Thread: quick intertype chart calculation

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default quick intertype chart calculation

Since Socionics is mathematically base 16 and also a psychology of personality in the same way as the MBTI it shares a similar degree of mathematical consistency, while enduring the same serious shortcomings in the experimental justification of these theories.
    With application of binary code algorythm to each sociotype we can extrapolate and patternize the intertype relations.
    In 1985 Aushra acknowledged the mathematical theories of Reinin and wrote a book titled "The Theory of Reinin's Traits" to describe the mathematical processes of socionics theory. Mathematical methods have been a standard part of socionics theory since this time.
    *this is not my original work but mere exploration of existing hypothesis

relation base 16 base 10 base 2 type
    identity 0 0 0000 ENTp
    quasy-id. 1 1 0001 ENTj
    kindred 2 2 0010 ENFp
    >ben 3 3 0011 ENFj
    business 4 4 0100 ESTp
    ben< 5 5 0101 ESTj
    ego 6 6 0110 ESFp
    activity 7 7 0111 ESFj
    extn. 8 8 1000 INTp
    mirror 9 9 1001 INTj
    mirage A 10 1010 INFp
    sup< B 11 1011 INFj
    semi-dual C 12 1100 ISTp
    >sup D 13 1101 ISTj
    dual E 14 1110 ISFp
    conflict F 15 1111 ISFj

to calculate your own intertype relations simply put sociotype into the last cubicle of the 1st row and with the use of binary code in the 4th column (0-- the letter didn't change/ 1 --- it has changed) fill in the rest of the table with corresponding sociotypes.

i.e. binary code for ENTP is 0000 but for ENTj is 0001 cause the irrationality (p) changed to rationality (j) hence the 0000 -> 0001

hope it was useful
    Last edited by miss BabyDoll; 08-21-2014 at 12:11 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait what is figured out by doing this? Or is this just to see what type corresponds to what intertype relation? If so the Irrationals are sort of backwards on all the assymetrical relationships.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Wait what is figured out by doing this? Or is this just to see what type corresponds to what intertype relation? If so the Irrationals are sort of backwards on all the assymetrical relationships.
    when empty this chart helps you quickly figure out the types and their relations to your type (which is the first type in the column). by applying binary code of the each relation to your own type you get the type which corresponds to that intertype relation.
    i.e.
    if you want to know mirror of ENTp apply the binary code 1001 to it and you get it's mirror:

ENTp ---mirror--- INTj

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Looks like all Greek to me.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Looks like all Greek to me.
    you have an extra "r" there haha

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greek are growing geeks, and geeks are baby nerds, so says my Ti AND the chatbox!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

That is intimidating and painful for me to look at and I would probably need someone to walk me through it verbally to understand . I use post it notes to remember. Math =

I do appreciate those who think in numbers though but I am aware I may frustrate them, sometimes. My mom had a knack for numbers but I didn't get that gene.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW