Thread: What is the scariest book or film that you've encountered?

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    lol mcbain you too? i still do that - at least once a month
    I absolutely loved that movie baby -- I just watched the first one a couple days ago for the first time in ages. So dark and moody and grimy -- loved it. Which one do you think is better?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I absolutely loved that movie baby -- I just watched the first one a couple days ago for the first time in ages. So dark and moody and grimy -- loved it. Which one do you think is better?
    lol i misread that you watched it for the first time and was like whaat?? haha YES! I love the 1 part but the 2nd one is my favourite. you can't not love sarah connor's toughness and robert patrick as t1000

Creepy-male

lol i misread that you watched it for the first time and was like whaat?? haha YES! I love the 1 part but the 2nd one is my favourite. you can't not love sarah connor's toughness and robert patrick as t1000

Both the T1000 and badass Sarah Connor in T2 are great -- I won't knock that movie -- but the first Terminator is by far the best. I think that the character arc of Sarah is a bit more dynamic in the first. T2 does a lot of new and interesting things -- and totally blows away the first one in terms of action scenes -- but a lot of the plot is a callback to how awesome the first film was. It could just be that T2 is like emblazoned into my childhood memory -- the grass is always greener --- and that I just have a deeper fondness for 80s practical special effects and dark synth music. I like that style a lot.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both the T1000 and badass Sarah Connor in T2 are great -- I won't knock that movie -- but the first Terminator is by far the best. I think that the character arc of Sarah is a bit more dynamic in the first. T2 does a lot of new and interesting things -- and totally blows away the first one in terms of action scenes -- but a lot of the plot is a callback to how awesome the first film was. It could just be that T2 is like emblazoned into my childhood memory -- the grass is always greener --- and that I just have a deeper fondness for 80s practical special effects and dark synth music. I like that style a lot.
    haha I know so many people that bash T2 and I, lol, agree that it doesn't have the strength the T1 has especially production and screenplay wise but I still prefer it over T1 cause I first saw T2 and then T1 lol yes haha I saw T2 when I was like 12 for the first time and T1 when I was 14 cause vhs and lol the awkwardness to find it. but I still agree that T1 is the freakin masterpiece - music is everything, rough effects and the whole trashiness vibe is off the hook but for me it can't beat T2 no way no how - it's the emotional bond
    Last edited by miss BabyDoll; 08-01-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Creepy-male

haha I know so many people that bash T2 and I, lol, agree that it doesn't have the strength the T1 has especially production and screenplay wise but I still prefer it over T1 cause I first saw T2 and then T1 lol yes haha I saw T2 when I was like 12 for the first time and T1 when I was 14 cause vhs and lol the awkwardness to find it. but I still agree that T1 is the freakin masterpiece - music is everything, rough effects and the whole trashiness vibe is off the hook but for me it can't beat T2 no way no how - it's the emotional bond
    I have to admit I wore my T2 vhs out back in the day -- I hear you on the emotional bond, what other films have their hooks in you?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit I wore my T2 vhs out back in the day -- I hear you on the emotional bond, what other films have their hooks in you?
    this is the toughest question you can ask me tbh haha - but if i have to choose I'd say falling down and fight club-- there's just sth about people who snap and experience catharsis haha Also! ---> complementary witty beta oneliners ha, right? what about you?
    p.s. that pennywise you posted up there left permanent emotional scars in the form of sleeping with the lights on till age 10 haha