Thread: How Conscientious are the Rational temperaments?

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How Conscientious are the Rational temperaments?

Using the Big Five, a Conscientious individual would agree to these statements, and would be found to fit them by others (with some grammatical manipulation, of course):

Am always prepared.
    Pay attention to details.
    Get chores done right away.
    Like order.
    Follow a schedule.
    Am exacting in my work.
    Do things according to a plan.
    Continue until everything is perfect.
    Make plans and stick to them.
    Love order and regularity.
    Like to tidy up.

On the other hand, they would not agree with these statements, and others would not find them to be a good fit (again with some grammatical alterations):

Leave my belongings around.
    Make a mess of things.
    Often forget to put things back in their proper place.
    Shirk my duties.
    Neglect my duties.
    Waste my time.
    Do things in a half-way manner.
    Find it difficult to get down to work.
    Leave a mess in my room.

How Conscientious is Rational? Can someone with ADHD or executive dysfunction be Rational, or is their seeming Irrationality actual Irrationality?

Is informational metabolism predicated on how someone functions, or can you simply describe what someone sees and how they act without reference to classical orderliness/extraversion/friendliness/moodiness/sophistication?

Given some of these traits are culturally sensitive, can a Rational from one culture look like an Irrational in another, and vice-versa?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't think rationality necessarily pertains to those list items dogmatically, probably relates more to clarity of thought and closure.

Intuitive rationals don't strike me as fitting the bill of conscientiousness consistently at the very least. I also know sensing rationals that are more laidback as well.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm low on conscientiousness

(more conscientious during work than in free time, though)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The MBTI wiki page says that there is a 0.49 degree of correlation between conscientiousness and "judging" (out of 1.00)...perhaps culture-specific figures could be found somewhere.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It fluctuates for me a bit. I'm not particularly anal, but it's nice to have those little checkpoints throughout the day, and to be able to follow through with certain things before they start to pile up. Whatever leisure time I allow myself becomes easier to enjoy as a result.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"can a Rational from one culture look like an Irrational in another, and vice-versa? "

Absolutely.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these definitions are extreme. what if i neither neglect my work, nor i am obsessive about every detail? most ppl i know would fit this definition.

how can i reply to "am always prepared"? compared to what? ppl can always ask me a question im not prepared about. same for "continue until its perfect" - stuff you do is never perfect...

get chores done right away? how much right away? maybe i wash dishes after 5 mins, some people wash them after 30 secs. where's the midpoint?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not very "conscientious" according to the above description, although I think people would describe as "conscientious" in the amount of work I do, and the work I do for outside-class stuff.

My EII mate is "conscientious" both according to your description and my description. I tie it to a Ne/Se thing about being able to organise and predict life, with a touch of Te-suggestive. Like, "is this room clean enough?...Probably not, better keep cleaning and then I'll feel comfortable here."
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy