Threaded View

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Logic

I accused someone of not being logical which got me thinking about logic. I found this quiz and even though it has been awhile since I studied logic. I took it anyway. My last two boyfriends had studied logic. One had a masters in library science and was ILI . The other is an SLE architect. They both tried to teach me formal logic.I have forgotten a lot of it so my score was not very high, ...

So I have a some questions:

Are logical types more capable of grasping formal logic than ethical types?

What does it mean to be a "logical" type in socionics?

Theoretically, can you change your type through study?

Some of the questions were very easy but others I could not understand the logic behind the correct answer. Someone tried to help me understand today but they had to go to work and left me frustrated.
    http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/the...-aptitude-test

Your result for The Logical Aptitude Test ...
    You Are Semi-Rational.

You scored 29 out of 45.

Let's put it this way. You've gone to school. Maybe you learned something about valid reasoning while you were there. You can even hold up a reasoned discourse in a chat...as long as it's really brief.
    But something is wrong. It's just that you lose focus. You can't get your argument to convince anyone, really. You muddle through rhetorical tricks until everyone has forgotten what you were trying to prove in the first place. Then, you will often end with a platitude like: "It's all just relative, right?" Well, no. Your regular failure to connect the premises in a way that matches a valid argument does not prove relativism, or much of anything.
    Just study logic, not your impressions of what you think logic "should be," or what "seems logical" to you -- just dull, formal logic. That much will help your reasoning and make those chats and arguments more substantive than your usual drivel.

You scored 29% on Validity, higher than
    68% of your peers.

My biggest problem with these tests are that they do take some focus and I like my answers to come faster. Do intuitive types get their "answers" faster but have a harder time focusing when it requires plain old logic? I am not talking about common sense here since I feel my common sense is pretty intuitive. My critical thinking skills are pretty good as well.

Edit: I answered every question even when I wasn't sure so it cost me some points. If anyone takes the quiz skip it if you can't figure it out.
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-25-2017 at 05:28 AM. Reason: removed personal info

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW