Thread: Comic/Manga Thread

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Comic/Manga Thread

Comic and Manga Thread

Some amazing series I really enjoyed reading (I advise you to read only the paper version, they are the best IMO)

Monster:
    Monster-Screen-01.jpg

From Wikipedia: "The story revolves around Kenzō Tenma, a Japanese surgeon living in Germany whose life enters turmoil after getting himself involved with Johan Liebert, one of his former patients who is revealed to be a dangerous psychopath."
    That's the plot and this is amazing. The characters are researched, the story is very well-written, it is really an amazing story, I can't really put it into words.

20th Century Boys & Pluto;
    20th-century-boys3.jpg & pluto-v01p001.jpg

From the same author (Naoki Urasawa).

Pluto is actually on more or less the same level as Monster. The plot is simple as hell (like in all his stories) but the story and the characters are so well written and he does things with your brain that is truly amazing (i.e read it)
    From Wikipedia (coz they say it nicely): "Pluto follows the European robot detective Gesicht in his attempts to solve the case of a string of robot and human deaths. The case becomes more puzzling when evidence suggests a robot is responsible for the murders, the first one in eight years."

I'm actually reading 20th Century Boys, I haven't finished it, still at the beginning but it seems good as well, thought not as good as the two others IMO. (Sigh, they are all amazingly good anyways, read them!)

Comics :-D

It's an english forum so I won't paste to you all the amazing french comics (Bandes dessinées), so I'm staying with the english one that you can find (which is a shame because there are LOADS of amazing stuff in french <3)

I just finished this one recently (well the volumes that are out, one is still to end the serie), let's say one character really got me into it, otherwise it's not that amazing. Let's say it's something to read when you are a bit bored: Loke & Key
    Joehilllockekey.jpg

There is one guy in this serie that is manipulating everyone and it is so funny to watch him do it. The plot actually evolves during the serie and it's very coherent.
    Last edited by Mega; 09-11-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Forgot to write the resume of series : (((

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSpongeUSA View Post
    Comic and Manga Thread

Some amazing series I really enjoyed reading (I advise you to read only the paper version, they are the best IMO)

Monster:
    Monster-Screen-01.jpg

From Wikipedia: "The story revolves around Kenzō Tenma, a Japanese surgeon living in Germany whose life enters turmoil after getting himself involved with Johan Liebert, one of his former patients who is revealed to be a dangerous psychopath."
    That's the plot and this is amazing. The characters are researched, the story is very well-written, it is really an amazing story, I can't really put it into words.

20th Century Boys & Pluto;
    20th-century-boys3.jpg & pluto-v01p001.jpg

From the same author (Naoki Urasawa).

Pluto is actually on more or less the same level as Monster. The plot is simple as hell (like in all his stories) but the story and the characters are so well written and he does things with your brain that is truly amazing (i.e read it)
    From Wikipedia (coz they say it nicely): "Pluto follows the European robot detective Gesicht in his attempts to solve the case of a string of robot and human deaths. The case becomes more puzzling when evidence suggests a robot is responsible for the murders, the first one in eight years."

I'm actually reading 20th Century Boys, I haven't finished it, still at the beginning but it seems good as well, thought not as good as the two others IMO. (Sigh, they are all amazingly good anyways, read them!)

Comics :-D

It's an english forum so I won't paste to you all the amazing french comics (Bandes dessinées), so I'm staying with the english one that you can find (which is a shame because there are LOADS of amazing stuff in french <3)

I just finished this one recently (well the volumes that are out, one is still to end the serie), let's say one character really got me into it, otherwise it's not that amazing. Let's say it's something to read when you are a bit bored: Loke & Key
    Joehilllockekey.jpg

There is one guy in this serie that is manipulating everyone and it is so funny to watch him do it. The plot actually evolves during the serie and it's very coherent.
    locke and key is awesome didn't read the others yet.

Creepy-male

Attachment 4900

Berserk

The first manga I've ever read and I am enthralled by it. It's a dark fantasy story about a lone anti-hero named Guts who traverses a medieval world in ruin. I'm not quite sure where the story is going exactly because I just started it but man alive the illustration is just so well done and the story is hard and dark as fuck from the get go. It has elements of horror in it and it is violently gruesome. Yeah totally hooked.

