Thread: Type my friend?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my friend?

- She's quite eccentric, infact she often talks about how she's glad she's an eccentric because that makes her unique and "normal is boring"
    - She likes playing sports, even though she's horrible at them; she also tends to do a lot of research on her favorite sports and keeps mentioning past tournaments and random statistics
    - She is passive to a fault, she can also come up with extraordinary explanations for her laziness, like this one incident where in high school we were supposed to move the furniture back to make space, she did nothing and when I asked her about it, she said, "Why retreat when you can remain in the front? Life is about progressing"; I also asked her one day why she does not retaliate whenever someone insults her and she said, "Meh, that's pointless, it's not like I'm offended and fights only lead to hurt egos or go nowhere... and anyway, I'm too lazy"
    - Even though she doesn't show it, she cares about what people think of her
    - She can also get a little too fixated on her appearance
    - She loves speculating about the future, it even stimulates her, she told me
    - She is more often than not wearing a mask, I can see that, it's like she adapts to different situations; she also likes the 'idea' of acting because it gives her the opportunity to adopt masquerades
    - She has a monotonous voice, not sure if this is relevant
    - She can make a joke out of anything, she has a knack for thinking of different contexts and meanings (which gives her plenty of ammunition for sexual innuendos) and substituting tangible objects and the like with metaphors and symbols
    - She can go from being reclusive and deadpan to bubbly and enthusiastic, she thinks she has the Bipolar Disorder
    - Horrible procrastinator
    - Grammar Nazi

Well, that's all.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing View Post
    - She's quite eccentric, infact she often talks about how she's glad she's an eccentric because that makes her unique and "normal is boring"
    - She likes playing sports, even though she's horrible at them; she also tends to do a lot of research on her favorite sports and keeps mentioning past tournaments and random statistics
    - She is passive to a fault, she can also come up with extraordinary explanations for her laziness, like this one incident where in high school we were supposed to move the furniture back to make space, she did nothing and when I asked her about it, she said, "Why retreat when you can remain in the front? Life is about progressing"; I also asked her one day why she does not retaliate whenever someone insults her and she said, "Meh, that's pointless, it's not like I'm offended and fights only lead to hurt egos or go nowhere... and anyway, I'm too lazy"
    - She is more often than not wearing a mask, I can see that, it's like she adapts to different situations; she also likes the 'idea' of acting because it gives her the opportunity to adopt masquerades
    - She can make a joke out of anything, she has a knack for thinking of different contexts and meanings (which gives her plenty of ammunition for sexual innuendos) and substituting tangible objects and the like with metaphors and symbols
    - She can go from being reclusive and deadpan to bubbly and enthusiastic, she thinks she has the Bipolar Disorder
    - Grammar Nazi

Well, that's all.
    Ni-dom.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Grammar Nazi

Well, that's all.
    She sounds like an INFj a bit. Maybe a tad unhealthy. Maybe she puts up masks in order to hide her true feelings and she really is hurt. I used to be that way. The making jokes out of anything sounds like Ne creative...
    I am terrible at grammar, even though I like to tell myself that I'm good.
    Do you have any ideas what she might be?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think she was an LII, but I'm not sure anymore. Also, she is reclusive and standoffish (sometimes even intimidating) when you view her from the perspective of a pedestrian, but when you actually become close to her, she's childlike and laid-back, even emotional (which can also be astonishing, because she is actually quite intelligent and insightful). It's like two contrasting characters. Oh, and she's quite nostalgic, one of the reasons why she's a pack rat. The other one being that she tends to see potential uses for everything, even a piece of paper (she once bought a small notepad whimsically because it "looked useful") . "Don't throw that away! It might be useful in the future...". She also hates it when other people clean her usually messy room. It's amusing because the reason why someone cleans her room is also the reason why she wants it to remain messy - so that things don't get misplaced.

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Ni-dom.
    Why do you think so?

Some other characteristics that came to mind...

