Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MF Doom

As long as we're typing rappers...

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Looks like a Ni ego. I was fucking obsessed with him for years, starting when I was about 16.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Never heard of the guy but yep, I agree with Ni ego from his eyes and presence. What's up with his helmet and shit though?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely think Ni dom. I just wasn't sure between ILI and IEI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Never heard of the guy but yep, I agree with Ni ego from his eyes and presence. What's up with his helmet and shit though?
    He explains the mask in the last video.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why dis dude wearin a mask you know? I'm jus trying to see his face you know? Such a good rapper you know?

Why do rappers dumb themselves down by adding in "you know" after every sentence? I can't listen to it. I can't.

Looks Ni as fuck. + Ni subtype.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    overcompensation

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought Ni-ILI. he has a kind of abrupt, offhand style I associate with gamma. probably a 5 of some sort as well.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MF Doom takes influence from the super villan Doctor Doom that appears in Marvel Comics. In the last video he explains that he is not selling himself but the music and the mask is supposed to detach him from that. For many artists it's also handier if the fans don't remember your face.
    Quote Originally Posted by lecter View Post
    overcompensation
    He's one of the few remaining famous rappers that don't show off with fancy cars, busty half-naked women and huge golden jewellery, instead he wears unadorned dark hoodies, sweaters, jerseys and regular t-shirts but he gets accused of overcompensation?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

He started wearing a mask because his brother died (and was in a rap group with him) and Elektra shelved his group's second album because it was darker and called Black Bastards. He got jaded and dropped out of rapping for a while. It's meant to be a reference to Dr Doom from Fantastic 4. Kind of a reinvention.

That's pretty Ni in a way, actually. I think he's ILI.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Rapp Snitch Knishes. It's a pretty clever song. It's critisizing plastic upscale "fake hustling" rappers who want to appear rough by admitting their own hustling (like Lil Wayne) so they can "get their label set up for years". The idea of dealing drugs is to keep it low but I somehow doubt that these plastic MTV rappers who snitch on themselves would even recognize a drug deal if it happened right next to them. Besides that, it takes two to hustle so the trail might get someone else in trouble as well. And usually people who aren't celebrities get harsher sentences.

They are effectively doing something that should get you shunned, if not beaten, in the circles they claim to represent. Talk about streetwise.
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 09-01-2014 at 05:05 AM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    MF Doom takes influence from the super villan Doctor Doom that appears in Marvel Comics. In the last video he explains that he is not selling himself but the music and the mask is supposed to detach him from that. For many artists it's also handier if the fans don't remember your face.

He's one of the few remaining famous rappers that don't show off with fancy cars, busty half-naked women and huge golden jewellery, instead he wears unadorned dark hoodies, sweaters, jerseys and regular t-shirts but he gets accused of overcompensation?
    it comes in varying forms and degrees. i dont see an incongruity. by which i mean there is none.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it comes in varying forms and degrees. i dont see an incongruity. by which i mean there is none.
    The last sentence on this post is overcompensation.

Look, you're either wrong or your definition of overcompensation is so broad that it's meaningless.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yours is ridiculously narrow if you think a lack of it in one area precludes it from taking place in another. nice of you to demonstrate your neanderthal wit by rolling Ad Hominem and Tu Quoque into one sentence, btw.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the mask is pretty cool

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I think the mask is pretty cool
    I think so too but I prefer this version:

yours is ridiculously narrow if you think a lack of it in one area precludes it from taking place in another. nice of you to demonstrate your neanderthal wit by rolling Ad Hominem and Tu Quoque into one sentence, btw.