The last comic booky thing I really enjoyed was when I was a kid -- Calvin and Hobbes. Other than that I'm not very familiar with the medium.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Attachment 4900

Berserk

The first manga I've ever read and I am enthralled by it. The illustration is just so well done and the story is hard as fuck from the get go. I'm in the middle of volume 1 -- but yeah totally hooked.

The last comic booky thing I really enjoyed was when I was a kid -- Calvin and Hobbes. Other than that I'm not very familiar with the medium.
    Woooooah, and volume 1 kinda sucked to me. You're in for a treat. The arc to come is one of the best arcs I've seen in manga. Not really caught up though, in the chapter 100s. Really great series, fucked up shit happens plenty too.

And good taste, @Megaballs, Monster is a great series. Anime is in my top 5, watched it twice. I heard Guillermo Del Toro was trying to make it into a HBO series. I've read like 30 chapters of 20th century boys but it never hooked me.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Woooooah, and volume 1 kinda sucked to me. You're in for a treat. The arc to come is one of the best arcs I've seen in manga. Not really caught up though, in the chapter 100s. Really great series, fucked up shit happens plenty too.

And good taste, @Megaballs, Monster is a great series. Anime is in my top 5, watched it twice. I heard Guillermo Del Toro was trying to make it into a HBO series. I've read like 30 chapters of 20th century boys but it never hooked me.
    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, MY LOVE

Also, I got an anime list here: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Megablabla
    Look in my friend list, the "Moonkia" guy is an IEI, he's alike you, you should like what he has liked
    @McBain, Yup Berserk is insanely gruesome, if you are in this kind of thing, you'll never be unsatisfied. But imo the storyline is a bit "flat", you are a bit bored at some point. The only thing that keep you going is the goreness of the art and the words and the thinking process. The guy is shating on every morality there might be in the world. (fuck fi, fi is for pussay )

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, MY LOVE

Also, I got an anime list here: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Megablabla
    Look in my friend list, the "Moonkia" guy is an IEI, he's alike you, you should like what he has liked
    @McBain, Yup Berserk is insanely gruesome, if you are in this kind of thing, you'll never be unsatisfied. But imo the storyline is a bit "flat", you are a bit bored at some point. The only thing that keep you going is the goreness of the art and the words and the thinking process. The guy is shating on every morality there might be in the world. (fuck fi, fi is for pussay )
    Is that the IEI who baits you, too? And yeah, his list is so-so. Maybe like 5 or less I've seen or would give a chance. *props up glasses*

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that the IEI who baits you, too?
    What? who, where, when?
    And yeah, his list is so-so.
    ?
    Maybe like 5 or less I've seen or would give a chance. *props up glasses*

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What? who, where, when?

?

lol cute.
    Remember when I was messing with you in chatbox once, you said an IEI friend of yours does something similar and backs down when things get heated or something? But yeah, your friend looks like an anime/manga novice, nothing wrong with that of course.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol cute.
    Remember when I was messing with you in chatbox once, you said an IEI friend of yours does something similar and backs down when things get heated or something? But yeah, your friend looks like an anime/manga novice, nothing wrong with that of course.
    Say that to him, prepare to get shit stormed hardcore
    Or maybe he'll just say something along the line of "Yeah you're right, but I have to watch *huge anime list* *then add a little more*" or u might just get shitstormed hardocre but I think I already said that, didn't I?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Say that to him, prepare to get shit stormed hardcore
    Or maybe he'll just say something along the line of "Yeah you're right, but I have to watch *huge anime list* *then add a little more*" or u might just get shitstormed hardocre but I think I already said that, didn't I?
    lmao, made me chuckle. He's a dramatic one, isn't he?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao, made me chuckle. He's a dramatic one, isn't he?
    Ye kinda but he's fun

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In truth nothing else much surprises me anymore. The SJWs have fully captured everything with the exception of the anime/manga sector. This is the prime reason why the "alt-right" has taken to it for meme generation. Hot anime chicks in MAGA hats and the like is a thing and it just so happens to rustle the jimmies of the GOPe and all its SJW supporters.

