Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEI/ISFp bashin' time

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    However, if someone obviously doesn't care, and not interested in learning, I get realllly annoyed and I'm not as interested in teaching them. I will try to pique their interest though, but after a while it's useless. Fail for them!! (j/k... they'd probably get like an average grade or something, dont wanna fail anybody...)
    That's been my experience with Alpha SF teachers. : )

Some Alpha NTs, otoh, they're willing to fail people. But they usually try hard to make the material accessible [EDIT: with mixed results].
    Last edited by xerx; 01-21-2015 at 02:14 PM.

TIM
    ILE - 9w8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not totally sure if you're trolling with your post or not (since you are one of the forum's greatest trolls and all ), but I just want to point out that going from relationship to relationship does not make somebody "slutty". Additionally, relationships do not have to be sexual (this is in part mediated by NTR things)

And as I mentioned in another thread recently, sluttiness itself (the real thing, not what you mentioned) is also influenced by a multitude of NTR factors. People of any type can be slutty, or not slutty.

You guys can feel free to continue deluding yourselves on that... wont help with mistypings, though.
    Holy mother of....I'm so inactive here, but already infamous. Ah well, this makes things interesting! xD

Oh, I'm just using the word "slutty" as it is the most common colloquial term for "sleeping with a lot of people/jumping between relationships"...and because the term was used earlier in this thread. While this mostly does carry a negative connotation, it's not the negativity I wanted to convey.

People choose to have new experience through different means, some through systems, some through relationships. All I'm saying is that SF types tend to be more prone to experiences through people.
    There's a certain social stigma on experiencing it through relationships, as it's one of the things that most people tend to be insecure about. Thus the word "slutty" gets overused in situations that as much as imply sexuality, even when it isn't there.
    (So yes, you can consider the use of "slutty" as "trolling/tongue-in-cheek reference". )

--Flax

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxe View Post
    Holy mother of....I'm so inactive here, but already infamous. Ah well, this makes things interesting! xD

Oh, I'm just using the word "slutty" as it is the most common colloquial term for "sleeping with a lot of people/jumping between relationships"...and because the term was used earlier in this thread. While this mostly does carry a negative connotation, it's not the negativity I wanted to convey.

People choose to have new experience through different means, some through systems, some through relationships. All I'm saying is that SF types tend to be more prone to experiences through people.
    There's a certain social stigma on experiencing it through relationships, as it's one of the things that most people tend to be insecure about. Thus the word "slutty" gets overused in situations that as much as imply sexuality, even when it isn't there.
    (So yes, you can consider the use of "slutty" as "trolling/tongue-in-cheek reference". )

--Flax
    LOL. I think i may have mixed you up with another user who went by "Flaxseed".

But yes i am with you on what you said above. Still though, experiencing people does not have to mean sexually. That impulse is influenced a lot by religious, cultural, and personal values.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILE - 9w8
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But yes i am with you on what you said above. Still though, experiencing people does not have to mean sexually. That impulse is influenced a lot by religious, cultural, and personal values.
    Mental five!
    o/

TIM
    SEI-Fe Enneagram 9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't bake a lot, but that's mainly because I don't have time with work and school. Homemade bread is divine! Someone should gift me with a stand mixer.
    I do buy candy and other sweets for my loved ones. My faults...I'm stubborn as all get out and not the greatest with money. I'm not intellectually lazy, though. I enjoy thinking about theories just as much as I do shoes.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Let Te ego answer that. I can see lots of problems that might arise around certain types.
    I don't find problem in SEIs but you should let LIE give their points of view. I might give some bashing to IEIs but not in this thread.

SEIs are very diverse bunch in what they are capable of. So they can be a bit unpredictable but is is fine and actually more interesting.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    First of all thanks for the responses, they've been helpful! I agree with most of the responses. I find it interesting that most people even find it difficult to speak of the negatives regarding SEIs. I will admit that many, if not all, SEIs give the impression of a sweet, kind, caring, and even perfect person. But having extended contact with many SEIs has led me to believe that those traits are mostly a facade, or persona.

