Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Dual-seeking in terms of Reinin dichotomies

I've never had much time for the Reinin dichotomies except those few that perhaps explain things in ways directly understood through the information elements and Model A.

This has most probably been discussed before in a thread I've missed or not cared to read due to being overly convoluted, but I thought it would be interesting to look at the ways that duals match with each other according to the Reinin dichotomies. According to them:

duals share the same Reinin traits in:
    carefree / farsighted
    yielding / obstinate
    democratic / aristocratic
    judicious / decisive
    merry / serious
    process / result

they differ in the follow traits:
    dynamic / static
    tactical / strategic
    constructivist / emotivist
    positivist / negativist
    asking / declaring

an individual differs from their conflictor in the following traits:
    positivist / negativist
    judicious / decisive
    merry / serious
    process / result

your conflictor shares these traits with you but not your dual:
    static / dynamic
    constructivist / emotivist

your conflictor shares this trait with your dual, but not you:
    positivist / negativist

your conflictor differs in these traits from both you and your dual:
    judicious / decisive
    merry / serious
    process / result

you share these traits with both your dual and your conflictor:
    carefree / farsighted
    yielding / obstinate
    democratic / aristocratic

It may be inaccurate to say that your dual aids you in the traits they have but you don't because it could still be that even in shared Reinin traits they are assisting you in information elements that you are weak in.

However, if you are looking at the Reinin dichotomies in isolation as a passing interest, "independent" from Model A Socionics (although it isn't really), then it perhaps says things about patterns of behaviour you like and dislike.

e.g. if I am a EII:
    I will wish for a dual who shares the following traits: farsighted, yielding, aristocratic, judicious, serious, and process.

I will need a dual who aids me in the following traits, which I do not have (in theory): dynamic, tactical, emotivist, negativist, and asking

I will find the combined following traits (which my conflictor has but I don't) unattractive: negativist, decisive, merry, and result. In addition, they share with me the following traits, which combined with their style, I probably find unattractive: static and constructivist.

I think with many, if not all traits, it is difficult to determine which you are due to problems with determining which areas of action and timescales are important. e.g. it is quite possible, maybe even natural, for a person to be a long-term positivist but a short-term negativist.

Looking at the traits I share as well as the ones in which I differ with my conflictor in this way, it is easy for me to see why my conflictor rubs me the wrong way in the how they act. Their mood is different or similar in exactly the wrong ways! They are quick to act in entirely the wrong manner altogether, and slow in the things in which they get right. They may even be prone to acting in ways similar to my own at some levels, but in ways in which I despise in myself.
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 05-01-2014 at 07:43 PM.