Thread: SEI vs ESI

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI vs ESI

Hey! I've been looking into different types lately, and I was just wondering what the main different between SEI and ESI is. Because I type and identify as SEI, but sometimes I feel like I could be ESI. It's hard to tell since they're my lookalike and I can't really see myself from the outside. I also really like SEIs and I'm hoping I'm not just being biased and trying to be something I'm not? (I don't like the idea of being ESI for some reason).

So, what would be a telltale difference between the two? Because I feel rather organized or planning ahead a lot (rational?) but I also put a lot of stuff off and enjoy the thrill of going with the flow last moment (irrational?).

So yeah. Not a ton of people on here know me, but feel free to ask questions that I can answer and help me solve this once and for all haha

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, do you perceive relationships as static, or dynamic? ESI's seem to make it a point to be more aware of where they stand in a relationship regardless of how good or bad things are going, what behavior is appropriate and what isn't, putting a stop to it, etc. and often make it a point to address these issues directly regardless of how strenuous it might be for them. There's also a focus on loyalty, looking out for the few people they allow into their lives, etc. Although the ESI's here would probably give you a better description of how it plays out.

With SEI's..idk, they seem like they're just focused on taking in good vibes. Seem less...intense, whereas I've seen an ESI or two write about moments in which they've felt powerful, exhilarated, violent, like they're about to implode, etc and almost got some sort of rush out of it.
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-02-2014 at 04:33 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI are warm on the outside, much more sympathetic than ESI.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI E6 ISFJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Suedehead: I don't 100% understand the static/dynamic descriptions, so I can't really give a clear answer on that. I get very insecure in relationships from time to time. If things are going well, then i feel wonderful and loving and like nothing could possibly go wrong and that obviously they are with me. When things are going through a rough patch, I get nervous that they may not like me anymore. That would be due to other causes though (ex. enneagram type, depression, anxiety). Loyalty is important to me....but only with the people who are "actually" close to me. I make lots of friends and accquaintances, but very few people actually know me. Again, that could be insecurity in enneagram in affect.

Would subtype make a difference too? I've heard that those who are their creative subtype are somewhere closer/in between their lookalike?? Like I could be a SEI-Fe or an ESI-Si(Se?)? I don't really know a lot about subtypes or how they work really OTL

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I think it'd be harder to confuse a Se-subtype for SEI, let alone Alpha.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi sweetginger,

You give off super alpha vibes to me!

I'm not experienced enough with ESI's to really describe the difference in an articulate way. *torments self with thinking about the answer*