Thread: Short infj story

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Short infj story

Hi so I am an infj and I am so glad that I discovered socionics a few months ago, because I now understand my type so much more and it actually makes sense that I act and think the way I do. Whereas in the past I always felt very different than my other friends and uncomfortable with my true self. It has been a little traumatizing growing up so different than most people in your life, yet I am very thankful for my type because I wouldn't be who I am without it. Lol I'm not so good at explaining things because a million thoughts come into my head, and I don't know what to write. I always knew I was seriously lacking in things, and this includes the the ability to separate cold facts to from, well, my own thoughts. I guess this is what my dual estj does, and I always admired that trait in people.

My best friend in school was an infp, (I guessed it and she took the test and confirmed it ) and our relationship was kind of codependent (not in an unhealthy way really), and I think this was because we were able to understand each other. Yet there were still so many differences that I was often confused as to where she was coming from. We sort of had this underlying respect for each other, yet awareness of each other's faults. It was nice and comfortable, and I love her.

I now have an estj friend and I am very happy. She accepts all my quirks and I feel driven to do my best, and no longer do i feel the need to be someone other than myself. And there is never an uncomfortable feeling that we don't get each other, because I can feel that we truly understand everything. (except when there is misunderstandings, and those times become massively blown up).

I grew up with an estp mother whom I, needless to say, got into many conflicts with. HAha pardon the pun. Lol. We have a totally different way of seeing things, and it causes me a lot of stress sometimes because I wanted everyone to be happy, yet I wanted to be myself without criticism. Haha there goes my infj idealism. I think this made me wary of feeling that anyone can accept me. I often feel undeserving when I get attention from people, But from an estj, I know that it's real.

Thank you for listening, I shall go now. Lol i picked up alot of weird quirks from my infp friend, and sometimes I sound like her. But I know that we are very different deep down, due to her having NiFe and me FiNe. But sometimes I get confused. Whatever enough Ne.

Any comments would be appreciated

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand.

You didn't ask any questions?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I took it as a proclamation of her type and invitation to dispute. I have no disputes.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW