Thread: Personal Examples: E1

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Personal Examples: E1

I think it would be helpful to describe examples of the etypes. So readers can discuss and/or help improve understandings. Not all examples need to be of the e-type in first place.

-----

I hate making decisions, so have been trying to figure out a way to automate what we cook for dinner. I will brainstorm ideas, settle on a system, get excited, and then start noticing problems with it. Which sends me off to rebrainstorming. Anyways, the day before yesterday I found a neat little meal planning system that might fit our requirements. It's simple:
    Mondays is mexican food,
    tuesdays is eastern,
    wednesdays is usamerican,
    thursday is asian,
    friday is mediterranean,
    saturday is seafood,
    sunday is simple meals like salad, soup, sandwiches, etc.

I bought the lady's ebooks which lay out what to prep and which day, as well as her recipes which are based on using dried foods and mixes. (Her system includes storing a year supply of food.) Anyways, I was excited. Yesterday I printed some of it out so I could show R. But then this afternoon, just before I went to show him, I realized that I'm going to have to redo a decent chunk of her books. Not only is the ordering of her ebooks/info not user friendly, but her rotational meal plan is poorly written. For example, for wtfss she lists meal options withing their categories. But for mon and tue, she lists parts of a meal option. It's the difference between saying choose from spaghetti or pizza, to choosing pasta, sauce, garlic bread, pizza dough. It was enough to confuse R when I showed him the plan as was.

As I go through it, I keep noticing other errors and confusing stuff. I'm frustrated because I can't just pick up and use the system as is. I'm going to have to reorganize it. Which I actually don't like doing.

This isn't an isolated example, either. This need to reorganize books, how information is presented in a book or class, how a system is presented....argh. I can't seem to study something without wanting to fix the problems I keep noticing about it. And worse, I am not at all organized myself! Though the lack of drives me nuts. But it's not like I could ever be organized, because I would just keep noticing problems with it and thinking of ways it could be improved. *headdesk*

Edited to add: i just heard this and it seems to fit: Vision without Execution is Hallucination.
    Last edited by anndelise; 10-29-2014 at 11:39 PM.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought the main character in the book "The Iron Ring" was an excellent example of enneagram 1.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I thought the main character in the book "The Iron Ring" was an excellent example of enneagram 1.
    I doubt I would read that book. Will you describe the main character and how he'd be an example of e1?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I doubt I would read that book. Will you describe the main character and how he'd be an example of e1?
    The story is set in an India-like land and has a lot to do with the caste system. The main character is very focused on living up to the station he was born into, doing things right. When he loses all hope of living up to his station, his world falls apart. To me, that part was as horrible as the death of a favorite character, in a "what's the point/how can I go on" sort of way. But the catastrophe turns out to be freeing, as being unable do be correct means there is no need to try anymore. (Now that I think of it, it's like the concept of "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast," which is also freeing due to inability.)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.