Thread: Fatherless Kids Fun Facts

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fatherless Kids Fun Facts

I was looking at some statistics that state 33% of US Children are raised in fatherless homes and then I started looking at the consequences:

• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (Source: U.S. D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census)
    • 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes (Source: Center for Disease Control)
    • 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes (Source: Criminal Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26, 1978.)
    • 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes (Source: National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools.)
    • 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes (Source: U.S. Dept. of Justice, Special Report, Sept 1988)
    • 85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home (Source: Fulton Co. Georgia jail populations, Texas Dept. of Corrections 1992)

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add a culture that makes sees men as dispendable (incarceration and war) and the recipe is perfect for aggression!
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I was looking at some statistics that state 33% of US Children are raised in fatherless homes and then I started looking at the consequences:

• 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (Source: U.S. D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census)
    • 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes (Source: Center for Disease Control)
    • 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes (Source: Criminal Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26, 1978.)
    • 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes (Source: National Principals Association Report on the State of High Schools.)
    • 70% of juveniles in state-operated institutions come from fatherless homes (Source: U.S. Dept. of Justice, Special Report, Sept 1988)
    • 85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home (Source: Fulton Co. Georgia jail populations, Texas Dept. of Corrections 1992)
    Do you know if they secluded race as a variable in this study? I be really interested to know how this factors in? Or gender/ses?

also, that data is like mad old brah.

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"all dwarves are bastards in their father's eyes" Tyrion Lannister