Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionaire (LC)

Some stuff for the haystack

What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Love... no idea how to put that into words but it usually impairs people's ability to use common sense.

What are your most important values?

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    Nope. Doesn't give me anything. It's just something circling somewhere in the universe (i.e.in peoples minds), nothing you can "grab". Other than that...

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Considering humans nature there will always be militaries and wars are inevitable. Can't have the former and exclude the latter anyways.

Military is for people who like (or at least don't mind) rules, rules, rules and even more rules and who like to toe the line, be bossed around and yelled at for no reason and execute fucking stupid/senseless orders... and are stupid enough to think/believe they would "serve their country" when in fact they are just their government's tool.

Wars to me are only acceptable in cases of self-defense, i.e. as a response to an armed attack either on yourself or an ally and as such nations act on behalf of its ally.
    Using military force against another nation or so-called "nonstate actors" without being attacked before to prevent an "imminent" armed attack or in advance in anticipation of an attack (i.e.w/o facing an "imminent" armed attack and w/o having specific evidence that a specific attack could take place sometime in the future or something and far away from any battlefield) are not cases of self-defense. Key question, what constitutes an "imminent" attack (quite ambiguous term).

Information is power !
    Also, power is being capable, able and willing to act or when your actions affect things, if you get someone to do what he normally wouldn't do or what you want him to do. However, power is not the ability to control others. Also, too much power is dangerous as history has shown because people/Govt's aren't capable of dealing with too much power well. Hence, power is both... a blessing and a curse.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Almost anything, actually. Sports, politics, social issues... but depends on the interlocutor.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    When I start talking about health I'm getting old.

What do you think of daily chores?
    That question never occured to me! Anyway, much ado about nothing. If something needs to be done it must be done.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Films: Good Will Hunting, Rambo XV, When Harry Met Sally, Highlander, Knight Moves, The Hunt for Red October, Goodfellas, Philladelphia, American History X, The Departed, Mississippi Burning, French Connection, Basic Instinct, The Silence of the Lambs, The Godfather, The Sixth Sense, Mercury Rising, Seven, The Name of the Rose, Mr & Mrs Smith, movie with scene "Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You?...." fucking hilarious!! and others I may or may not have mentioned on here somewhere.

As for reading books:

just waaaaay too monotonous

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    A really good and very intense movie (scene) may have the potential to make me cry, otherwise not good for picture time.

Many little things make me smile, amongst others comments or drama and pissing-matches on forums and stuff.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Broadly speaking, outside. Strolling through the town/shopping excluded !

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Hahaha... now this is prolly the most dreaded part of the questionaire lol Anyway, no need to be upset with your weaknesses. Just find the middle road. So...

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Now we come to the part where one can brag about oneself... *chuckles
    But...
    So, no need to shout it from the housetops!

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Naw... AWAY WITH THAT FUCKING STUPID QUESTION!

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Like: intelligence, mental strength and toughness, objectivity, fairness, loyalty, honesty, bluntness or even being a straight asshole, open-mindedness, tolerance, patience, passion, enthusiasm, generosity, people who think for themselves, when people ACTUALLY DO WHAT THEY SAY and people who are real are the first things that come to mind.

Dislike: Oh dear! The list is endless but the first things that come to mind are ignorance, apathy, selfishness/greedy, subjectivity, closed-mindness, intolerance, hypocrisy, arse-licking/sycophancy, intrigue, manipulation, bitchiness, egoism, hypersensitivity, clingyness, dishonesty, inflexibility, ...people who jump to conclusions, people who are violent bully-like people, submit to a herd mentality (pretty wide-spread phenomenon, though) or blow with the wind, unwilling to think for themselves and so just parot what they're told or have heard/read, people who twist everything you say, phlegmatic people and those who take forever to do every little thing and/or fall asleep while talking, people who are like statues…. and and and

I get along best with people who agree 100% with me. Naw, on a more serious note, I get along with everyone if I have to (job) or want to, except those who try to extract my perception of reality and replace it with their own sick perception of reality. So manipulators and psychopath in particular are out.
    But in general its easier to get along with people who are a bit rough, have a really good sense of humor and don't take everything I say serious and talking to them is not like pulling teeth...and I get along with men better than with most women lol

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    No checklist here but intelligence, fun-loving, good sense of humor/gets my sense of humor, down-to-earth approach, independency, emotional stability, enthusiasm, passion, s.o.who is able to let me live my life on my own, is into sporting activity, cool with money (nothing's worse than a cheapskate)... and he must accept that I will always love my 4-legged buddies more than him.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    That it gets a RFID chip implanted, that is has an expensive taste. One a more serious note, I wouldn't raise a child cos I do not think you do a child a favor to throw it into this world.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    They don't! Never! lol Anyway, depends on who said what 'n stuff. If it's someone I respect and thus whose views I usually do not regard as preposterous I want him to present "his case" to see what his claims are based on and weigh it against my own. If it's without loopholes and makes sense... >sigh< I may still disagree but finally accept it. Inward reaction is something like, Huh? Strange stuff!
    If it's "just a friend" (i.e.more like a acquaintance) anything is possible lol, perhaps trying to convince him that he's wrong or playing devil's advocate for fun, showing outright comtempt, bullshit him or simply ignore what was being said and just move on with whatever I do atm or find more interesting...

