TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Most importantly, you don't need to alcohol to have an enjoyable experience when your partying or out at night.
    Aaaahhhhahahahahahhaahhahah

Aahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahah

Ahhhahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahaah ahaha

Aaaaahhahhaaahahhaa

Aahaahahahaaahaahahahhhhaaahahahahaahahahah

AHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAAAAHHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAA AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

People say this so much it may be the most hilarious lie in the world's history.
    So you think it's impossible? ...Rocky, how many ENFps do you know IRL?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malcolm Gladwell (the "Blink" guy) thinks that caffeine created the modern world. An Edinburgh coffeeshop serves an extra-extra-strong coffee and they call it a "Keith Richards". Coffee was first known in Europe as "Arabian Wine". Bach wrote a Coffee Cantata. The heavy tea tax imposed on the colonies in 1773, which caused the "Boston Tea Party," resulted in America switching from tea to coffee. Drinking coffee was an expression of freedom. In 1900, coffee was often delivered door-to-door in the United States, by horse-pulled wagons. Italy now has over 200,000 coffee bars, and still growing. In the ancient Arab world, coffee became such a staple in family life that one of the causes allowed by law for marital separation was a husband's refusal to produce coffee for his wife. In the last three centuries, 90% of all people living in the Western world have switched from tea to coffee. Twining's English Breakfast Tea has more caffeine in it than coffee does. Known medically as trimethylxanthine, caffeine has been linked to everything from sleepless nights and jitteriness to birth defects and breast cancer. Yet caffeine is likely the most popular drug in the world -- about 90 percent of Americans consume it in one form or another every single day. A study released at the American Heart Association meeting in the fall of 2000 showed that drinking black tea promotes healthy arteries, which may explain why tea drinkers have a lower risk of heart attack and stroke. Research shows that drinking black tea relaxes and dilates arteries, increasing blood flow to the heart. Tea drinking also increased the amount of chemicals called flavonoids in the blood. Flavonoids, which give tea flavor, are antioxidant compounds that have been shown to improve artery function in people with coronary artery disease. Both green and black tea may help in the prevention of cavities and fresher breath. In a recent study, English women over 65 who drank one to six cups daily had denser skeletons than their tea-shunning peers. Although tea contains caffeine, thought to steal bone, it also has compounds that may mimic the bone-building effect of estrogen in postmenopausal women. If you take lemon with your tea, place the lemon slice in the bottom of the cup then pour on your tea. Lemon helps prevent any scum from forming on top of the tea. Give your fern a drink of tea every once ina while for a more lush looking plant. Tea suppresses the appetite and inhibits excess body fat. Drinking 4.7 cups of tea a day may reduce the risk of stroke in men. The first tea bag was sold by John Horniman in an attempt to deter the reusing of tea leaves. Ancient tea drinkers added salt to their cup. Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world next to water.

...amazing what things you find out over the internet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    Good to see you posting again.

But for me, alcohol loosens me up which I need to do more of sometimes.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Sayyy, here's a challenge for you, go 4 weeks without getting drunk or high, and then come back and tell us how you feel. okay?
    Pffff, I've done it. I was sober for over a month at one point this past summer. I find other things to do, but all in all, I just end up staying inside more and being in here and on the chat, which, IMO, is just as unhealthy, and (no offense) not nearly as stimulating. Besides, pretty much everyone is getting wasted at night, and how fun is it to be sober around people who are fucked up? Yeah, that's how I wanna spend my weekends

Plenty of people have walked this road before, and plenty of them have come out just fine. I'm confident in my decision making ability, and I know that I have enough forsight to NOT do anything too rediculous.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Most importantly, you don't need to alcohol to have an enjoyable experience when your partying or out at night.
    Aaaahhhhahahahahahhaahhahah

Aahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahah

Ahhhahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahaahahahahaahahahaah ahaha

Aaaaahhahhaaahahhaa

Aahaahahahaaahaahahahhhhaaahahahahaahahahah

AHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAAAAHHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAA AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

People say this so much it may be the most hilarious lie in the world's history.
    LOL <3 ISTps.