In my experiences, SEIs mostly are concerned with their own desires. Hedonist is a perfect description. The SEIs I've known, both subtypes, primarily want to be relaxed and carefree. They will get very upset if anyone brings negativity into their life. However, they are not opposed to venting negativity to people they are close to. They do not react well to being pressured to do things that they don't want to (Se ignoring) and they especially cannot take direct criticism. I find many SEIs to be incredibly self-absorbed, in that they care for themselves first and then others. Even the Fe subtypes mostly want to socialize because they desire the experience, not so much to benefit the other. I feel like so much depends on their mood too. If they're happy they enjoy taking care of others. If not, they want to be taken care of, but don't think they will tell you this. They internalize so much. If they even slightly sense that you are being mean to them or are unhappy with them they will become very upset. Even if this is imagined or has nothing to do with them.

I definitely agree about the passive aggression! My one SEI friend would try to cheat on his girlfriend whenever they would get into a major fight. He says he actually never acted on it, but who knows. If they feel that you have wronged them, they will not apologize and will certainly guilt trip you, saying your behavior condoned their response/actions. With time, they can be appeased with jokes and/or food though. And believe me, they can get very irritated if you try to prod too much into their private life. Very averse to negativity and any type of possible association with them and a negative trait or event. That's all I got for now! P.S. I have a few SEIs in my family and close friends.

Edit: Something that just came to mind: Maybe SEIs are so averse to negativity that they try very hard to produce a positive impression so that no one has any negative thoughts or feelings about them. Hmmm
    Most of the above negatives fits me unfortunately.

I care way too much what other people think. I avoid scrutiny from others in every way possible. I don't want anyone to think poorly of me. I want everyone to like me and think that I am an awesome person. I admit I'm rather narcissitic that way. More than anything, I just want to be relaxed at peace with things. Want things in life to be smooth and easy. Always be comfortable, physically and emotionally. Maybe that's the enneagram 9 talking. I am very internal. I cannot tolerate being pressured to do things I don't want to do. I am poor at taking unsolicited criticism. I get done what I need to get done but at the core, I am lazy.

I think activity types, such as LII and SEI can often look like one another but it is possible I'm really an SEI instead? I'm serious, here. I just feel way too sensitive at times to be a base.

Maybe type 9 has something to do with it as well.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEI's are lazy and hedonistic.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just wanted to say failing people can help them learn and not failing them when they are failing is kind of a breach of ethics that fucks with the entire meaning of passing. i feel like with curves and whatever that we're just being a bit too accepting?

i say this as a hypocrite who doesn't have the guts to try to fire people who don't do their work. maybe by projecting on others i can help myself. i don't wanna be harsh but there are times that we need to be, and others need us to be.

wait, i just thought of a lovely fictional example. in the new(er) bsg show, starbuck didn't fail someone who sucked at piloting (flying) and let her feelings get in the way. he advanced to being a pilot when he couldn't cut it and he crashed/died. had she failed him, that wouldn't have happened (though he may have died when the cylons nuked the colonies).

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My mom is an SEI and an E2. Some negative things I've noticed is her preference for sitting most of the day, her ideological commitment to a brand of food, her inability to say no to new cats she can't afford. She takes horrible care of herself and will try to guilt trip people into doing things for her.

With that said, our relationships was always the smoothest in the household, very little to zero conflict.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Most of the above negatives fits me unfortunately.

I care way too much what other people think. I avoid scrutiny from others in every way possible. I don't want anyone to think poorly of me. I want everyone to like me and think that I am an awesome person. I admit I'm rather narcissitic that way. More than anything, I just want to be relaxed at peace with things. Want things in life to be smooth and easy. Always be comfortable, physically and emotionally. Maybe that's the enneagram 9 talking. I am very internal. I cannot tolerate being pressured to do things I don't want to do. I am poor at taking unsolicited criticism. I get done what I need to get done but at the core, I am lazy.

I think activity types, such as LII and SEI can often look like one another but it is possible I'm really an SEI instead? I'm serious, here. I just feel way too sensitive at times to be a base.