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Society is totally fucked up and its existence is the root cause of all social problems, be it racism, classism , discrimination, social injustice, brigery / corruption or whatever. Face it, mankind is the worst creation EVER! People suck, they are ignorant, selfish/greedy, apathetic and there's always an ulterior motive which is the reason why society (and the world) is in such a dire state, spiral downward tendency.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    Don't choose them. But it's usually just similiar interests, and then it just happens.... or it doesn't. I behave just the way I am. Keep in mind, if your friends are appalled by your behavior you have the wrong fucking friends!

How do you behave around strangers?
    Business = polite. Other than that no general approach except that one shouldn't be too careless when behaving around strangers cos you never know if you'll meet that person again at some time later and he might be of use for you... but depends, I may also act however I want to at that very moment. Basically, I know how I behave around strangers at the very moment it happens.

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is either purely coincidental or the product of a feverish imagination. If the latter condition persists, please consult a physician.

Attached pic is not for typing purposes, just for our NSA & GCHQ asshats!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LauriesCrusador; 12-03-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: reposted pic that disappeared
    "The spirit of resistance to government
    is so valuable on certain occasions,
    that I wish it to be always kept alive.
    It will often be exercised when wrong
    but better so than not to be exercised at all.
    I like a little rebellion now and then.
    It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

are you LII?

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    are you LII?
    No way!!
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ok

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Waaaah cool questionnaire.
    EXTX for sure.
    Maybe merry over serious. So EXTP.

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys suck! You made me lose ALL my bets and lungs, of all people, led the way by posting right after I opened this thread (which means treating my friends to a meal in a steakhouse). I will never forget sister !!
    The other one cost me a crate of beer and the third one.... I'm not gonna tell ya lol

Now that it can't get worse drop all inhibitions and let your thoughts run wild!
    Thomas Jefferson

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

socionics: lse
    enneagram: 1w2
    stacking: sx/so
    NPA style: npa
    Freudian type: superego

okay, next

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i thought LII/ILI for some reason, so... sorry?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESTj. You seem Te/Fi valuing and Delta STs seem to like memes.

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T consensus. Alright.

Some stuff in a nutshell, S > N which makes me some ST fucker. But no matter how one proceeds from there on it doesn't really make sense.

The walk, work, sports and temperament in picture thingy ROFL http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...8-Temperaments is an easy one. EP. Favorite sitting position is 3rd pic second line followed closely by first line 2nd pic, and first line 1st pic.

Anyway, in Reficulris and lungs defense, I have to say that there's an LII description out there that is not "so bad" lol but IJ temperament???

E1, huh? Don't know much about enneagram but it's the perfectionist freak, right? Well, my personal philosophy is that if something is worth doing, it’s worth doing properly or in other words I try to come to perfection as close as possible. But, unlike perfectionists, it doesn't ruin my day or prevent me from trying/doing again if I fail or the result is only almost perfect. Quite the contrary, I see it more as a learning experimence.

Anyhow, any input that helps(-ed) to increase the haystack is(was) appreciated.
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Again EXTP.
    Just a hunch.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I agree with Persephone.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am going to agree with @Persephone and @Aylen to get people to like me.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I am going to agree with @Persephone and @Aylen to get people to like me.

It's like looking in a mirror, riight??

It is very disconcerting when people change types on me.

Ok, I'm done.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-23-2014 at 08:51 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti creative impression from the first lines. The overall vibe and use of memes - more Ne than Se/Ni. sorry, I may read the rest later.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

laurie's type isn't hard to see...she's got a superego the size of mount rushmore.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Hahahaha. That was a great one!
    Thomas Jefferson

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I've noticed a lot of the site veterans stay away from "type me" threads, and I think I'm starting to see why. You can't approach this from a superficial angle or you won't learn anything. Maybe you should stay away from enneagram?

I have no clue about your typing, but let me say this. Going online and telling people "I'm this way, I'm not like that" isn't really the most direct way to approach this stuff. Most people come off different over the internet, so if you're interested in getting an accurate typing, post some photos or, even better, a video. You can talk about yourself there and it'll be easier for people to help you find your type. If you're really worried about putting your image out there, you should talk to people in chatbox. Like, a lot. Ultimately you have to sift through the bs yourself.

ETA Sorry if this came off as prickly - I'm actually really happy to help, if you're serious.

Signed,
    Some ST fucker
    LOL This didn't come off as prickly at all. Everything's cool !

As for the site veterans, no idea why they stay away from "type me" threads but I, personally, do not type others because I do not know peoples motives.

And yeah, ultimately you have to sift through the bs yourself. Couldn't agree more. Nonetheless, I'll nail you down on your offer in a couple of weeks when I'm back, that is if you're still around! Cheers!
    Thomas Jefferson

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@everyone else, thanks for throwing your thoughts/ideas/vibes 'n stuff into the ring.
    Thomas Jefferson