Well, for me getting drunk is not required to loosen me up, since I am naturally that way that is why I tend to stay away from them. There's no need to sacrifice my health for it. People tend to ask me if I am drunk/high when I'm completely normal. It's like a switch and I can turn it on and driven by emotions, I will be in antic disposition. I prefer to do this when others are drunk/high around me and I tend to freak them out with my wild behaviour and don't get rejected for it. I once tried to convert my stoned friend to a fake religion and imitated a salesman trying to sell a travel package to travel around the solar system with a special deal.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-pokeball

"People tend to ask me if I am drunk/high when I'm completely normal."

Ive had people ask that of me before. They didnt know me very well. I played along to see their reactions lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see you posting again.

But for me, alcohol loosens me up which I need to do more of sometimes.
    Thanks.

For me, it depends on how much alcohol I drink. A little loosens me up alright. Too much and I get tense because I hate the thought that I might make a fool of myself. It's like Traveler said - it's possible to get drunk without alcohol.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllll
    fffffffdrfdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd dddd

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccjnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnn
    hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaqqqqqqqqqqqqq qq
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq qq
    qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqtffffffffff ffffffffffff
    ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffgzzuzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzz
    z99999999999999999999999999999üüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüü üüü
    üüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüü#################
    ################dsw

Sorry. My daughter is sitting on my lap and she wanted to post something. (EDITED TO ADD: now she's counting something. "One." Then she counts it again. "One." Seriously. Another reason why I don't need alcohol or to loosen up. Being with a toddler all day must be one of the most mind-altering experiences there is.)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87

Plenty of people have walked this road before, and plenty of them have come out just fine. I'm confident in my decision making ability, and I know that I have enough forsight to NOT do anything too rediculous.
    Good for you. In that case, wouldn't it be logically consistent to only recommend drug use to people in whose decision making ability you're confident?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL <3 ISTps.

Well, for me getting drunk is not required to loosen me up, since I am naturally that way that is why I tend to stay away from them. There's no need to sacrifice my health for it. People tend to ask me if I am drunk/high when I'm completely normal. It's like a switch and I can turn it on and driven by emotions, I will be in antic disposition. I prefer to do this when others are drunk/high around me and I tend to freak them out with my wild behaviour and don't get rejected for it. I once tried to convert my stoned friend to a fake religion and imitated a salesman trying to sell a travel package to travel around the solar system with a special deal.
    Well, I seriously don't think I could do that.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

For me, it depends on how much alcohol I drink. A little loosens me up alright. Too much and I get tense because I hate the thought that I might make a fool of myself. It's like Traveler said - it's possible to get drunk without alcohol.
    I guess having a few is my happy level. The level I wish I was all day long. Like, maybe a half a bottle of wine or three beers or something.

BTW, why is alcohol considered a depressant? It seems to have the oppostie effect on me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

I guess having a few is my happy level. The level I wish I was all day long. Like, maybe a half a bottle of wine or three beers or something.

BTW, why is alcohol considered a depressant? It seems to have the oppostie effect on me.
    Again, my husband is JUST LIKE YOU. You are on some parallel younger plane or something.

My husband likes to drink if we're out socially. Otherwise, he's at my side all night. But the following day or two he gets a little bit depressed. He act depressed, and I'll say, "Don't worry, you're just depressed because you were drinking, and alcohol is a depressant." It happens every single time so I really think that's the effect it's having longer-term, even though at the immediate moment it looses him up and he has more fun.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87

Good for you. In that case, wouldn't it be logically consistent to only recommend drug use to people in whose decision making ability you're confident?
    Eh, I don't have to be confident in their judgement if I believe that all people have the right to make their own decisions.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Again, my husband is JUST LIKE YOU. You are on some parallel younger plane or something.

My husband likes to drink if we're out socially. Otherwise, he's at my side all night. But the following day or two he gets a little bit depressed. He act depressed, and I'll say, "Don't worry, you're just depressed because you were drinking, and alcohol is a depressant." It happens every single time so I really think that's the effect it's having longer-term, even though at the immediate moment it looses him up and he has more fun.
    Maybe.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12