TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Starcraft eSports Personalities

The Casting Archon

Artosis aka Daniel Stemkoski - ILI - INTp (left) Tasteless aka Nicolas Plott - SLE - ESTp (right)
    Relationship (to each other): Semi-Duals

Day[9]

Day[9] aka Sean Plott - EIE - ENFJ
    Relationship (to Nick): Activity

Yay or Nay?

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a post about day9 being EIE a few weeks ago. He did an ama on reddit and described how he approaches his day as a series of relationships and how to avoid negative relations through foresight and planning. He is also clearly rational, has the work ethic of an EJ, and demonstrates overpowering control of mood when casting. Definitely agree on EIE.

I agree with your typings of Dan and Nick as well. Both seem definitively irrational. Nick has more of a presence but his analysis is very limited to what is currently happening. Artosis is much more analytical and keeps an eye on the purpose behind builds.

Curious what you think about the old pros like Idra, Huk, TLO? I am thinking ILI, SEE, and IEI. Not confident about Huk though. I remember he and Idra having a special kind of friendship after they became team mates and seemed to genuinely care about each other. On TLO I think he is a clear Fe valuing type with his visible emotional output and genuinely happy approach to the game. He is also very Te devaluing with his wacky builds (especially in the Terran days) and seems to exemplify the VS cognitive style with his unwavering faith that he will have better results in the future despite the fact that his play has been largely uncompetitive for such a great length of time.
    Last edited by Rhaegar; 11-09-2014 at 02:48 AM.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rhaegar I agree with IdrA as ILI, perhaps Te subtype due to his famous trouble with other people. I'm also going to throw iNcontroL in as SEE and IdrAs dual.

HuK.. I have no clue. Hmm, I'm going to have to think about it. He said once that he would of joined the army if he didn't become a pro gamer which makes me think valuing but not necessarily so. Beta perhaps.

TLO seems Si valuing to me. He's made a large point of being healthy and in good physical shape for someone with his occupation. He also seems like an introvert. Alpha quadra perhaps. ISFp?

To add, I've been thinking that to be good at Starcraft you have to be producing/valuing. I know that I have a hell of a time with the game because I keep losing track of everything. Still, Gulenko mentions that your role function has capacity for growth so perhaps I'm not doomed. Haha.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading your post I went and watched iNcontrol's new blog videos on YT and I concur with SEE, particularly Fi subtype. It's interesting to hear his ideas about himself if you watch his video titled iNcontrol talks: Blizzcon. He expresses his feelings about not being chosen to be a caster at Blizzcon and then he talks about how physically and vocally involved he has been in SC2 since the beginning. He has also always been known for expressing his feelings/attitude (Fi) about the game loudly. Him being IdrA's dual also makes a lot of sense given how much he always defended him and how broken up he was when Greg was released from EG. He comes across as very willful and passionate in general and definitely offers his personal feelings about things as a product. In my own personal opinion he also seems to exhibit the casual-determinist cog style. He makes simple and clear connections in his arguments and doesn't allow momentary setbacks to infiltrate his mindset that I think a negativist type would. I could go on but I think that it's a pretty solid typing.

i definitely think HuK is Se valuing and I also think he is obviously an irrational type given his movement style/flexibility, attitude towards the game (always wavering/ inconsistent motivation) and his overall quirks with hoodies and pillows and the like. Beta is an interesting idea. I would be just as open to SLE as SEE, but I have trouble figuring out his creative function. He is definitely Se subtype in either case because he doesn't offer up much Ti or Fi. Semi-dual would still explain his and IdrA's positive relations as well. Curious what you think after a look.

I like your idea of TLO being alpha. That makes sense. He has that kind of childlike wonder and enthusiasm alphas tend to have when they are mentally in a good place. As you said he is also health obsessed which could likely indicate Si-valuing. It also lends more credence to the wacky builds thing, being both Ne valuing and Te devaluing. I like this idea much better than beta actually. Wonder if he and HuK had a Mirage relation maybe. I suppose ILE is a possibility for TLO now that alpha is on the table as well because I don't think there is any chance that he could be ESE or LII. His health obsession was derived from the serious damage he did to his wrists from carpal tunnel so perhaps he has just embraced Si since its his suggestive function in the aftermath of that. It has really added to his enthusiasm. What do you think? Maybe we should pull some links and analyze the same videos.

Im not sure how much Ni valuing matters in SC. It makes sense that it would correlate with proper macro management since the focus is on an army you don't have yet, along with Te valuing. Macro is my strongest aspect in SC. I was using that tracking system that was popular a while back and had consistently masters macro scores, but My micro is complete shit. In fact I lose a lot of engagements because I am already thinking of the next army I need to create and the next battle I will fight. I usually do very well with defensive play as I am good at coming up with exactly what I need to defend attacks and no more. I scout a lot for this reason as well. My micro is the main reason I stopped playing regularly as my control is so sloppy it's laughable. I play all the races btw, but if I had to pick one Terran would be my favorite for macro mechanics because I love managing building placement and unit queue. My favorite race to play with is Zerg though because the micro is more rough and tumble. I am the only person I know who loves ZvZ for that reason. What race do you play? What do you think of the state of the game now?

i am Ni and Te valuing and I can see how that helps me to manage macro but i imagine being Si valuing has its edge in micro and control as well. Like you said, role can improve (God I hope so anyways) because I could use some finer control. I have a decent apm (about 130 on the new game counter since HoTS) but I just can't seem to convert that to solid splits, FF's, drop micro, and so on. It's embarassing when my Terran armies die to storms and banes and such because it's so cost ineffective at times it hurts. Lol
    Last edited by Rhaegar; 11-10-2014 at 07:50 PM.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rhaegar

I think HuK is more likely SLE than SEE. From my experience with Se-SEE, is that they're more personable and somewhat nervous through the solid exterior. I don't get that from him.

I agree that TLO isn't LII or ESE. His not that systematic or emotional respectively. ILE sounds plausible given his play style as you say, but he always seemed quite grounded to me. But alternatively would a SEI have such a wacky style? Hmm. I think your on to something.

I'm a Protoss at heart, but towards the end of my play I started favouring Terran to practice my macro in the trainers. I think the game is quite balanced now but I hate a lot of the design. The Protoss hero unit, Roaches T1, PFs! etc. I moved onto Brood War with a friend for a while because of it.

Perhaps when Legacy is released we can Archon mode it. Your Ni with my Si! Haha. Although I'm pretty sure that game mode is available already on the arcade as Micro-Macro.
    Last edited by Waster; 11-10-2014 at 10:13 PM.

- Stellaris