Thread: Intraquadra ease of communication - gradation?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Intraquadra ease of communication - gradation?

Intraquadra ease of communication - what would be the gradation?

Identicals the easiest to communicate with, then mirrors, then duals, then activators? Hmmm...?

Duality and activation are supposed to be good interactions function-wise due to the other party fully or partially covering the "deficits" in IEs... however in daily interactions without the "us against the world" - which would be the easiest relations communication-wise?

Personally - like mentioned above - I'd think:
    identicals would be the easiest due to the same IEs in ego block in the same positions,
    then mirrors (and the convos could probably be a bit more interesting due to varied viewpoints resulting from same IEs but in different positions in ego block),
    then duals cause you get in the convo the receptiveness to the IEs you have in your ego block without the need to "tweak" too much
    then activators cause you still get in the convo the receptiveness to the IEs you have in your ego block, but you need to "tweak" the way you speak more than with duals if you want to be understood...

This doesn't mean identical relations would necessarily be the most interesting, just easiest. Mirrors could probably debate for hours, duals would either talk or just enjoy each others company and activators would be most prone to miscommunication/irritation.

What do you guys think??

If there's already a thread covering this topic - I'll welcome redirecting me to it

EDIT: given my current knowledge, I'd reorder and say easiest identity, dual, mirror, activity in terms of long term communication, activity being easy to start, but also getting grating long-term.
    Last edited by aisa; 02-26-2015 at 06:45 PM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd always been under the impression that of the intraquadra relations, mirror is the least comfortable (they criticize and make you think, but they get you), activity probably the quickest/easiest (but need a break from each other), dual is the easiest/most comfy. IDK about identicals, probably also easy and pleasant, and have similar thoughts but dont really feed off each other.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda think Activity is the easiest, followed by Identical, then Dual and then Mirror.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool topic! I'm not sure i could rank them by ease necessarily, as much as I could preference. I get something different out of each, so that seems easier to note than pure "ease". But truthfully I think activity is the easiest right off the bat.

Activity (LSE) is always an immediate draw and ease in many ways, but upon extended exposure, i don't find full satisfaction with them if they dominate conversation, as they're usually rapid in their thought processes. (in my experience) However they're super easy to hit it off with immediately.

Identicals usually lure me with intrigue, as if Ive stumbled upon their secret the moment I realize they're my identical. Kindred spirits draw ease of communication, but I usually don't recognize it in terms of "ease" as much as intrigue or some nostalgic feeling. I do find myself longing for more exposure to them, though.

As for duals, im not sure that i would instantly recognize ease with SLI until I got to know them. As a stranger, I think I'd be hypnotized more than "at ease" in conversation, and much more in the pilot's seat for leading conversation. But as relations deepen, extended exposure and familiarity bring comfort, ease, and an almost telekinetic connection. At least that's how my husband and I are-I usually know what he's thinking but never fully realize it until we talk about it.

Not sure this really answered your question. Activity seems easiest as strangers.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I kinda think Activity is the easiest, followed by Identical, then Dual and then Mirror.
    I agree with Radio

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Identical, Dual, Mirror, Activity
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Identical, Dual, Mirror, Activity
    Same. My mom is LSI and I don't seem to have much ease in being understood by her. She thinks I am a child still, or something like that, and need to be prodded and worried about even though I have proven I can be creative in providing for myself. She goes to my younger sister (EII) for advice which is annoying because I tell her the same thing anyway, just different words. I think I communicate with my IEI brother and another IEI family member best and all we do is talk and agree on most things. My closest SLE (family member) and I have the most fun together and we often interact without using words and totally understand what the other is expressing. One of my best friends is EIE and he and I communicate pretty well but he doesn't get it when I don't want to go out and pushes a bit too hard to get me going.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Ni 1w2 5w6 2w3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Now that you mention it, I wonder if that has something to do with being an extrovert? Are extroverts in the same quadra more immediately attractive to introverts as well? Or are introverts initially drawn to other introverts?
    I've always been drawn to over the top socialites, ranging from my dual, to my mirage and even my conflict on one occasion. Whereas creative subtypes bore me, even my dual.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Duals, identicals, mirrors, then activity.
    Duals stimulate the conversation most because there is an enjoyable give and take aspect to the conversations that you don’t get with identicals.
    Identicals understand each other better than mirrors or activity, but they can’t really help each other solve problems. They are just living side by side.
    Mirrors have more in common with each other than activity because they have the same ego functions, but they have different viewpoints on things.
    I don’t have any activity friends. I get along with activity partners well when I meet them, but it is just on a superficial level.
    Sorry if I am being negative, but this is just the way I see it.