- She despises physical motivation (loud speeches, threats, violence, scoldings), in fact it rather demotivates her
    - In association with the above one, her best way of dealing with conflict is to have it discussed and rationalized peacefully, which is also in relation to her tendency to withdraw from fights
    - She dislikes discussing about her future plans with others (or rather, when she's asked to do so, she prefers to tell them on her own)
    - She'll never do something the moment you ask her to do it, "Wait a minute" is one of her constant refrains
    - She loves looking for patterns and conspiracy theories
    - She is fond of paradoxes and contradictory statements... she often inserts oxymorons in our online conversations just for fun
    - She is often questioning norms and traditions and talking about how some system or rule is wrong and that it needs to be changed; once she made a controversial claim where she said that democracy might be losing its touch because the world is getting more stupid (she especially referenced the Selfie song)
    - Her depression basically follows a pattern where she starts believing that no one likes (or cares about) her and that she will always be a lone drop in the rain
    - Her sarcasm tends to get her into trouble
    - She says that she often feels like her mind is empty and at rare times, as if she's just a ghost
    - She has this weird habit of making her own fantasy tournaments or competitions without any reason
    - She is a sucker for plots where best friends end up becoming enemies ("I like the psychological aspect of it")
    - She never speaks in absolutes ("I suppose", "I think", "Perhaps", "Maybe", "Seems like it", "Probably", "That's possible")
    - Her favorite way of explaining things is to make analogies or metaphors, anecdotes are also favorable
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-25-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think she was an LII, but I'm not sure anymore. Also, she is reclusive and standoffish (sometimes even intimidating) when you view her from the perspective of a pedestrian, but when you actually become close to her, she's childlike and laid-back, even emotional (which can also be astonishing, because she is actually quite intelligent and insightful). It's like two contrasting characters. Oh, and she's quite nostalgic, one of the reasons why she's a pack rat. The other one being that she tends to see potential uses for everything, even a piece of paper (she once bought a small notepad whimsically because it "looked useful") . "Don't throw that away! It might be useful in the future...". She also hates it when other people clean her usually messy room. It's amusing because the reason why someone cleans her room is also the reason why she wants it to remain messy - so that things don't get misplaced.

Why do you think so?

- She despises physical motivation (loud speeches, threats, violence, scoldings), in fact it rather demotivates her
    - In association with the above one, her best way of dealing with conflict is to have it discussed and rationalized peacefully, which is also in relation to her tendency to withdraw from fights
    - She dislikes discussing about her future plans with others (or rather, when she's asked to do so, she prefers to tell them on her own)
    - She is fond of paradoxes and contradictory statements... she often inserts oxymorons in our online conversations just for fun
    - She is often questioning norms and traditions and talking about how some system or rule is wrong and that it needs to be changed; once she made a controversial claim where she said that democracy might be losing its touch because the world is getting more stupid (she especially referenced the Selfie song)
    - Her depression basically follows a pattern where she starts believing that no one likes (or cares about) her and that she will always be a lone drop in the rain
    - She says that she often feels like a ghost (or a soulless apparition) with an empty mind
    I don't know. I'll have to think about it. I was just thinking she could be ILI (INTp).

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I often feel like people think I am very book smart when they meet me, but when and if they get to know me they see that I'm child-like and emotional. Sometimes too emotional.

Nobody cleans my room, so I don't know about that. I like my mess though.

Why do you think so?

- She'll never do something the moment you ask her to do it, "Wait a minute" is one of her constant refrains
    - She says that she often feels like her mind is empty and at rare times, as if she's just a ghost
    - She has this weird habit of making her own fantasy tournaments or competitions without any reason
    - She is a sucker for plots where best friends end up becoming enemies ("I like the psychological aspect of it")
    - She never speaks in absolutes ("I suppose", "I think", "Perhaps", "Maybe", "Seems like it", "Probably", "That's possible")
    - Her favorite way of explaining things is to make analogies or metaphors, anecdotes are also favorable
    I can totally relate, especially the mind being empty at times. I like the idea of friends becoming enemies, especially since it has happened to me a lot. I feel like people change, and when they deliberately are not behaving like a friend, they must part.

