Thread: Deafheaven

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Deafheaven

They are a black metal band. I'm mainly interested in George's type (the tall one).

Last edited by Contra; 08-16-2014 at 05:52 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sle and ese?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I remember seeing videos of him performing with the band a while ago and kind of mentally tucked him away as Beta and left it at that.

Looking through the photos and interviews, he seems to be a Se/Ni rational type. He had more of a Gamma (or Fe devaluing) reaction at around 3:15 in the second interview where it was a smirky laugh, then the Fe switches right off after a few seconds and he goes back to being emotionally neutral. Were he Beta (or even Alpha), he probably would have been louder and more sustained in his Fe.

Visually, there's definitely something ESI-Se about his eyes and expressions, but I wouldn't rule out LIE-Ni, either. Either sx first or second. He's a good example of the overlap between ESIs and LIEs at a glance.

The other guy looks like some sort of IP type and quite uncomfortable. Maybe ILI, but I haven't studied as closely. Stuff at 4:24 in the first interview seems like a stream of Ni information.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had initially thought he seemed like a toned down SEE, but, now that you mention it, I agree with ESI. The other guy seems a bit off to me. My instinct was that he was ethical, but I don't know. He definitely has an Ni air to him though.

i love that kid who interviews them in the fifth video. reminds me of a 13 yo version of cpig D=

type the white buffalo too!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 08-17-2014 at 11:30 AM. Reason: wrote 23 yo version @.@

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I like this band. There's a lot of debate around whether they're really "Black Metal" but honestly, who cares.. Though I do think their sound is very much more aligned with post-rock, just a lot heavier. It's more melodic with the guitars and dreamy.. emotional stuff. Type-wise, I would lean more towards the tall guy being Fi/Te... or just IxSj...

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Haha, I like this band. There's a lot of debate around whether they're really "Black Metal" but honestly, who cares.. Though I do think their sound is very much more aligned with post-rock, just a lot heavier. It's more melodic with the guitars and dreamy.. emotional stuff. Type-wise, I would lean more towards the tall guy being Fi/Te... or just IxSj...
    Yeah, "hipster black metal" is the new thing in metal. I like it personally, but I only liked a few black metal bands before the advent of this new wave and they were pretty palatable anyway so I guess I'm not a "true fan" haha.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sevjenn View Post
    i love that kid who interviews them in the fifth video.
    Haha yeah I think it's funny when the kid gets excited when he thinks he's asked a really digging question. It's like he knows how weird it is to get a well researched question from someone his age.

type the white buffalo too!!!!!!!!!
    That guy seems SLE to me.