Thread: anthropomorphizing objects common for INFjs?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default anthropomorphizing objects common for INFjs?

a question for EIIs on this forum

do you ever find yourself anthropomorphizing non-living objects, referring to them as if they were living, attributing them personal traits, or does this notion seem distant and odd for you?

Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember Rick (self-typed IEE) mentioning that all ethical types do this; but I'll let the EIIs speak for themselves. I'm not even ethical, so I'll get out of this thread.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to do it a whole ton as a kid, especially towards my horde of stuffed animals. It still happens with objects that don't resemble living things, but it's a lot less frequent than when I was younger.

My SEI mom would do it too, but in a way to me that seemed patronizing and obnoxious, which I think was the intention.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems distant and odd, yes. i kind of talked to myself a lot, and sometimes i acted like i had imaginary friends that i talked to (because i saw people do that in cartoons) but that's not the same thing.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:06 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 03:07 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

As a child I was sure my dolls came alive during the night and lived full lives. When I was awake I would imagine what they did during the night and continue their adventures. I would make them have affairs with each other's husbands because I believed they did it while I slept. I would make them break up and the male dolls would move in with the female dolls they were messing around with. I don't know if this is something I was witnessing in real life or not. Maybe it was past life memories. I made my dolls have sex because I believed they wanted to and needed help getting together during the day. Sometimes I would leave them in bed together to help them out, when I went to bed. I did this from like ages 8-11. I continued to play with my Barbies until I was 13 but I kept it hush hush. hahahah

I talk to the spirits of plants, trees, rocks, fire water, wind..etc. I have a Vihara, that I bought from a Thai man, on Novica, in my bedroom that I surround with petrified wood (it sparkles, so beautiful), rocks and gemstones/crystals to appease the spirits. heh I have always talked to my cars and most of them have been "female". I have talked them into getting me to the gas station when I realized I was low on gas. I am bad at checking my gas gauge.

[I am not EII though]

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

i used to fill water bottles with equal amounts of water so that they wont be jealous of each other when they come to life

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think the two Furbys I had but never used in months were in secret misery because they missed me so much and that one day they would activate themselves and say "I can't take it anymore PLAY WITH ME." I had to take the batteries out just to make sure that never happened.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post

do you ever find yourself anthropomorphizing non-living objects, referring to them as if they were living, attributing them personal traits, or does this notion seem distant and odd for you?
    I don't know about EIIs exactly, but....
    My LII Dad relates better the anthropomorphic objects than he does to actual humans.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i anthropomorphize computers and take it personally when they lie to me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    i anthropomorphize computers and take it personally when they lie to me.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think for me, I've always had an alternative feeling...I've associated myself with non-anthropogenic objects, and their entities have represented me, more than the other way round.

There was a question/statement on a test that intrigued me for a very long time a few years ago, and I ended up making a thread about it, but I didn't really go into my thoughts on the subject: that was about whether you "Identify with broken things", which was very peculiar...I think it is the sort of sentiment I indulge in...indeed, being massively sentimental itself may be associated with this theme.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not EII, but yeah i do this. I used to cry when my stuffed animals fell. I scream at my computer (and I really think it listens) and I'll feel bad when my plants die. I'm nicer to objects than to people sometimes.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post

Yes constantly. If something is doing good for me, I'll feel appreciative towards it and have a happy feeling when I see it. Such as a toothbrush holder that helps me. If it fell down, I would quickly pick it up and feel bad for dropping it.