Seriously though, we need to purge the SJWs, they are a threat to Western Civilization. When looked at overall you'd find that the West really is the best. Gay Rights? We've been allowing that since Plato, everyone else wanted em' dead or ostracized. Free Speech? Who do ya think invented the term. I could go on and on and on but suffice it to say Western Civilization has a whole lot to be proud of. Sins? Yeah we committed a few, hell we even partook in slavery. Who ended the slave trade once and for all as a mainstream force? The west. Boom, you're welcome slaves, now please stop hating us for doing so. It's getting rather fucking old to be blamed for the very practice we ended the fastest out of any other significant civilization. Just putting that one out there. You really want to incentivize the end of slavery, for the alternative is to encourage it and, well, the "master" race wasn't called so for no good reason. They'll win, cuz' end of the day, they got the guns.

Take it from a redneck, the arsenal is well stocked with very powerful arms. You really don't want to see a situation where people like me vote from the rooftops. And we will if it comes down to it, it is what we've always done and always will do. You can have our guns, when you pry it from our cold dead hands and loot it from our now unguarded caches. Not one minute or soul before .
    Last edited by End; 08-16-2016 at 05:26 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blade of the Immortal . . . : ( . . . : ?

This was from a while ago. I don't know why I read this so young, I think it says something about the way I was raised.

It follows a killer for hire who has killed 100 people and encountered a mysterious nun who gives him sacred bloodworms that live inside his flesh and repair it when damaged, rendering him essentially immortal. He does not, however, want to be immortal and is able to make a deal with the nun. If he can kill 1000 more men to atone for the previous 100 she will deal with his immortality.

The manga has intense, graphic violence.

Gore behind the cut. These aren't the most intense scenes, but just some stills.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh my gosh my winner weeb is leaking out

Berserk and Gantz are both fucking crazy I LOVE THEM THO. i have no idea what chapter i stopped on in Berserk though-- 200-something?????? but from what I read it was really good. Gantz was good until the climax arc imo because?? it felt like each chapter was all just boom and bang and no substance... but the manga is solid overall if you can ignore the weakass ending.

i just started reading Psyche to Mata Shite mo (boy who gets the power to turn back time after DYING) and the art style is a bit different from what i'm usually used to but the story is interesting. it took off to a slow start, but then it starts picking up after a couple of chapters. reminds me of Puella Madoka a bit except shounen. lol

“You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Killing Stalking", an award-winning horror/suspense Manhwa, the name says it all. Highly NSFW and hardcore, stop here if you're not into that.

Plot teaser:
    A young introverted boy, Yoonbum, decides to stalk his very charming and smart crush named Sangwoo who is loved by everyone.He manages to break into the latter's suburb home, almost getting caught by the local police officer. By chance, he finds a tortured female hostage in the cellar. "Crush" catches him while he's at it. And is revealed to be a homophobic, bat-wielding hunk with mom issues. And he's not charming at all in private. Unfortunately, Yoonbum behaves exactly like said mom and is therefore turned into her feminized household substitute under the threat of mutilation. What follows is a mess of abuse, anxiety, gore, control, dependency. Blood and tension are everywhere, the only hope is that one police officer who is surrounded by useless colleagues.

And I'm here waiting for season 2 ;~;

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya is a classic imo. Every time I see the first episode I feel like re-watching the entire series but then I remember Endless Eight (anyone who has watched it will know what I mean... )

The light novels which continue the story are well worth the read for anyone who has only watched the anime

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BACCANO!

(really both the anime and manga are amazing, and I usually prefer the manga)

Baccano lives with me forever~

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ One Punch Man comes in very close second to Baccano for me, but Baccano is my favorite manga.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dengeki Daisy!!!
    I think the girl is IEE and he's SLI!
    It's one of the best shoujo manga ever made for me.
    The relationship between them is very pure and honest.
    And reading it, you see how they both strive to improve especially the SLI.
    As he tries to repent for his sin.
    It also shows you i guess the relation between caregivers and infantiles.
    It's perfect, this kind of relation between them, I always dreamed to experience.

The girl called Teru is kind, forgiving, perceptive and she has some weird behaviors.
    While he is rude, lazy, very protective but he's seen by Teru as very gentle and caring.

8c6d5bde84c300dd9e5160cc10009dbae6d4a4ca_hq.jpg 2e7cd5c287e5bbae6fbe5d9e765832c1.jpg teru_chan_by_mathelt-d2a3a46.jpg9613821e82d669ed9edffa5603198b8f.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kernel; 06-26-2017 at 02:33 PM.