Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kevin "Purge" Godec- DOTA 2 coach/caster

Not sure if this is the right forum as he's not really "famous" outside of the DOTA 2 scene, but any idea on his type from these videos? I think he is Ixxx and possibly / but that's all I've got. Very dry way of speaking, self-critical, stoic, yet seems "warm" and approachable. Very good at simplifying complex concepts and explaining them to new players.

"Purge started gaming at a young age, but unlike his siblings and friends, always strove for the competitive aspects in gaming, which in the 90’s on the Super Nintendo, were not always available.

After dabbling in a lot of console and PC games over the years, Purge moved from game to game looking for high levels of competition and depth in a game. Eventually he found himself playing DotA heavily in 2009 on Battle.net despite the difficulties inherent in the WarCraft 3 engine.

After a finishing his B.S. in Physics: Emphasis in Electronics, in which his grades were affected by DotA, Purge continued to play and host games on Battle.net, and eventually found a job working as an engineer.

Purge... wrote one of the highest rated guides on PlayDotA in an attempt to fight against the negative culture aspects in DotA and help acclimate new players."

Last edited by PistolShrimp; 08-13-2014 at 06:48 PM.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO lets type Hot_Bid

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hot bid is like ILE or something, some sort of NT it seems at least. Maybe LII. Purge is um... who? Really kinda of boring guy.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanna know Purge's type because I know a few guys who are eerily like him in mannerisms/speech/thought process (including my little bro) and I can't for the life of me type them. I could see / quadra for Hot Bid but I really haven't watched enough interviews of him to tell.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never heard of DOTA 2 before this thread.

Purge seems Gamma/Delta and probably introverted irrational. He actually reminds me of an SLI I know. He could still be ILI though. I definitely share some similarities with him.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Never heard of DOTA 2 before this thread.

Purge seems Gamma/Delta and probably introverted irrational. He actually reminds me of an SLI I know. He could still be ILI though. I definitely share some similarities with him.
    Thanks for replying despite your unfamiliarity with Purge/DOTA. Everyone else got distracted by Hot Bid. I do think he is likely some introverted irrational (IEI, ILI or SLI) but I have no idea which one. I don't have any "benchmark" SLIs or ILIs I know personally to compare him to as my typing skills are really lacking.