Thread: Alpha vs Gamma NTs - another clue

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha vs Gamma NTs - another clue

Excellent time management (such as always sensing the time and never being late) is a Gamma NT trait.

Excellent project management e.g. in engineering is an Alpha NT trait.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just stumbled upon this forum and couldn't resist joining in. As a newbie here, it's exciting to dive into discussions like these. I find the comparison between Alpha and Gamma NT traits quite interesting. Time management, a characteristic of Gamma NTs, is undoubtedly crucial in various aspects of life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being aware of time and staying punctual is undoubtedly valuable, both personally and professionally. On the other hand, project management, particularly in engineering, is often associated with Alpha NTs. Their skills in overseeing complex projects are impressive and contribute significantly to successful outcomes. Now, while we're on the topic of management, I'd like to bring up marketing task management. It's an area that demands a unique blend of skills and adaptability. Whether you identify as an Alpha or Gamma NT, excelling in marketing project management requires a keen eye for detail, creativity, and the ability to adapt to changing dynamics.
    Last edited by Vanqueen; 07-25-2023 at 09:51 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Clearly, this discussion has given me a lot of insights regarding managerial takes on AI bullshitting.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    537 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr provocateur View Post
    Clearly, this discussion has given me a lot of insights regarding managerial takes on AI bullshitting.
    Yeah, wtf. I guess bots are using chatgpt or something now.

I wonder if they'll multiply. We'll have entire threads of bots talking to each other.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The association of Ni with timeliness and time management is way overblown.

There is probably some connection but logic seems just as related to it, if not more. And there are other factors too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time managing look like something that’s coming from T function, not N.

Project management is something I rather trust ST than Alpha NT. LIIs with their Se polr + Te ignoring, ILEs are better but their Ne can be weird and not very trustworthy.

NT in general like to pushing ideas (LIE and ILE especially) so their engineering skills are not very trustworthy also since they may try to put a lot of ideas into their projects and there’s will be things that work and won’t work. And yeah need STs to polish things up and make sure it will work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good project management requires good time management.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the level of crunch present inside the companies could be a good indicator to measure whether if the company is Gamma NT or Alpha NT. For example, in the videogame industry, Supergiant Games, Riot Games or Valve would have a more Alpha NT way of doing things. CD Project Rekt, Rockstar or EA would be more Gamma NT.
    Last edited by HeInin; 07-19-2023 at 02:37 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alphas don't create or run companies, as they lack Se and therefore have no interest in concrete influence over society
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> such as always sensing the time and never being late

sensing time - Ni. to plan actions to fit the time - T also. all NT are similar in the abbility for this
    then J predisposes to do "in time"

if you'll deal with ILI and LII people, - in the appointed before time you'll get more often from 2nd

> engineering is an Alpha NT trait

Valued Ne makes more interest to imagine new. Combined with valued Ti this predisposes to some kinds of engineering, as to make a technical device, new math model.
    Ni-Te predisposes to an interest in better objective results, optimum ways to them, feeling of better decisions and future outcomes. This can be new ideas (engineering) too, - from the side of dealing with existing data and irrational intuitive feeling, - as in "black box" approximation, without clear math models about "why this". Seems "management" much relies on this empirical approach.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Alphas don't create or run companies, as they lack Se and therefore have no interest in concrete influence over society
    Mark Zuckerberg (ILE)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Mark Zuckerberg (ILE)
    (IEI)
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects