Thread: Enneagram 3 vs C-PTSD

Default Enneagram 3 vs C-PTSD

Hey, so I’ve known for a long time that I’m a 3 (3w4 specifically), but I can’t tell where the shame from the defense mechanism / cognitive distortion of being a 3 ends and where it begins sometimes due to my C-PTSD.

To make things clear I’m wondering what’s the difference between being unlovable for being yourself and your feelings as a 3 and the shame of feeling unlovable, broken, and feeling like a terrible person that’s caused by my C-PTSD? Like it feels the shame from both
    mix together and I’m not sure how to know which is my mental illness and which is my enneagram sometimes. Hopefully somebody on here has an answer, because I’d appreciate any responses and advice.

I’ve been asking around other places and I was wondering if anybody on here has any insight?

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamablueberrymadeoflove View Post
    Hey, so I’ve known for a long time that I’m a 3 (3w4 specifically), but I can’t tell where the shame from the defense mechanism / cognitive distortion of being a 3 ends and where it begins sometimes due to my C-PTSD.

To make things clear I’m wondering what’s the difference between being unlovable for being yourself and your feelings as a 3 and the shame of feeling unlovable, broken, and feeling like a terrible person that’s caused by my C-PTSD? Like it feels the shame from both
    mix together and I’m not sure how to know which is my mental illness and which is my enneagram sometimes. Hopefully somebody on here has an answer, because I’d appreciate any responses and advice.

I’ve been asking around other places and I was wondering if anybody on here has any insight?
    How long have you had PTSD for, can you recall times before it? Do you recall feeling shame, etc. back then?

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh, I would recommend saying screw Enneagram and just working on healing your PTSD. Maybe you could come back to it after you think you have healed more.