but then again I do not see anything as being outside of me. Arrgh, maybe I don't understand Ne afterall.

I find socionics descriptions of all the functions lacking and would like to see them more clearly defined. That is why I research multiple sources of information then choose what I feel is correct. Demonstrative Fi is like second nature to me. Not sure how else to put it. I liked this description.

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I've started to look at the relationship between these functions in order to differentiate an element being in the base or creative slot.

The base function is looking for any and all information related to it. It doesn't want anything to limit it, and will purposefully overlook other data in order to maximize it. The ignoring function is often related to information in the base function. The type will take it into consideration and has a strong knowledge base in the area of their ignoring function, and they may even offer advice in it. However, the moment that the information in the ignoring function somehow interferes with the information in the base function, it is dismissed all together.

The creative function is not as strong and not as much of a priority as the base function. Not only that, but the demonstrative function is ingrained into the individual's subconscious, and they are usually not even aware of how much the element affects their actions. The individual doesn't focus on their creative all the time, but when they do, there is always an implicit consideration of the demonstrative. The individual may not have any values related to their demonstrative, but they can't help but be guided by it.

------------
    If you got to the end of this response...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morningthaw View Post
    If in theory this block is very strong , even though not valued (whatever that truly means ).
    It means that information/questions of this type is easy for you to process but you don't find this type information and approach interesting/rewarding/important.
    You can be bad at those areas in "I neglected this" as apposed to "I can't do this" ways.
    Instead about a feeling that you 're suspicious , you find that kind of stuff not reliable , like you assume it's fake and mis-placed .
    It is pretty much the expected to address the ID information with slight distaste and "You better approach it for this side...(ego)". So judging to be "mis-placed" would be characteristic.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I have any trouble with Ni. It's harder to say about Fe, as I have trouble distinguishing strong Fe the so-stacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have kickass demonstrative but the is more on/off. I'm not bad at it but I do tend to neglect it alot in favor of
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have so so demonstrative. I used to think I was really good at it, and use it a lot among familiar people but after experiences with base people I know it's really weak in comparison. Hmph. Perhaps just underdeveloped, because I do enjoy using it; if in a somewhat ad hoc manner, with the results not being too important. More for seeking, I think.

As for the ignoring, I'm pretty shit at it. I take a more philosophical approach to problems, like 'why should this perturb me' or 'I can't be bothered with this'. My tranquillity of mind is more important than getting worked up over something.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible ?? If in theory this block is very strong , even though not valued (whatever that truly means ). If someone is uncertain / not veeryyy knowledgeable about what should be a demonstrative or an ignoring function , then does it mean the person is mis-typed ?

Mby I should explain better : I'm not talking about a feeling like you're not good at that stuff and you need 'help*. Instead about a feeling that you 're suspicious , you find that kind of stuff not reliable , like you assume it's fake and mis-placed .
    Of course. Simple answer is I don't know, don't bother others with it. Long answer is my own life story. Not going into the long answer. If you want to read a short hand version of it, read David Copperfield. But yeah. You'll attract a ton of 9w1s/5w6s (or are we 1w9s?) with this question, as we want to help others like us realize our potential.

It is a science of self discovery this thing. You'll need to do it on your own. I know I am.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    Of course. Simple answer is I don't know, don't bother others with it. Long answer is my own life story. Not going into the long answer. If you want to read a short hand version of it, read David Copperfield. But yeah. You'll attract a ton of 9w1s/5w6s (or are we 1w9s?) with this question, as we want to help others like us realize our potential.

It is a science of self discovery this thing. You'll need to do it on your own. I know I am.

I don't know if I understood what you wanted to say exactly. I don't take Enneagram too seriously. My question was about Socionics.
    Do you mean David Copperfield only as a short - hand version of your life or a second - hand version too?
    Should I use your reply as an illustration of my point in a way... as a positive answer to my question ??? You speak NiFe, I remember.

Also , why do some Fe users have to delude themselves they know lots about your life and make a bucketful of unrelated presuppositions all the time ?? And butt in with unsolicited ' advice' when they have no clue about your position about a point or your life situation ? also, why do you say "others like us" when it's only in your head because you're thinking Enneagram now and ignoring who I am and the actual meaning of my question?
    Last edited by Amber; 01-18-2015 at 12:36 AM.