Thread: Try this socionics test - ru.laser.ru

Threaded View

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The idea is that the stronger the Fi, the stronger the tendency will be, hence my mentioning ESI-Fi over ESI-Se.
    ESI-Se has stronger Fi than the overwhelming majority of types though. Yet I assume they'd generally answer in the negative, where the way LII-Nes are usually described I'd think they'd generally answer in the affirmative. So it seems like only a weak indicator of Fi and seems more strongly related to weak/devalued Se.

My reasoning is, there is more than one factor affecting this, yes, but Fi is one of the strongest factors affecting it. So the question belongs to this section alright to contribute to the overall score.
    I'd prefer questions that strictly gauge that element alone. This is harder to construct than just throwing out anything that could potentially be related to that element, but there are concrete differences between the way the elements are described that a test could be built around. There's no similar question to gauge Se devaluation after all, so this type of question just muddies the waters and leads to inaccurate scoring.

I remember taking a Socionics test two or three years ago (when I mainly knew MBTI) on OkCupid, I'm pretty sure it was one of the ones Subteigh designed actually since I recognized the question he recently asked about from it. That's a good example of a well-designed test that strictly gauges elements and other typing criteria on their own terms.

Maybe ask @mu4 as to why he likes this test? As soon as I showed it to him (a while ago) he was very excited about it for some reason and put it up here. I never got around to asking him as to what he saw as great in this test. I personally did find certain sections great adding to my understanding of things in a shockingly effective way but in other sections I do find some questions weird, so like I said, it could be translation issues or idk what it is.
    Could be a good question to ask, for sure.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-12-2017 at 02:26 AM.