I've wanted to write about what I've sometimes referred to wanting an LSE that's a "real man" and I have some good examples now from the interaction between myself and my bf. I've found the following examples from his behavior a representative of these characteristics. One day he asked me what I was doing the next day, as he often does as to keep track of what's going on, and I told him "I have to give a fasting blood test at 8:30am." He calculates all the actions, saying, "so you can't eat for 12 hours before then and we have about an hour to get you food, baby." Off we go to get food, any food, and plus or minus I had dinner by around 8:45pm.

Another example is when I try to do certain things around him he won't let me do them. He packs and carries all the groceries.

When he was in pain once and you could see that in his eyes, he kept saying "oh well, it is what it is." I felt so touched that he didn't pay it too much attention and dealt with it even though he had stuff to do, never really complaining about it but explaining where it was.