Maybe type 9 has something to do with it as well.
    Well, LIIs are emotivists according to Reinin traits and so are SEIs. This means they perceive the emotional implications before the actual meaning of things and usually adjust to other people's moods. I dare say LII are more mentally active than SEI. My SEI friend will constantly complain that he just wants to "relax" and not think. This is a foreign concept to me since my mind is constantly on. I can be relaxed, but my mind is still going. Also don't forget that logical types can be emotional and sensitive too. And ethical types can be cold and business-like too. I always think in a more-often-than-not style when trying to self-type.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    Well, LIIs are emotivists according to Reinin traits and so are SEIs. This means they perceive the emotional implications before the actual meaning of things and usually adjust to other people's moods. I dare say LII are more mentally active than SEI. My SEI friend will constantly complain that he just wants to "relax" and not think. This is a foreign concept to me since my mind is constantly on. I can be relaxed, but my mind is still going. Also don't forget that logical types can be emotional and sensitive too. And ethical types can be cold and business-like too. I always think in a more-often-than-not style when trying to self-type.
    I'm confused on the constructivist/emotivist dichotomy because I can relate things from both sides. I'm probably more of an emotivist overall. And I am very mentally active, for me thinking is a form of relaxation. My mind is always 'on' all the time, how could it be otherwise? I'm just a sensitive LII most likely.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI are soft and nice albeit flirty and sexual....we should really bash on SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    SEI are soft and nice albeit flirty and sexual....we should really bash on SEE
    I'm soft and nice, yes. Flirty and sexual, no.

Why are we bashing on SEE?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my brother is SEI-Si e9w1 sp/sx and he ain't flirty and sexual. but his ESE gf is. when they're apart due to work/study, she needs to communicate constantly (kinda let's skype at least 2 times per week) and he told me he only does it coz she wants it. otherwise he would be just fine surfing the internet or sleeping.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    I'm soft and nice, yes. Flirty and sexual, no.

Why are we bashing on SEE?
    Disloyal disconected unthoughtfully mean and conniving. Jealous stalkeresque
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I rarely, if ever, experience problems with SEIs in meat-space. they're quite lovely, but I've met some damn near psychotic ones on the internet. at one point, I honestly had to wonder if they were typing everything from the confines of a mental institution or something. I reckon it's because unhealthy people are more inclined to use the internet than healthy people? or maybe I just have a penchant for ""triggering"" them, because my response to people being mean to me is to laugh at them. or myself. or both, but usually I'm just laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.

but my long-time friend and an old coworker of mine were both SEIs and they were the pinnacle of adorable. no complaints here

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the easiest way to bash SEIs is to simply type @Ghost as SEI. now if only she could cultivate any of the positive traits that SEIs have that others listed in this thread, as she even said herself she "values growth". instead the only real trait she has is Te polr and blind chaotic aggression.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think @niffer is a real good example of an SEI. Completely ignoring of reality (Se) lol. And instead living in a false made-up vision of herself to ignore bad feelings (Si). Also, she's part of the "I hate my life and myself so I'm going to blame it on everyone else so I don't have to deal with it myself"-club here on 16types.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think @niffer is a real good example of an SEI. Completely ignoring of reality (Se) lol. And instead living in a false made-up vision of herself to ignore bad feelings (Si). Also, she's part of the "I hate my life and myself so I'm going to blame it on everyone else so I don't have to deal with it myself"-club here on 16types.
    For how often you pull up the "projection" tactic and how often you use it, you should be able to recognize by now when you're doing that yourself.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Time to /bin/bash them:
    echo -e '#!/bin/bash \n echo "SEIs are cool!"' > sei.sh && chmod +x sei.sh && ./sei.sh
    Output:
    SEIs are cool!
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

Further attempts to misidentify Beta Se for Si?

You're on a roll tonight.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My final typing by Ghost the all-seeing Ni embodying IEI is: *drumroll* SEI 4w5 so/sp.

Come back from the Ignore button abyss Ghost! We are same-enneagram business partner buddies!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12