Thread: The Craftsman and the Psychologist (ISTp-ENFp) by Meged and Ovcharov

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Craftsman and the Psychologist (ISTp-ENFp) by Meged and Ovcharov

Dear ENFP_wants_INTJ,

My advice to you is to find your dual instead - the ISTp. In the long run, you'll me a lot happier (provided you have similar values).

Accirding to socionics, your relationship with an INTj will lack energy. He will be faultfinding and will not value your abilities. He may also appear patronising.

According to socionics you are labelled "The Psychologist" and your dual is labelled "The Craftsman". Below is a descritpiton of how things could turn out for the both of you (from http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.3.rels/index-rels.html). Sorry that the description describes the psychologist and craftsman as men:

The Craftsman easily detects smallest deviations from esthetic standards in the surrounding world; such disharmony makes him feel distressed, awakes in him a feeling of discomfort, the desire to improve the situation, to perfect what he achieved or actually possesses – not only in the material world, but in his intellectual and spiritual development as well. This is why The Craftsman is exigent to himself and often also to the others. He likes nothing drab, trite and banal, strives for improvement of his own, his friends and family, beginning from the appearance and health, and up to the mental development. He is very curious, has wide range of interests, often he is not self-confident because of increased self-criticism. He needs praise of his capabilities, encouragement of his efforts.

The Psychologist is just the kind of person who notices talents of the others, inspires them with belief in their capabilities, readily tells compliments. He notices even hidden capabilities and willingly encourages their development. This in turn very much commands respect of The Craftsman, who does not feel bored with such a partner. The Psychologist is useful to him also because he easily finds solutions to difficult situations, which would otherwise make The Craftsman feel depressed. Being thankful for that, The Craftsman takes care of the mental and external comfort of the one solving his internal problems.

The Psychologist very much needs a caring partner and finds relaxation for his emotional and restless soul in the 'quiet haven' of a friend, who is constant in his words and deeds, reliable and faithful. The Craftsman creates convenience and comfort for The Psychologist, who is not much adapted to the real life, thus giving him the opportunity to focus on spiritual and intellectual values, generate new ideas, which will bring the taste of novelty into their common affairs.

Everyday chores are usually undertaken by The Craftsman, who believes he can do them better. The Psychologist takes initiative in relations, can unite people around himself, and becomes the 'life of the party'. He gains people's favor, willingly advises on solving personal problems. He is a subtle psychologist, who understands well hidden motives of people. He emotionally demonstrates his attitude towards people; his sincerity, warmth and ingenuousness make others forgive his excessive straightforwardness and hot temper. He corrects The Craftsman's ethical mistakes, and often even his own, since he is not rancorous and likes people very much. His trustfulness disarms the incredulous Craftsman, and emotionality softens his more cold-tempered and reserved partner.

The Craftsman is reticent enough and does not like to demonstrate his feelings. He can put a distance in communication, seems to be arrogant and non-sociable. But in the very depths of his soul he is thankful to the person who takes responsibility for ethical issues on himself. He likes The Psychologist's spirit of trust, whose permanent optimism, capability of foreseeing the future and perspectives of various undertakings, finding ways out of any problems. The Psychologist raises The Craftsman's confidence of the future, decrease his skepticism and mistrust towards everything new, not well known or not proven by practice. In addition, The Craftsman is sometimes excessively nervous and mistrustful; he exaggerates possible dangers not to mention real ones. But The Psychologist, who lives more in the future than in the present, 'calculates' everything in advance and in such moments call for caution, and at the same time calms down his partner when an alarm is false.

The Craftsman is very technological and practical. He can work quickly and is well organized. He plans all stages of his work in advance, acquires all the necessary things in advance. He is enduring in perfecting details of his work, can separate important things from trifles, which is not an easy task for The Psychologist. The Psychologist's efficiency of working is high only in critical situations, while routine and monotonous, non-creative work deteriorates his vital tonus, being a source of boredom for this restless creative personality. The Psychologist gladly accepts a role of 'second' or 'assistant', which suits The Craftsman's commanding nature. The Craftsman does not like when others impose on him other ways of doing things than he would prefer. He is strives for real benefit and profit, unlike altruistic Psychologist, and this contributes to growth of material welfare of this dual pair.

The Psychologist needs a partner indulgent enough to his weak points: negligence at work, lack of consideration to rules, norms and hierarchy, outbursts of non-motivated aggression. The Craftsman is indulgent to such, sometimes they even amuse him. He likes the independent nature of The Psychologist, which does not encroach on his own independence.

The characteristic features of this dual pair are the independence from each other, as well as from others, harmony of relations and a restless spirit of creativity and self-development.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hugo, I had a long relationship with an ISTP and I'm not too sure about duality...

I would say the problem right now is that I'm only interested in this one guy who happens to be an INTJ. Sometimes I wish he were an ESFP (not really. My two best friends are both ESFPs, but I could never date one. I have actually never dated an extravert...).

Anyway, thanks for the information. It was really interesting to read because it reminded me of my ex and the benefits as well as the problems with the relationship-

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear ENFP_wants_INTJ

I read on another page that your might be wrong about whether he was ISTp. From what you say, I think he was not an ISTp. He might be an INTp or another type.

In the nicest possible way, why don't you try to hook up with ivormcguivor.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was me above.

One more thing. I knew a person that I thought might have been an ESFj but was in fact an ENFp.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not sure, that's true. The descriptions just fit him very well and so do the functions...No, he is most certainly not an INTP (that was my other long relationship and with his type I'm sure). And he is not an INTJ, that I know for sure, too. Since he is by no means an extrovert and not a feeler, he can only be an ISTP or an ISTJ (which I can't really see). I will make him send the questionnaire.

I wish I were practical enough to just be interested in someone who is a good match. I'm am ENFP and entirely driven by inexplicable emotions that just creep up and enthrall me. So the INTJ still has a firm grip on my romantic antenna. But thanks for the advice, I will at least check out if there is anyone I know who is definitely an ISTP and look into them further. And I will keep and eye on ivor's thread! :wink:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget that you can send Ivor a private message. :wink:

I am an INTj and wish that I could find my dual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im having a hard time accepting that ENFPs are my dual...I like ISTPs...for some reason I could see them more suited for me! Thought Im probably not suited for ANY type, seeing as how im pretty FUBARed in the head
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is it about ENFPs you don't accept?
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I find that I cannot accept ENFPs...its just that I cannot accept that theyre my dual. Not even that...I just dont see how theyre supposedly suppose to be "the one"s for me.
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.