Thread: Corset training

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Corset training

This is probably not going to be advised by the majority here, but what do you think of corset training? It's recently been increasing in popularity after certain celebrities have been said to do it.

I'm close to trying it but the side effects are slightly worrying. Do you like the look of this? Would you ever do it? Have you done it? Opinions??

This woman has gotten close to the results that I would be interested in getting, I've seen certain women who have freakishly tiny waists and that is not the look I'm going for. Just a more defined hour glass shape. Of course, I'm also starting to work out and I'm not relying on it for weight loss, it's the shape I like.

And, ok, I know Kim K is the Anti-Christ but she looks amazing here :

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what kind of negative side effects?
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, ok..those are different than the corsets for sure. If the corset doesn't work i will probably try those since they seem a lot healthier. I could really go for this to get my waist down for my yearly physical.

I went ahead and bought this corset:
    http://www.alt-noir.com/steel-bone-b...rset-5314.html

I'll see how it goes and test it out for like a month or so. Even if it doesn't work, it's still gorgeous...maybe I'll use it for play time or something lol.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would think it would work better if worn as a child while the bones are still developing, the way heads or feet have been shaped in the past. Or is it meant to change the tummy, not the ribcage? If so, why not use a wide belt instead?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not making any case for it, one way or the other. I like the look, I'd also worry abt health implications. Even though light corseting is not that extreme, I expect.

I mean, when I was pregnant all my internal organs were temporarily displaced. They shifted back into place postpartum. The human form is somewhat malleable.

So I would also wonder abt maintenance requirements.

The history is interesting, the following discusses thinness and self-starvation as developing along with the (tight-laced) corset:

CORSETS, OF COURSE
    It isn't the first time this frustrating condition has run rampant among young women. During the 19th century -- perhaps the only other period in history when the size and shape of the female form were as widely opined upon as it is today -- a woman was nothing without her waspish waistline. Yes, if ever there was a fashion trend that changed the course of medical history, the corset was it.

At the time, England's prim and proper attitude towards sex had a trickle-down effect that compromised the health of the nation. The common wisdom dictated that women who ate a lot, especially in public, were also wildcats in the bedroom. Those who could not control their appetite for food were similarly powerless against their appetite for sex. Nobody wanted to give the false impression that they were unable to restrain themselves, lest the nation descend into debauchery and immorality, so thin became the ideal. Painfully thin would be a better way to describe it, since the popular but cruel whale-boned corsets of the day reduced women's waists to grotesque proportions and distorted the growth of teenage girls everywhere.

This dreadful garment, particularly favoured by women in the upper levels of society, was an extreme in itself. It employed a structural support network of fabric reinforced by whale baleen and even steel, with laces tightened by one's dressing maid to the point of near-death. Even children were given training corsets from a very young age to prepare them for the rigors of the real thing. Of course, the less body fat there was to displace, the easier it was to wear the corset -- and the more desirable the silhouette -- so legions of young ladies added self-starvation into the mix. By the age of 14, respectable young women were expected to be in full corsets, the constricting garment restricting any last possible chance at child-like play or comfort. Life, from then on, was stiff.

The combination of fasting and fashion -- as well as organ damage in the form of liver, lung and stomach displacement caused by "tight-lacing," as it was called -- had Victorian women everywhere fainting and swooning their lives away. It actually got to the point where women were not able to support the weight of their upper bodies without their corset, so weakened and distorted did their ribcages and spines become over time. The ideal waistline was bearing down on 50 centimetres, but the smaller the better. Stories abounded of girls dying from their livers being punctured by their own ribs, or livers and stomachs being slowly cut in half by too-tight corsets, though no actual proof exists.

Many physicians decried the practice, and great public debates ensued about the safety of corseting and the habits of self-starvation it encouraged. Still, few doctors did anything about it, nor could they had they wanted to. The fact was, men of the day were charmed by tiny waists, as well as impressed by the degree of suffering women endured to achieve it on their account.
    ETA: here someone did an MRI of corseted organs:

http://lucycorsetry.com/category/phy...-of-corseting/
    Last edited by golden; 11-01-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got mine in the mail yesterday. The longest I can even tolerate wearing it is like 20 minutes. You can't even sit in this thing comfortably, how do women wear this for hours on end?? I'm not even pulling it that tight and I can barely breathe or move and it's too noticeable to wear underneath clothes.

It looks super awesome as a costume piece though lol

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

PICS!!

I received mine too, I did not try to wear it yet thought.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im kind of curious if this will make my stomach look worse. I mean, I don't have a flat stomach so where does the fat go? Does it pool all in the middle or something like how it looks after having kids? IDK, it was expensive so i'll give it a shot but I don't think this will be a thing i do often, way too uncomfortable. The only time i could see wearing it would be before sex or when you're sleeping.

It makes me look like I have a tiny waist so that is awesome but it's too bulky to wear under clothes. And then I get this bulge in the back where it pushes my fat up so it looks like i have back boobs. I do feel like it helps keep your posture really well. IDK.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Looks hot! I see it's a short version.

I should have ordered 20", the 22 one is a bit too large, and I struggle to put it alone.
    I manage to breath too. They say that you need to start gradually, like 2 hours per day at the beginning.

I could go out while wearing it I think, it looks decent, maybe a bit goth, but quite ok.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck all of you!

Creepy-male

Hi ladies, would you mind binding your feet next? I find it pretty...just because. thannnnnx

Attachment 4715
    Last edited by male; 11-12-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Hi ladies, would you mind binding your feet next? I find it pretty...just because. thannnnnx

Attachment 4715
    No I already have tiny feet but thanks for the suggestion

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be tiny Kore lol I'm not gonna say what size mine is LOL

Are you going to be doing it daily? I should take progress pics

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    You must be tiny Kore lol I'm not gonna say what size mine is LOL

Are you going to be doing it daily? I should take progress pics
    I am French size 34/36 don't know what it is in the US conversion.
    I am tempted to try it, just to see if it works...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Oh god this is a little scary.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Haha what a stupid thread.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Timeline

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a simply brilliant idea!! i am leaping for joy that you showed me this wonderful sport! !!!!!
    all these years i have struggled to be just a little prettier than i already am

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know !!!! I can't wait to start puking after meals too just to really get that hourglass figure.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I know !!!! I can't wait to start puking after meals too just to really get that hourglass figure.

Lol, you can't be both the initiator and the mocker.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    It works very well. You just have to make sure you actually work out and eat right while wearing it. A lot of girls think they can just wear the waist trainer and it'll magically make them slim. Nope, you have to put in the work along with it. Work out in it when you can. Lots of water, fiber, avoid trans fats, etc.

The hairstylists I work with use them, and the only ones who are really getting results from it are the ones who actually train with it on, etc.
    I can't imagine working out with it..is that even possible? I used to wear the cheap ones with the plastic ribbing and even then i could barely even sit down lol. I haven't really researched and seen what it looks like on women who have a lot of loose skin on their stomachs...I imagine it would look very odd. Like a barbie with a melting stomach or something LOL

Allie, the health risks are that it squishes and realigns all of your internal organs (supposedly). I didn't want to make it a continuous thing, just mild shaping so hopefully it wouldn't do any of that kind of damage. A nice, more defined curve would be awesome.