Thread: Te help pls!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Te help pls!!!!!!!!

at work they want me to show a new employee how to make an access database.
    they spent money for me to go to classes but i still barely understand it myself. i end up googling half the time.
    i have a book but it doesnt even really cover half the shit you run across realistically while using it.
    my boss taught herself and says its easy and i can handle it. she says ask for her help if i end up needing it. but i want to be STRONK
    i am also shy and this new person is nice but i am not a natural teacher leader lady.
    how do i bullshit my way through this? what do i do???

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i have to set up a meeting sometime today

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

frak

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just do the damn thang

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    they spent money for me to go to classes but i still barely understand it myself. i end up googling half the time.
    i have a book but it doesnt even really cover half the shit you run across realistically while using it.
    my boss taught herself and says its easy and i can handle it. she says ask for her help if i end up needing it. but i want to be STRONK
    i am also shy and this new person is nice but i am not a natural teacher leader lady.
    Dang. Hmm. Just be yourself. Maybe the individual will be your dual and it will be an interesting socionics moment.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Dang. Hmm. Just be yourself. Maybe the individual will be your dual and it will be an interesting socionics moment.
    haha. i actually wondered if she was at the meeting..
    not that there were magical duality sparks or anything but she maybe has an LIE vibe maybe.
    the fact that she doesn't seem like an asshole is definitely a plus.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Google it.
    2. Write down step by step instructions.
    3. Read from step by step instructions when demonstrating.
    4. Give her step by step instructions.

Am I Te yet?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is almost the same as excel, so you can't go wrong, and one learns on the fly (at least I do), so following stiff and ineffective instructions or whatever it is called, is just inviting oneself back to ape age.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far all I've found was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjh2HhPqRaA

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010341808.aspx

(both were so boring that I ended up prematurely clicking out of. Sorry if they're both crap). I TRIED.

The video seems helpful for basics.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i wonder if access is really more with all the interlinking connections and how everything needs to be perfectly structured before you can even use it.

ive never had trouble like this before with learning a computer program.

got some really good advice in chat from @leckysupport and @FDG <3

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Asking Te help to do apparently Ti stuff is krieg.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, what i'd do is make the database from scratch tonight. Make sure you safe after each intermideate step this way you can walk her through the steps by conveniently loading the save-files! Also it gives you the time and space to make it at your leisure rather than under scruteny!

write down every step with the corresponding save-file (chances are you'll know it after that, but at least you'll be able to revise/peek at what you did to get there).

Alternatively, flirt with a computer savvy nerd in your department and have him sit conveniently close so you can teach the new girl how to misuse the computers department by excercizing feminine whiles. Might actually be a better skill than the acces stuf...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    well, what i'd do is make the database from scratch tonight. Make sure you safe after each intermideate step this way you can walk her through the steps by conveniently loading the save-files! Also it gives you the time and space to make it at your leisure rather than under scruteny!

write down every step with the corresponding save-file (chances are you'll know it after that, but at least you'll be able to revise/peek at what you did to get there).

Alternatively, flirt with a computer savvy nerd in your department and have him sit conveniently close so you can teach the new girl how to misuse the computers department by excercizing feminine whiles. Might actually be a better skill than the acces stuf...
    if i have time to do this during work hours (and chances are good) i think i will. thank you!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lul @ noobs.

so what happened @lungs

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It...was good enough. I didn't get fired, anyway. Lol

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Oh, I followed refs advice. With the intermediate steps

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wing it.

It's just about keys and the master key amirite?

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knock her over the head and hide the body in the ventilation shaft.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    They can probably do it, but if they can't, work together and call it team work.

You should be able to do it though or otherwise said you couldn't, so first paragraph is where it's at.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@William
    i think you're not really giving my boss enough credit. she sent me to a class to learn it so i could be somebody in her department who knew how to use it when it was needed. for some reason i struggled to learn it even after the class. but it was my job to learn it. in a way i kind of appreciated her throwing the challenge at me even though i was nervous because it showed she had faith in me. even though the reason for her offering me up seemed like an office politics thing. i wish i had done better but i have never been very good at explaining how to do things even when i'm really good at them. anyway i do think my boss is gamma sf, which would mean weak Te, yea.

the person learning it came across a new program that she decided would work better for it. so i dunno, lol. we still work together on things a little and i haven't gotten a very good read on her.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lungs I'm in favor of education so I would seek out an instructor make friends with people who would know or take a class.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ Microsoft databases. You don't have to apologize for not wanting to bite that bullet.