I always used to say, "not now." A friend of mine used to make fun of it.

She probably doesn't speak in absolutes because she is unsure of herself, due to the Se being last so she is unable to force her opinions out.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Yeah, I often feel like people think I am very book smart when they meet me, but when and if they get to know me they see that I'm child-like and emotional. Sometimes too emotional.

Nobody cleans my room, so I don't know about that. I like my mess though.

I can totally relate, especially the mind being empty at times. I like the idea of friends becoming enemies, especially since it has happened to me a lot. I feel like people change, and when they deliberately are not behaving like a friend, they must part.

I always used to say, "not now." A friend of mine used to make fun of it.

She probably doesn't speak in absolutes because she is unsure of herself, due to the Se being last so she is unable to force her opinions out.
    Hmmm... INxj or ENxp does seem plausible for her. For some reason, I'm getting more vibes from her. What is the difference between and ? Also, how can I determine if her is dominant or creative? I obviously need anecdotal examples because I can't get inside her head, haha.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... INxj or ENxp does seem plausible for her. For some reason, I'm getting more vibes from her. What is the difference between and ? Also, how can I determine if her is dominant or creative? I obviously need anecdotal examples because I can't get inside her head, haha.
    They're polar opposites. They cannot be used simultaneously. Both deal with static information. judges systems through principles. judges people through subjective emotions and ethics.

Dominant (or base) for all information elements in like a lens for seeing the world -- it sets the agenda. Whereas Creative IMs act for the agenda of the Dominant. I'm not an Ne-dom or creative, so I'm probably not the best person to help you with the specifics of how it would manifest in either case.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmagorical View Post
    Fi is more feeling, while Ti is more systematic and objective. As Fi as a first function, I take things personally and it is hard to be objective and see things from outside view.

I just noticed the difference between base and creative functions. Base functions are what a person actually is; what comes naturally to him.
    Ne as Leading Function (ILE, IEE)

The individual is skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using their own curiosity inspire and motivate them to discussion and consideration of different possibilities. He easily makes parallels between different concepts, situations, people, knowledge and skills, makes connections across different fields of knowledge and social groups, dabbles in multiple interests and hobbies at once. He enjoys bringing up to discussion different viewpoints and potentialities, reconciling them and finding out where the truth might lie. He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, new information, new skills, new books and movies, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long (this might be equally related to suggestive introverted sensing).
    Creative function is what one gives to others, and does it in support of the base function. For example, I am INFj so I , and when I want to give it out to others I use .
    Ne as Creative Function (EII, LII)

The individual likes to apply his insight to specific situations, relating them to other information to discover general patterns, regularities, maxims and values in his environment and in actions of others. He also enjoys bringing up and discussing alternatives and notions, which may sound bold and unlikely to transpire, and which are usually idealized and hypothetical circumstances or what could be rather than discussion what has already been.
    He does not pursue ideas or new opportunities merely for their own sake, but for their application to specific situations, questions and issues that he feels are important.
    My IEE friend uses as a creative function, so she uses it in support of . Unlike me, who uses Fi as a base, she cannot just "conjure" up whether someone is a friend or enemy. It is quite interesting.
    Fi as Leading Function (EII, ESI)

The individual sees reality primarily through static personal ethics and stable interpersonal bonds between individuals, including himself, where the status of such interpersonal bonds is determined by his personal ethics. The individual is very confident in evaluating the ethical or moral qualities, and their consistency, of other people. This makes the individual seem "judgemental" or "self-righteous" to people less so inclined. If he has difficulty in deciding the status of a personal relationship, he will take action to try to reach a conclusion but if that continues to elude him, he will regard the relationship as not worth it. His own sense of constancy in personal ethics and in his relationships with others is a very strong factor in his sense of self-worth. Fi in this position implies the ability to almost instantly recognize whether someone is a friend or an enemy, whether they are demonstrating good will or ill will, and whether they are drawn to or repelled by the individual.

Fi as Creative Function (SEE, IEE)

The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function. The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-by-Functions