Thread: SLE's Ti and Te in eyes of LII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE's Ti and Te in eyes of LII

I have noticed that I get annoyed when SLE is using Ti - when he explain something his thinking is too simplistic and too slow, as if he thought I'm idiot. On the other hand I admire him when he (and not only he) uses his demonstrative Te giving pure fact (for example historical dates). Is it normal? I thought that due to ignoring Te and base Ti my impression should be reversed. What do you think?

I'm not sure if this is correct forum, if not please move this thread

TIM
    ILI-Ni 1w2 5w6 2w3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Historical dates are details, but I can't see how they would be applicable to Te unless you had a disagreement over the date of an event.
    Last edited by Annihilation; 09-15-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    "You use a lot of Ti. I think you should consider LII."

"Only a Te preferrer would criticise a poll for not using enough objective logic."

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Hello, serious boring type.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhtk View Post
    I have noticed that I get annoyed when SLE is using Ti - when he explain something his thinking is too simplistic and too slow, as if he thought I'm idiot.
    SLEs use Ti in service of Se. In simple (simplistic) terms, it means that SLEs use models to explain reality. LIIs use Ne in service of Ti. In simple terms it means using concepts to feed models.

The great way to work between a LII and a SLE seems to be when they build a common Ti model. The Ne of the LII brings in a lot of information - research, articles, thoughts, concepts, etc - and the SLE throws away irrelevant information and puts the relevant information into the common Ti-model almost instantly. LIIs seem to me to be slow to sort their impulses, and seem to find it hard to know what is relevant and what is not. SLEs are very good at that. LIIs on the other hand present information that the SLE often lack (since SLEs typically don't read as much as LIIs and have weak Ne), and this informations is valuable and greatly appreciated, as it allows for quick development as explained above. (This example also illustrates how supervision transfer quadra values between quadras)

In the SLE-IEI dyad, IEIs read too - and present ideas, concepts, thoughts, etc - but more vaguely than LIIs. The SLE's strong grip on reality - and the Ti that can link the IEI's brainfog to reality - is appreciated by the IEI. Finally somebody getting them... (Other types just hear brainfog ) For the LII, however, the simple models that illustrate reality based on information may seem like the SLE is talking to a child, as LII's strong Ti will not need the very slow and meticulous explanations. SLEs will probably see the weak Se of LIIs, though, and mistake it for a need to be explained reality through Ti, but LIIs don't necessarily need that. LIIs will access Se through their dual - the ESE - so through Fe, rather than Ti.

On purpose I just demonstrated this concept above by explaining what you asked in rather simple language so "anyone" can understand, and thus bringing what you asked into reality (I am SLE). I sometimes feel as if LIIs are disappointed when I do this trick, as if I "steal" the mystery out of their worlds, and make things too real and too simple. But for an IEI that is the miracle of it, I think? IEIs love to see that their brainfog has direct links to the real world, that their thoughts can be made sense of, and they see magic in somebody who so easily can bridge the worlds.

Supervision works in similar ways for all types, btw. I'll not explain that, though. Use your Ti to link how these dynamics create asymmetrical relations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ananke Thank you for response

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilation View Post
    Historical dates are details, but I can't see how they would be applicable to Te unless you had a disagreement over the date of an event.
    Sorry for mistake, I used to think about Te as a factual knowledge that appears always when somebody is giving facts and doesn't analyze them, so memorizing physical properties of formic acid is more Te than Ti.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zhtk View Post
    @Ananke Thank you for response

Sorry for mistake, I used to think about Te as a factual knowledge that appears always when somebody is giving facts and doesn't analyze them, so memorizing physical properties of formic acid is more Te than Ti.
    Or periodic table of elements that was needed to pass the exam (LSE professor). Another painful thing about his Te was his love towards geology. Yes, there are rocks, lots of different rocks and properties. That was tough to get motivated but I pulled it through. It is not a system it is running loose. another interesting thing about Te base is that they feel comfortable omitting theoretical basis. Like I would expect to see behind in equations of X ray crystallography in lectures but NO.
    Chemistry was a bitter sweet subject to study as Ti valuer. Physical chemistry was just perfect [formula derivations involving lots of kinky approximations ].
    TL;DR
    Te demonstrative is factually rather sketchy. I can tell molecular mass of chlorine, value of ideal gas constant (5 decimals), speed of light exactly, conversion constant between units etc. However it is something that gets filed in your brain based on pattern after lots of Ti practice especially when you need to get numbers out from beautiful equations.